Furious bash does nothing, change my mind

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by GeauxTigers, May 21, 2018.

1. GeauxTigers Elder

Literally nothing, 20 bashes and 1 spell peels a mob
  2. RandomStrategy Augur

Was it mana burn?
  3. GeauxTigers Elder

Flame of light was more agro than 20 bashes (that actually hit the mob) flame of light is a 150dd with no agro generation attached
  4. Religious Elder

You're not wrong. This focus line exist for the sole purpose of tricking tanks that don't know any better into prioritizing it over other shields that would otherwise be superior. While most tanks will desire the shields with this focus on it to begin with (and this foci helps direct them towards it, over another shield that might be focused more towards casters or priests) by no means should a shield ever be looted under the misconception that this foci will do something for you, and additionally should not be retained over a shield with superior statistics and AC.
  5. GeauxTigers Elder

Talking specifically about Shield of Strife on a PoP locked server so it's not a huge issue in those terms. But still, if we're fixing potions can we get this looked at?
  6. GeauxTigers Elder

Oddly enough you still get the message "Your shield of strife glows red" but apparently it does nothing
  7. Raina Elder

Shield of strife earns its keep by having 85 AC, +3 heroic stam, +5 to bash & a ton of HP, not furious bash...
  8. Baldur Augur

Yeah, but in later expansions the "caster" shields tend to have more ac and stats than the shields with furious bash.

I learned a long time ago it doesn't do anything. I spend my dkp on the best shield stat wise and completely ignore furious bash.
  9. Raltar Augur

Ignore everything except AC.
  10. taliefer Augur

its meant to increase the agro on bashes, which have very little innate hate to begin with, so yea. its just a useless focus effect from the start
  11. Bewts Augur

They really dropped the shield on this one /eyeroll
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.