Coirnav Kunark Tradeskills (Help request)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AlmarsGuides, May 7, 2018.

1. AlmarsGuides Augur

Hopefully someone out there would be willing to lend me a hand, I'd like to create Kunark Tradeskill guides but I can't really find many different recipes that were added into the game during this expansion that make raising Tradeskills easier. I've found recipes that were added during Kunark but they're usually not worth spam creating them to raise your skill.

I know of Nodding Blue Lillies for Alchemy which I added... but that's like about it =(. Velious adds a butt load of new recipes (over 100 for each Tradeskill almost) and I have already added them all to my website:

Arctic Wyvern Hide Gear (12 Recipes)
    Black Panther Skin Gear (12 Recipes)
    Haze Panther Skin Gear (12 Recipes)
    Holgresh Fur Gear (3 Recipes)
    Ice Silk Gear (12 Recipes)
    Othmir Fur Gear (3 Recipes)
    Tigeraptor Gear (12 Recipes)
    Velium Hound Fur Gear (3 Recipes)
    Cobalt Drake Hide Gear (12 Recipes)

I would like to do something similar for Kunark but I need someone who knows the ins and outs of this expansion to point me in the right direction. Just give me the name of an item and I can do all the research myself!
  2. AlmarsGuides Augur

I'm going to assume that since people usually offer me some direction when writing guides - since no one has spoken up now, it's likely no new recipes were added in during the Kunark expansion that are worth doing to raise Tradeskills.

I've honestly spent like a week running around Kunark hunting mobs looking for TS items to document. I've found Sabertooth hides but they're used for cultural recipes. Old Seb only drops Nodding Blue Lillies for Tradeskills, Chardok doesn't drop any TS mats, Burning Woods drop a few things here and there but nothing actually worth grinding to raise your Tradeskills... Droga/Nurga the goblins don't drop anything and the list goes on.

The best luck I have had finding items that are used in Tradeskills throughout Kunark are the Drachnid Spiders, their silk and The Overthere. The enemies there, Cockatrices and Cacti drop some items but nothing that is worth actually grinding out skill ups on.

I guess it makes sense, since Velious adds in over 100+ recipes there aren't any to be found in Kunark.... I still have this lingering annoying feeling that I am missing something though.
  3. Random newb Augur

4. AlmarsGuides Augur

Thanks! on the upside I knew nothing about this recipe - the downside is I don't think it's a path worth taking compared to what's already a part of the game, as you suggested.

It seems that Verant didn't add much into the game Tradeskill wise in Kunark then they went overboard for Velious. Velious took me a solid week and a half to document all the recipes and I am still not done.

If anyone else thinks of anything please feel free to let me know... Otherwise I am going to just assume that Kunark didn't add in much new stuff in terms of Tradeskills.
  5. Catashe Augur

Yea pretty much nothing Tailoring wise was added during Kunark it wasn't til Wu's was added and I think that was still Velious(not the gauntlets the rest of it). Smithing wise there was the cultural stuff but the enchanted stuff is flagged Velious even though it was added in Kunark(back in the day it had a gem component to the enchant spells). I think Baking/Brewing didn't get their added stuff til Luclin(although at last check they are able to be made in Classic unless they changed it)
  6. Kahna Augur

If you are making this for the Progression servers you should take out the nodding blue lily stuff. Those make distillates which have been expansion gated to Luclin.
  7. AlmarsGuides Augur

Was this a recent change? Because I remember people making the Nodding Blue Recipes on Lockjaw during Kunark
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Yes. I think it was in the last patch.
  9. Kahna Augur

From the Apr 18 Patch notes.
    - Fixed an issue where tradeskill recipes for Distillates and Golden Idols were being allowed before their intended expansions unlocked. These are now properly restricted.

Prolly want to remove all the distillates and Golden idols from your guides.
  10. Varu Journeyman

Mind Melt for 275+ Poison Making. I'm not sure what expansion the combine is set to but the items are all in during Kunark I think.

It's not Kunark but another item you could add for 275+ Poison Making is Bite of the Shissar for PoP+. This route is more expensive than Mind Melt but quicker if you do the Tainted Planar Essence combine.
    AlmarsGuides likes this.
  11. AlmarsGuides Augur

Guess I will do this today and tomorrow. Grr argh more work for me.

Thanks for letting me know though! I try to fix any inaccuracies in my work asap
  12. Catashe Augur

Oh and I know this don't have anything to do with Kunark but you might wanna looking into doing Patty Melts in your baking guides after Luclin(jaggedpine forest opens) 141-191 instead of the pasta thing(waste of good eggs) easy to make all ingredents minus the nonstick frying pan are all on vendors(Lion Meat)..
  13. AlmarsGuides Augur

Thanks for the tip! I am always looking for new routes for Tradeskills! =)

I already have a page dedicated to making a Non-Stick Frying pan so adding recipes that use it should be trivial.

This thread is bookmarked for me since I need to go back and change the Golden Idols for Pottery as well as the Nodding Blue Lillies for Alchemy. It may take longer than I originally thought to update those guides since I haven't had as much free time as I thought I would this last weekend... My hope is to get the updates in before the end of the week now. I may add your recommendation by then too