Blocked buffs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aurastrider, May 19, 2018.

1. Aurastrider Augur

Trying to do the group mission The fall of lord Bayle from COTF which is proving to be a challenge even at 108. I realized my merc was casting a cure spell over and over which ran him OOM. So I placed it on all my toons blocked buff list and all my pets. Next run he casts a different cure spell over and over again so I place that one on blocked buff list. 3rd run he continues to cast the second cure spell even though its on the blocked buff list. Any suggestions would be helpful. I am thinking at this point I might have to run it with two healer mercs with one on passive until the first one is OOM.
  2. moogs Augur

What is it trying to cure? And which race is the merc?
  3. ~Mills~ Augur

Event has a mana drain.
  4. Thraine Augur

find a real cleric and that task will be a breeze
    Metanis likes this.
  5. Yimin Augur

Just need the right set up , Necromancer ... Having a real healer was also very important :)

Yimin
  6. Aurastrider Augur

I know about the mana drain and if there is a real healer on Tunare that plays late nights that needs this achievement I would love for them to join me but the odds of that are pretty slim I am thinking.

As far as what he is trying to cure it is a disease spell I believe. My merc is the blue skelly merc. The first encounter he kept casting fervid renewal. I was able to burn down all the mini named and spawns in under 10 minutes so I doubt the mana drain is the issue if its a drain over time thing. Plus looking at the log files everyone has a pretty equal number of casts compared to my merc with a +/- 15 and yet all my toons had well over 50% when he went OOM.

I remember doing this raid and it was always a challenge for us so I was not expecting it to be an easy win.
  7. Conq Augur

I'm around late nights weekends, Aura. Send me a tell, don't need the chieve but I'd cleric it with you.
    Conq
  8. Aurastrider Augur

Thanks man you truly are one of the people I idolized when I got to raid. Learning from you and the other clerics was some of the most enjoyable times I have had in this game even though I absolutely hated playing my cleric during the group game I loved it for raiding. I will be on the next couple of nights but wont be back on until early June. Have a week of work followed by going out of town. I am in no rush to finish it off I just skipped it for now and moved to Argin which I find to be much more enjoyable than TOR.