shaman spell set up

Discussion in 'Priests' started by ClaudiaMadCat, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

I think the only time I don't have Roar up is when I'm root/rotting. I don't like that it wipes out regen buff but what are you going to do?
  2. Lazipuppy Journeyman

I really have no idea why it works this way, when the change first came out, I thought it's a bug and will be fixed soon, but it turns out I was wrong.
  3. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

Lion vs Sabretooth.... it's 100% fact that with ros bp + rk6 lion you get much better output from lion than you do sabre. i'm not sure what at rank it becomes better though.
  4. Jetslam Augur

With all the recent dot changes, I'm not sure how effective these are anymore. I'll have to do some testing on the difference in damage over using a single new dot.

Initial look:
    Breath Combo uses 17k base mana for 12.3k base dmg per tick.
    Chaotic Combo uses 23.4k base mana for 15.5k base dmg per tick.

New Disease Swift uses 2k base mana for 12.2k base dmg per tick.
    New Poison Swift uses 2.7k base mana for 12.3k base dmg per tick.

Based on that, I'd consider just using two swift dots in their place. Especially if mobs are lasting 20-30s. You're using ~8x more mana to get only 25% more damage on one dot, and break even on the other.

Plus, the poison combo has a pretty long recast, so can't be used on multiple mobs in camp.
  5. Fintank Augur

Roar of the Lion rank 1 = 1: Decrease Current HP by 13265
    Talisman of the Sabretooth rank 3 =1: Decrease Current HP by 2454
  6. Leigo You come here often?

But you're giving base Mana usage. Since I run raid focus the Mana usage on a full set of dots is 20%
    I only use quick dots if the mobs are dying fast. As I said my setup is for boxing so my kill speed isn't as fast as others.
  7. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

wow. didn't realize it was that much of a difference (never looked). seems like an oversight on the part of the devs to continue to make the sabretooth line that much weaker than even rk1 of lion.
  8. Leigo You come here often?

Shm dichto probably should have been something else since it made the puma line obsolete.
  9. Jetslam Augur

Yes, and the swift dots would also be reduced by those same focus giving them still the same efficiency ratios.

I've started using two hotkeys to cast my dots while boxing. One of them assists my tank, casts malo, slow, and two swift dots. Then the next hotkeys casts 3 regular dots and then refreshes the two swift dots. That'll assist with the hassle of refreshing the swift line with the short duration.
  10. Leigo You come here often?

you're arguing for efficiency, however, I did say my lineup was for a box crew that doesn't kill so fast that swift dots make sense. Now if I go to eok yes, but Goro or HS? no and if it's a golem or Ore I'm after still swift make no sense.. I never said I don't use them, just as needed.
    I'm sure you're crew does great, but I have no mana issues with the set I run.. like I said even full dot its 20% mana, canni recovers around 30% then there's: Canni spell, horn of unity, SK bites, bard songs.. Mana just isnt an issue and I can focus more so on the sk with this set and not have to refresh anything
  11. Brohg Augur

then you cast the real, new dots for much more damage. you still don't use the old snot
  12. Leigo You come here often?

considering i have rk3 of the old snot and no rk3 of the new snot.. old snot = more dmg
  13. Raccoo Augur

Not sure if it was intended, but just about every DOT cast by mobs block Roar of the Lion. While Sabertooth will still work since it doesn't include the HOT/regen. If Lion is on before the dots, they both seem to be able to stack.
  14. Jetslam Augur

I guess if you're referring to a the two rk3s versus a single rk 1, this would be the case. However, a new rk 1 (even without AA focus) will be more damage than an old rk 3 single spell. I'd take a look at dropping your two nukes and memming 4 new dots in the current two combo dot/nuke slots. A single dot tick should be more damage than a nuke cast, and much less to manage.
  15. Leigo You come here often?

Yeah I'm not sure why they coded it to block Roar if dot Is on a player yet not block dot If Roar is already active
  16. Leigo You come here often?

The nukes are for fun.. I generally run 4 dot spells. Using combo dots it makes it 6. Sometimes I just like to nuke and see how often I can Make pact proc.