Next Progression Server--List of all the things that should be changed first and not later.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Boffur, May 22, 2018.

1. Boffur New Member

Wouldn't it be great to have a list of all the things that need to be omitted in order to make sure that the next progression server doesn't allow certain things or certain bonuses and then decide to change them after a period of time that could possibly coincide with slowing down experience progression of the "others" or those that are not the top rated guild members. If all folks are paying for a subscription, then shouldn't all be able to get exp and levels based upon the oldest of EQ principles, who ever has the most time to spend, often levels the fastest.
    It would be great to list all those things that should be removed and returned back to the way it was when the game first started.

Gate guards are lower levels and often can be killed for exp and coin by opposite races/factions.
    No Daybreak Store at all.
    No mana potions or regen potions other than the earliest shaman ones that lasted short times.
    No kronos.
    No camping rules or play nice rules.
    Experience awards are set at and don't go changing them after one group of players has used them to work through difficult levels.
    What else should be added to the list.......
  2. Numiko Augur

You forgot the part where Daybreak will pay you $14.95 a month to play on such a server...
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Fix the plane of fire exploit of levitating over c1.
    Potawatomi and Hober like this.
  4. Boffur New Member

I guess I missed that one. Guess I will have to do some research on that feature. See old player here that returned to play. Make sure and turn over the goods on how we can get them to pay us to play?
  5. Kahna Augur

Why are you so dead set agains this. It is just as easy to invis and run through C1, it’s hardly game changing. I swear you are trolling but this is the 5th or 6th time you have brought this up so either you are sticking to your troll platform or you’re not trolling and you’re just bad at levitate and can’t figure out the trick yourself.
    DeseanJackson likes this.
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Does this really have to be explained again? Nobody who even very slightly understands MMO economies would ever suggest this. It would just push RMT back into the black market, and cause more people to be ripped off. Please just stop suggesting this inane stuff.

"wtb gebs paying 1 krono"
    "hay br0 you can't use kronos on this server!!1!11!!one!11!!one!11'
    'that's cool, you give me gebs here and then we just log to Agnarr server and i give you krono'
    'ok here's gebs'
    'thx bye'
    ForumBoss, Adrienna, Felicite and 3 others like this.
  7. DeseanJackson Augur

I don't get the issue here. I don't even know if it's broken or a trick, it's been this way since back when Plane of Fire was first released too... but I also am not sure if you're trolling though.
  8. snailish Augur

The idea of listing things that are still "out of whack" for a fun, balanced progression is a good one.

Forum posters certainly won't agree on all of them, but it's good to get them out there.

The likelihood of them being addressed, I would say, has a lot to do with: how involved is the fix/change, how does it fit modern progression balance, and which dev's to-do list does it go on (as that might mean it is item #12 or item #39 in priority).

I remain of the opinion that the current state of progression is the best form we have seen, and the evolution from Sleeper/Combine has been impressive.
  9. Seiffil Lorekeeper

No Kronos will never happen. In place of krono's you'll just have people offering large amounts of plat which in turn some of them will probably use for rmt on a third party or as Xyroff said, they'll trade for a krono through another server. Kronos came into existence because of people getting scammed trying to buy or sell SC cards for plat and continually crying to SOE about getting ripped off. They'll never get rid of kronos.

No camping or play nice rules? Pretty sure thats already in place, dps race is king isn't it? I've seen officers of guilds train other guilds raids that are still playing over a year after those incidents occurred.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I’m curious, does the TLP community as a whole actually want it this way? Or is it just there as an inevitability given DBG’s lack of staff to enforce the old rules?
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

The latter.
  12. discordkitty Augur

When did SoE add these rules? I started playing in 1999 and I've always remembered these things, though they may not have originally started at launch. That being said, there were real communities back then and your reputation was everything. There were no name changes or server transfers. People worked together and weren't set on being asshats, multiboxers (I like boxing, you know what I mean) and krono farmers. I feel like PNP and camps have been a thing longer than they haven't?
  13. Prathun Developer

It is very difficult for us to make geometry changes to old zones.
    Dythan likes this.
  14. discordkitty Augur

There's no reason to change this regardless. It's in era, was always that way.
    Benzarden likes this.
  15. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

If you did actually want to change it (I don't care if you change it or not) just make it a zone where levitate doesn't work.
    snailish likes this.
  16. Hober Journeyman

This is understandable and your reply is appreciated. However, the geometry exploits in fire and water really ruin the epic feel of the zones. Not having to engage any mobs on the way to the final bosses just doesn’t make sense. Two small invisible walls or some other fix would be fantastic.
    Potawatomi and Dythan like this.
  17. Xeris Augur

If you're talking about fantasy... it would be counter intuitive to disable the lev trick. If I'm levitating and can reach a peak higher than the wall, I should be able to fly over it... maybe Fennin Ro's dudes should have built a taller wall, blame him.
    Raytheon likes this.
  18. doah Augur

Fix the hit box on the breakable doors and stuff in PoR. and Rolley chests/coffins in demiplane of blood.
  19. Boffur New Member

If kronos are the fix that is mentioned here, then why are there still advertisements from characters for selling gold and items continuously barked out in general chat. The black market still exists, this is just an opportunity for the FTP games to make up the lost funds from a subscription. But since one must have a subscription or pay some type of funds to play on progression servers then why should these items still be available. If the idea is to remove certain things because they were not available until a certain expansion, then why not remove all extra items that were not available at the start of EQ? It's either one way or just an excuse for item and gold farmers.
  20. Boffur New Member

I can see that fix when the plane of fire come out, but I was hopeful that some of these changes were to be made to the beginning of a new progression server. Not after several expansions that then open up this problem.