Necro Pet tanking??

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by hein, May 21, 2018.

1. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

This is true. EM23 does quite well. But I do like the icing on the cake that the higher ranks provide. I sometimes box two mages, one with EM25 and other with EM24. It's quite a luxury.
  2. moogs Augur

Call it what you like. I'll call it broken.
  3. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Whine about non-raiders getting raid stuff spotted!
    Skewert likes this.
  4. moogs Augur

The rule set kills the great majority of the potential market for anything that isn't super top-end since the level cap does not increase with each and every expansion. This makes the vast majority of the game completely obsolete. The horrendously inflated prices drive 3rd party RMT sales across all servers. I won't get into your "I bought the plat so I earned my gear" nonsense. It's not whining, it's real observation and maybe that's something you could learn some day. But it's also a major tangent and does not contribute to OP's discussion.
  5. Filter Augur

My 2 cps. I've played a nec for years. I now play a zerker as my main and war for tanking. I had to bring up my nec. WHile I had him up I tanked with my nec pet and the pet tanked better than my darn war. The nec pet held agro better and took inc dmg better than my RoS T1 group geared war. The nec is lvl 106 with no ROS gear and has pet foci 18.
    Soooo, nec tank is JUUUUUUST fine based on my experience.
  6. Spellfire Augur

Nice trolling.
    Adonhiram and menown like this.
  7. Adonhiram Augur

Yeah, let's keep it to the analysis mage/bst/nec pet. I left live years ago and am now on progression servers, so this thread is very interesting to read to learn about pets on live, please stick to the topic :)
  8. Filter Augur

My apologies. I wasn't trolling. The OP wanted to know how nec pets tanked so I gave him a factual information on my experience. Nec pets really are in a good place but their dps is horrible, not that you use them for strictly dps.
    Felicite likes this.
  9. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I will say this, if you are thinking about rolling a heroic char group, a priest class of some type with a mage or necro is a good idea. I like classes with good heal over times for group so I gravitate towards cleric\shaman. Also, when you delve into cleric auras and damage mitigation abilities they really standout above what a merc can do.

EDIT: The presence of a real healer, even boxed, will make that marginal necro pet passable in alot of circumstances. With mage pet it really makes it shine.
    Skewert likes this.