Well Crap last day of Anniversary event...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by flash000, May 10, 2018.

1. flash000 Augur

Wish they would extend it to June 1st oh well next year for the stuff i missed....
    Had alot of issues logging in a few times when i had time to play...

Anyone else in same boat?
  2. Yimin Augur

Only thing I did this year was get a stein for my Alt Bard , I have been slacking lately but I look forward to next year :)

YiMin
  3. EnchFWO Augur

What exactly did you miss? Through the whole anniversary this year there was minimal downtime - yes, there was the one day that it was almost completely down, but it was there all the other weeks?

I get frustrated myself every year about anniversary content because I'll start off strong and then kindof get 'meh' for my boxes... then on the last day I beat myself up. Then once its over I remember 90% of it did not matter in the first place.

For the past few years there is really only 1 - 2 'critical' items (at best) to complete for the anniversary. This year the aug and trophy were definitely worth doing and if you are a TS person then probably the fishing pole (which is tradeable)...

So sure... it'd be nice to have the content available all year but that would kindof defeat the purpose of the actual celebration of EQ's anniversary.
    eqgamer likes this.
  4. flash000 Augur

I had a co worker quit and got hammered doing overtime + single dad = less EQ time it so happens the days that i had time breath and no distractions i got the... you cannot connect to server message....

just my crap luck...
    EnchFWO likes this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Ended at least 20 mins early. (may have been a bit more - unsure) - at least according to the calendar, which says pacific time.
  6. Flatchy Court Jester

I suprised myself and got about 4 items I have been putting off for years.
    eqgamer likes this.
  7. Moege Augur

Please no, I am sick of doing the 17th anniversary raid for minimal reward, augs are rotting, gear is useless. Doing it for the caster shield, only 1 dropped this anniversary and we were doing it whenever possible.
  8. Dreadmore Augur

My experience was like a tragic comedy. Trying to get the Erilynne ornamentation for a warrior alt. Just ran into a lot of bad luck and it took me several attempts to finally beat Mayong on Monday.

All excited, I log off my main, log onto my alt, run into the Tower instance, go up to the mirror on the first floor...... it's not porting me up. I can't click up. What?? Everyone else in my group was able to click up before. Now no one can click up. Are they locked? Or were they all just carried through my main being keyed?

No way I was going to get the alt keyed before the loot rots. Fine, no problem, I did it twice, I'll just wait for the lockout to expire and kill Mayong again. For it to expire in 4.5 days.

Anniversary events ended in four days.
  9. Thunderkiks Augur

It actually ended at 11 PM Pacific. I had an alt just starting a quest when the NPC proofed. Thought I had an hour left, guess not.
  10. frankie78227 Augur

Its a shame they don't have a system, like the daily HAs, in place that randomly activates older anniversary tasks throughout the year. I think it would be a nice change for people. Would make it easier on alt-lovers who could leisurely complete the events on their toons.
  11. Geroblue Augur

I use it to get the free cookies and drink. And any characters that don't have a festive doll.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

You can get free drink/food in shards landing all year.
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=41367

Probably only worth it, if you can get there for free though. :p