There wont be another successful new TLP server. Change my mind.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, May 23, 2018.

1. Potawatomi Augur

Not with that negative attitude there won't.
  2. Raltar Augur

I would start over on a server like this if my current guild on Ragefire died. But we are still going strong and will hopefully continue for many expansions to come.
  3. Dexar Elder

I think that first you need to define what would constitute a "Successful TLP"

How does the OP measure this? What are the criteria? I have no idea if I agree with him or not because people measure success in very different ways. :)

To me successful would mean that the server still has a higher than average population when compared to the other servers after a period of 2 years. By that measurement, success is heavily dependent on the ruleset. No matter what the ruleset is, the first few months will be high population. The real test comes after the new car smell wears off.

I think the 20th anniversary TLP that many of us are expecting has a solid chance of success by that measure. In my opinion a few decisions they need to make on it are very pivotal. It can't be the same cut and paste we keep having. It needs to have at least one thing that sets it apart from all the other TLPs.

I won't say what I think that should be because that would be very specific to my personal preferences, and won't necessarily line up with most people. They do however need either something that hasn't been done yet, or a combination of ruleset items that haven't previously existed together.
  4. Critt Augur

Interesting post, but I think you underestimate the number of people that didn't roll on Coirnav because they had just done it all on phinny not that long ago and the number of people that just live for EQ up to luclin for the most part. With that being said, if they don't start consolidating servers soon we can kiss this awesome haven for late 90's geeks good buy...First off it makes no sense to me that they still have so many live servers when they are clearly never even close to full except for FV of course. Secondly the TLP list is starting to look the same as the live list there needs to be be a consolidation of these populations to foster a healthier game world but that doesn't appear to be a priority for DBG so one has to wonder what the long term plans are...
  5. Monkman Augur

I just don’t understand the appeal besides the krono rush for tlp, if you played classic you know it’s not even close to what it was like. All I see on the forums are complaints about spawn times or instances.
  6. Raltar Augur

I like it because I quit shortly before GoD was released, so I've gotten to experience things I have not experienced before, somewhat in era. It's one thing to go plow through those expansions at level 100 or whatever, but experiencing it at level with gear and AAs and spells that are all in era(for the most part) has been fun.
    Chatoyan and Risiko like this.
  7. Dreven Lorekeeper

Define successful... Coirnav is very active with people having a blast.
    Next year people might have a blast on a new TLP server - what is the issue ?
  8. Raina Elder

hmm, might be the most hilarious thing I have ever read. Definitely up there.
    Dexar likes this.
  9. discordkitty Augur

You forgot Agnarr or better XP rate.
  10. Arrk Augur

What is funny about it?
    FV released as RP server, one character, alignment, TLC, most items no drop... to founder the RP element...
    It was successful back in the day for this reason... not for the NO drop rule...actually, people that didn't RP hated the server because of the TLC

People got so established there that is why it was successful, then SOE screwed it up, gutted most of the special features.. and now it is a shell of its former glory
  11. TLPjunkie New Member

You're delusional if you believe the fact that the old RP features of this server is why it's successful.
    Dexar and Raina like this.
  12. Arrk Augur

You're delusional if you believe the fact that the old RP features of this server are why it wasn't successful.
  13. discordkitty Augur

As someone who has only played on Agnarr, outside of a week on the dumpster fire that is Coirnav; do they typically only release new TLP servers during their anniversaries? Have others been released outside of them? I didn't even start on Agnarr until right before Luclin so I don't even know when it launched ;p
  14. Arrk Augur

They typically release them in the spring... with Phinny being the one exception
    discordkitty likes this.
  15. Chuuk Augur

I addressed that at the end by saying that I don't think the slow exp would be a huge turn-off if you could single-pc-box. Honestly, with my 4 box on Ragefire, I can crank out exp fast enough that I wouldn't care if they cut the exp rate by 75%.

I don't think increased exp would be needed, but it would be nice.
  16. smash Augur

The definition of a successfull tlp server will always be tainted by the preferrences of the person saying yes success, no failure.

Example, I wanna have a tlp server where gnomes will have 50% xp bonus, but can only get 50% rezzes. There no pick zones, all loot are no drop.

For me that would be successful server, this just example, I would not like one like it ;-)
  17. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Where is that post that has all the threads about eq dying? Now we can add threads about eq tlp dying.

That being said I do understand where you are coming from!
  18. jeskola pheerie

They definitely need to try a no truebox instanced server. Other rules optional.
  19. discordkitty Augur

Definitely nice for sure. I've found I prefer faster XP as I like to get the levels under my belt so I can get on to the fun stuff. There's certain classes I play to just enjoy the journey and others I play to do harder stuff with smaller numbers as I love that kind of thing. I've really enjoyed the Agnarr XP rate and I played on Phinny the day TSS launched and even before the XP bonus kicked in I was enjoying that XP rate. Coirnav is just way too slow for me, even for my 'enjoy the journey' classes. I wouldn't want to play on anything that was less than Agnarr at this point.
  20. Malicre Journeyman

i'm holding out for the 20th anniversary tlp to be FV ruleset, Agnarr Exp, Phinny Unlocks.