Coirnav is what again?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Numzan, May 14, 2018.

1. Numzan Augur

If your going to roll on this server, i recommend a Tank of sorts or cleric. You should find groups rather easy, or start your own. I have been LFG during the week and its rather hard to find any.

I also dont like the fact the server and maybe the others, are a krono farming server...
    Kikinu likes this.
  2. Random newb Augur

Are you talking to me?
  3. Yruc Augur

This is Coirnav

[IMG]
    Mr. Froo and Roxxlyy like this.
  4. Risiko Augur

If you want to get groups the most often, you play Enchanter, Cleric, or Tank. This has been true for all servers since the beginning of time. This is not unique to Coirnav.
    Malicre and Numzan like this.
  5. Numzan Augur

You are completely right about that. Midway before logging off i see a tell, want solb? i was like hmm i dont have lfg on. it simply boils down to /who all enchanters, clerics, tanks. otherwise your just fluff for the group being dps, and adps.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

If youre at all serious about farming krono then coirnav is the server for you.
  7. Coder Joe Journeyman

The constant Krono spam does get extremely old. Especially for us returning players who aren't used to it. Everything in /auction is WTS $whatever_item for whatever amount of Krono.

I understand it is probably keeping the game alive, but it was too annoying to put up with.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

That's every server now FWIW.
  9. Phiyre Augur

All TLP that I have seen are krono farming servers. They will farm through xpacs until there is no more money/krono to be made and hop to the next/new tlp. It isn't just a cash grab for daybreak, it is a huge money maker for box armies..
    Really have to blame the player base though. If they didn't feed the sellers krono, it wouldn't be as huge as it is. It never made sense to me to pay months worth of game time for a pixelated item. To each their own though :)
  10. Whales Aren't Orange Lorekeeper

There is only one item you "need" from current era Coirnav that's selling for krono and that is jboots. Fortunately those do not go away.

Kunark things get a bit more nasty. But again, you do not "need" the prime stuff from there. Pre Nerf Circlet and Fungus Staff are nice to have but you can live without them. Fungi tunic is overvalued because who that can wear it would solo here? Nice tool, but doesn't carry the weight it once had.
    I expect the old world epic camps will be rampant.

This batch of farmers are insanely more greedy than Phinny/Agnaar was so I expect to see a lot of random items being overvalued for krono. I wish I were the lucky sucker who hits the lottery and gets a Siblisian Berserker Cloak or Obulus Death Shroud to drop. Too bad Seb will be AE bombed into oblivion from day 1.

I hate krono but it's here to stay. Just have to realize you can live just fine without it up to the point where the gear they sell isn't as choice, or raid and gear past it down the velious/luclin/pop way. This is the first time on a server I've played where I didn't have GEBs and jboots in era. But I refuse to pay krono for it right now. I'll catch them on a blowout sale in a few weeks for good ole plat.
    Critt likes this.
  11. Gremin Augur

We rarely if ever see any issues with krono spam, items being sold for krono etc. Yes, I know people will say low population but it aint that low.
    Adrienna likes this.
  12. Numzan Augur

I never hated krono, but they should change it to no drop once transferred 1 time. This will take the people with 3000 krono to playing EQ for 20 yrs longer. It was a frigging payment system suppose to be used correctly not a form of outside selling for cash.

DBG has the option to turn them to account only.
    Adrienna likes this.
  13. Numzan Augur

Replying to myself, unless the devs themselves are making outside cash?
  14. Crayon123 Augur

Gave Coirnav a second chance and I'm glad I did. Enjoying it so far, much more casual than Phinigel was. Not much bat-phoning going on, only with RI. No one seems overly obsessed with dominance to the point of abusing other guilds, its pretty peaceful, relaxing and somewhat dare I say... respectful.

Can see playing here until DoN or so quite easily, but I warn you now, box at least one toon so you can get things done once GoD+ launches, always seems to hurt these servers PUG-wise.

Still in Classic for another month, come give it a try :) Send me a forum msg if you want some PL buffs.
  15. monkypowah Elder

Well, Coirnav got off to a real bad start when mabbu decided it was his new server to do his "recruit a big guild and have them grow him a kronos-farm them RMT it all in the background" antics on after being banned on agnarr. I know countless people who have given up on Coirnav completely because of it. He has essentially tainted and ruined the server. DBG must not care about the general playerbase I am not sure? I myself happily left Coirnav to play again on Phinny and a little on Agnarr. I left Coirnav for other reasons (LFG for hours on end) not related to mabbu or his silly guild. It doesnt help a server reputation when it was the newest shiniest one looking for good footing only to have one person ruin it for all.
  16. Zansobar Augur

The problem is games are far too cheap on a monthly subscription price level. You put "the expensiveness" of Kronos in terms of how many months of game time you could get. Instead look at it from another perspective, because game time is far too cheap at $14.99 / Mo (that is around what it was back when EQ launched in 1999) (I think it was $12.99 / MO then). Instead what other entertainment can you get for the price of a Krono or Kronos...? Entertainment options are generally substitutes, so compare the price between those options. For example, I can go to a dinner and movie for two and easily pay $100 if not more without even going to a fancy restaurant. And that buys me around 3 hours of entertainment. Now look at how much Krono you can get, or game time, for that.
  17. taliefer Augur

i really dont get the hate people have for krono. just look at it as an ever appreciating form of in game currency. convert your plat to krono and buy items with that. and if you ever need hard plat, you can always sell a krono a week later for more than you bought it for.
  18. Phiyre Augur

Here's the way I see it. If you didn't have krono, a good item on a new server would sell for much less. With krono, some item that would have been so many thousand pp in classic is 3-5 krono which is asinine. It's now pull out your wallet and spend real $$$ if you want any decent drops. Many key targets are locked down by boxers looking to make rl $/krono rather than guilds doing it gear toons. I could be wrong but that is my hunch.
    I don't understand an item being sold for 6-8 krono. That's a lot of game time for one item. I feel if the krono weren't an option, more camps would open up. Maybe not though.
  19. RandomStrategy Augur

Uhh...dude...do you not remember the early days of eBay and the game articles online about the implications of whether or not virtual items are allowed to be sold on eBay? Krono is just a placeholder for a set amount of plat, or a value of real life currency vs virtual currency. It's the oldest argument I've ever seen, and it still doesn't hold up. If someone is going to sell it for krono, and they remove krono right now this instant....they'd be selling it for paypal transactions. End of story.
  20. Fumi-chan Augur

I'll never understand the complaints about krono. If krono didn't exist, these transactions would be done thru paypal, ebay and other third party sites. Krono simply puts the power of RMT in DBG's hands while making them money at the same time.

Be grateful we can still get our nostalgic fix in 2018. This game would literally not exist without Krono.