QoL Change? Why does my Flying Carpet Eat so much FOOD?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Erghh, May 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erghh New Member

I remember when Luclin Launched and part of owning a mount was that it would contribute to eating of your rations... but its kind of funny when in no way that my flying carpet eats more than the average Horse... ;)

Any chance a Dev could adjust the food consumption on some of the LoN Card mounts or even ALL the mounts? those iron rations are quite Pricey!!

But yeah its pretty funny that my mount which is a flying carpet eats more than my character does... guess that's the price of Riding in Style... Haha!!!!
  2. Imak Augur

Your Flying Carpet is actually a humanoid NPC, invisible, that carries the carpet around on his head. He get hungry!!
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fanra like this.
  3. smash Augur

Heard a rumour that they going to change your carpet to eat something else, like your socks, or your tunic.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

If a cannibalistic mob tries to eat you while riding one of these does that make them a carpet muncher? Also I hear the magic carpet likes hotdogs a lot. Ok bad jokes I know ;)

On a side note why are you eating iron rations still? Go buy 1000 loafs of bread and use those instead. It takes one slot, they are dirt cheap and they will last you a long time. All of my box toons use these and my main has a stack for when I am doing non combat related things so he does not eat all his stat foods.
    Fanra likes this.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Not sure you are allowed to say carpet muncher. But it made me laugh, in this context. Apologies to our LGBT+ friends.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

Is there a measurable effect of not starving for a caster?
  7. Aurastrider Augur

Well in this case it is literal so it should not be offensive **Shrug** :confused:
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

The fun thing is the double entendre, that you say it about an actual virtual flying carpet that eats too much, but the term is also a derogative for lesbians.

If I am in the perfect storm of being in an isolated setting with very good friends that are of a given grouping, there are cases where I can get away with using derogative terms that makes fun of their sexuality, ethnicity, disability, or whatever. (I sometimes call a british gay friend of mine a breeder, which is funny because breeder is a derogative for straight people), but in all other contexts, it is very hard to get away with. Some stand-up comedians are able to frame it to be equal-opportunity-offensive, which is actually an important part of making groupings main stream, but the reality is that people are still persecuted all over the world for being in such groups;

So... it is very much about the context and the framing. You can indeed call a ravenous carpet for a carpet muncher, because it is funny, and it is not making fun of lesbians, however I advice caution, and at the same time frame it in a pro-LGBT+ context.

I know a lot of purist people who think that you can never make politically incorrect jokes, they are just wrong, and are just promoting a new repressive petite bourgeoisie morality with a reversed sign.

Sorry for babbling, it is a beautiful rainy morning in Copenhagen, having a Coffey and compressing a raid video :).
  9. Aurastrider Augur

Honestly someone's sexual orientation never even crossed my mind when I posted it but I guess I can see how someone might take offense to it which was not my intent by any means. I am the last person to care about a persons preferences in life as long as they are not hurtful or destructive to others. There are way more important things for me to worry about in life than what consenting people are doing behind closed doors.
    Fanra and IblisTheMage like this.
  10. Erghh New Member

Thanks for the loaf's of bread tip!! also I was not trying to be offensive to anyone so I hope it didn't come across that way...

I can see it could be easily taken and trolled that way, but I hope it doesn't.
    again thanks for the tip on the food. I was almost resorting to baking some fishrolls…. Ugh!! :confused:
  11. ~Mills~ Augur

You're telling me that we are all riding around on an invisible gnome?
  12. Imak Augur

Not a gnome. It looks like its probably a drakkin model. That, or Takish-Hiz elf model. Shrunk one size down. For serious.
  13. Kegwell Lurker since '99

invisible DOUG
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I feel guilty now for the number of times I've drowned him as I've swam in water and my carpet poofs!
  15. Aurastrider Augur

Never feel guilty about this. If you drown them in salt water it starts the pickling process and everyone knows pickled gnome goes great on a gnome burger. Add a side of deep fried brownie parts with a well aged gnome blood dipping sauce and gnome blood wine and you have the perfect meal.
  16. Herf Augur

Your Flying Carpet is dead. It has been secretly replaced with a Mimic, and they are notorious food hogs.
    Fanra likes this.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Easily overlooked AA is innate metabolism under general. Cuts your food consumption by 50% as does the little gingerbread familiar Jimothy Junior - but he anniversary quest.
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

After the "incident" shown in Time Bandits, switched from a ship to carpet and went invisible.
    [IMG]

As you can see, a big guy like that needs a lot of food.
    Xatt, Yruc and Prathun like this.
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You forgot a few letters, which I'm sure offends someone...
    Sancus and Dythan like this.
  20. IblisTheMage Augur

Now covered by the +.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.