Completely non-gamechanging request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tegila, May 16, 2018.

1. moogs Augur

I feel the pain. My next door neighbor had cable. The town line separated us by 100 feet. Of course I was on the wrong side, and the cable company refused for 8 years to extend it for us. Dialup and satellite were our only options. Someone gifted me a copy of EQ Trilogy; I was able to play the offline demo, but could never connect to the live servers on my satellite service. The EQ Trilogy box sat on my bookshelf for 2 years and I forgot all about it until I unpacked it from a moving box fresh after having a new DSL connection.

Good luck. This is worth spending a couple of hours of development time to investigate and come back with either a fix or an explanation as to why it's not possible.
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

False. Connectivity in Europe and the Middle East have a lot in common. Decent in large metropolitan area, crap everywhere else. In the US you have service damn near everywhere and can generally get your internet hooked up within a week.
  3. moogs Augur

4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You'll want to look into using the new command robocopy; I think that command has some of the power and abilities which was removed or not available to xcopy.

That is true everywhere. The difference is that the individual countries in Europe and the Middle East are significantly smaller than the US; so it is easily to put new infrastructure into place in European countries and other countries of similar size. The Middle East, I would assume, just has a higher likelihood of that infrastructure being damaged.
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Been to some of it. At least the phone worked.

I have been to some of the undamaged ones as well rather. Their service sucks which surprised me because of their size. Europe doesn't have the coverage I thought it would. I have been three countries so far and the service hasn't been stellar.
  6. Owl56 Elder

The crux of the problem is how TCP works. Unfortunately, when using a connection oriented protocol, if your latency is too high, it will terminate the connection. This has nothing to do with DBG or thier server side nor is their anything they can do about it. The comments earlier (Zhaunil_AB) about using PowerShell are an excellent suggestion as to how to make it a bit less painful for you.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.