prepay - 1 year

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Taetew, May 14, 2018.

1. Taetew Lorekeeper

I was wondering, if i prepay for 1 year (so i can get 9.99 a month), I was wondering would i get all the DB coins (6,000) at once? or would I only get 500 each day of the month on the day that i signed up?
  2. Tiggold Augur

Every month.
  3. Taetew Lorekeeper

darn :(, so I'd have to wait 7 months to get a heroic character... stinky, also I have 6 years and 290ish days on my account, would it give me 7 years instantly so i can claim the 7th year vet thing?
  4. Warpeace Augur

5. slayerofbats Augur

Don't accounts that old get a free heroic?
  6. Taetew Lorekeeper

That would be nice, but I didnt see that anywhere. People in the guild said i should have a free 85 heroic and a mount on my claims list however I dont have those either so i did some research and it looks like a certain time slot is when the free 85 heroic was offered and you had to log in during that time slot. Last time (prior to me recently) I loaded EQ was 19+ years ago. LOL
  7. bigpapa Augur

when I started to play EQ in 1999 I was paying for a 2 years, sub.s then 1 years for several years.

**** on my entitled time played ( /played ) I am close to 23 years . ..

so can't say if it instantly add years or not , or if they changed that , i can't remember what it gave me 19 years ago,
  8. Nekk Augur

If you have some extra cash and really want a heroic toon that bad, you can just buy it. It costs $35 in the marketplace iirc.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Don't forget you still have to log in each month and claim the DB cash. Or it will just poof. Its a reward for playing each month - not just for paying.

However the vet rewards are for just paying. At the end of the paid year you are granted the vet reward next in line based on how many total years paid (entitled) I returned after a few years away where I did not pay while I was gone and although I have over 14 years on the account (according to birthdate) I do not have all 14 vet rewards since I did not pay all 14 years. I did not have to log in to earn those - I just had to pay/subscribe which I had not. So I show 19 years but only 12 years entitled. /played in the chat bar will show you this and if you look under your AA there is a special tab that show veterans rewards.
  10. Taetew Lorekeeper

Is there anything special you have to do to get the coins? ie log in click some small button that says give me freebies or a /claimsomething command. Yeah im close to 7 years when i do the /played command so i'm guessing it would go to 7 years in about 4 or 5 months
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Next time you log in look for the DB button in gold on your main screen. Its in a box with the EQ button. These two cannot be removed from your screen but if you don't see them they may be cover with another window - like chat or something.

When you click the DB it takes you to the DB store screen. In upper left corner you will see "ALL ACCESS' - if you are - and right under that it says "CLAIM" and the 500 reward. You cannot claim unless the claim button is lit up. Under this in small print is the next time you can claim again which is also your bill date if you need to know that.
    Taetew likes this.
  12. Quatr Augur

Free heroic characters have been awarded at least twice. That's how I got my freebie heroics. Both times I had to log in during a certain time window.
  13. moogs Augur

You can also access the 500 DBC reward by typing /market and finding the Claim Reward button at the top left. There is a timer that will tell you when it will refresh next.
  14. Filter Augur

Quatr is correct, they did give a Heroic character twice. I have two Heroic characters now sitting on the shelf waiting for me to be bored.
    Quatr likes this.
  15. Aurastrider Augur

The first free HC was given out when they first introduced them. The second was during last years anniversary. Both required you to log in to claim. There was also some restrictions or at least for the first one in terms of account age for being eligible to claim one. The first one you could only delete during the trial period and remake another HC while the one from the anniversary event can still be deleted and remade. If there was another free one I don't recall there being one.
    Quatr and Gialana like this.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You were a guide for some part of that time. Unless you purposefully bought 4 years worth of game time above and beyond what you needed at some point between the 5th anniversary and the 10th or 11th anniversary whenever it was that they nerfed buying extra subs to get Vet rewards. But even then why would you have bought 3 more years than would have ever benefitted you?

One of your two HCs was from buying the Collector's edition of an expansion; not from the original freebies. The first freebie HC could only be created/upgraded during the original promotional period, after the freebie was removed if it had not been created or applied to an existing character. The second freebie was part of the 17th (or was it 18th?) Anniversary, and you had to log into your account before the end of March that year. As I mentioned though, there were some given out as enticements to get Collector's edition of the expansion in the year or two after HCs came out.
  17. bigpapa Augur

bah, ,,,,,,,,,in fact it is 20 years and 299 days :confused: ... not 22 +. my bad.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  18. svann Augur

Id wait till after June 6th.
    Quatr likes this.