kunark zems adjusted

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by taliefer, May 9, 2018.

1. MaxTheLion Augur

I'm not sure where the confusion came from but I'll chalk it up to another person not being able to read or comprehend what they read. Here's my original post and if you can identify where I stated Coirnav or any server for that matter, I'll know how to fix the issue for next time.

"As a longtime player, I have always enjoyed having alts for different occasions. However, since the original change to ZEM classic zones, I find the task of leveling them more frustrating than enjoyable so I have stopped. With my main character being capped in AA, BiS in current era and with most hunter achievements done, I don't find myself doing much except spending less time on EQ. I recently cancelled the recurring subscription on 4 of my 5 accounts with the news of these changes also being implemented to Kunark as I expect it will continue to be a common trend going forward. You are absolutely correct in assuming people may simply say screw this."
  2. Extremeties New Member

Would be nice to see any sort of xp boost in general - I hate seeing people leave Coirnav all because of the xp rate on it.

That said, Karnor's should be a good place to xp, it was one of the more popular places back in the day for groups, aside from Sebilis. Why penalize people for hunting in dungeons? Make all dungeons equivalent xp, give people MORE options, more variety as to where they can go. I don't understand why devs streamline areas funneling players through specific areas.
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

DBG: We've set Coirnav's exp rate very low
    Coirnav Players: This is fine

DBG: We've tweaked ZEMs slightly in Classic and Kunark
    Coirnav Players: OMG, THIS IS RUINING EVERYTHING!!1!

If they boosted the base exp by 25% to 50% nobody would even care about this issue.
    snailish likes this.
  4. Kalairo New Member

it's the same old story = people get in a kerfuffle because of xyz. just play the game on whatever server or dont.
    zem change discussion = mountain out of a mole hill.
  5. Extremeties New Member

Would be beneficial to the server if they did increase overall xp.... Less people would leave it which would result in a healthier population which in return would make more $$$ for them.
  6. taliefer Augur

adjusted to be more accurate
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Canadian... spotted!
  8. Kalairo New Member

close - texan
  9. Fumi-chan Augur

Ah yes, the Albertans of the south.
  10. snailish Augur

Respawn rate of the "usual path" is super-high due to picks. So we have a large (not as large as it was before some of the limits put on picks spawning/holding) flood of certain gear in the progression economy.

Agents of Change does it a bit too, mostly because of the raid loot that is tradeable. This is far less of a factor in quantity but does account for some key items.

To me, this is a challenge/replayability thing for progression.

I'd love to see all raid loot made nodrop. I think that anything that is a 10-best in slot item for its era in group content drops should be nodrop as well (if it is easier to just flag all gear nodrop do it --makes the free trade loot ruleset really hold appeal next time it is offered too). I think all tradeskill made gear should be attunable.

This would normalize the economy a bit, and aside from a few very choice loots-rights locations allow for more spread out gear hunting. Plus it makes it all harder for the majority, which is needed with the power increases and player knowledge hitting progression content nowadays.

Fix the loot imbalance (above) and then you can get to the nuts and bolts of zone experience. Most dungeons you have a good loot or even quest reason to do, and they often have mob density. I think the case is strong for flatlined ZEM for the entire progression game pre-GoD.

Then see how people play. If literally no one levels in Lake Rathe ever... put it 10% above the ZEM flatline, announce the change and observe.

Lastly, the idea that progression players want a slow or "classic" XP rate isn't something that should be held as an unmovable ruleset. It's just as likely that Coirnav with live XP rate (or higher) would be as or more popular...
    Sultan likes this.
  11. splitpaw New Member

Some dev comes in and hands me more experience points... I threw em on the ground! Man.... I'm not a part of your system! I'm an adult!

Niskin and Machentoo like this.
  12. Fumi-chan Augur

Right, because increased ZEM on zones nobody goes to is totally going to make everyone come out of the woodworks to level there. It totally wasn't the lack of mobs, loot or poor respawn that was keeping people away.

DBG will do whatever they want, most of us have made our points so there's no real reason to continue this thread. All we can do is hope our favorite zones aren't nerfed and if they are, well it just means we're going to be leveling with a slower XP rate. *shrug* I sure as hell won't be leveling anywhere except seb/chardok.
  13. Febb Augur

My dads not a cell phone.....duh!
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

Real close!
  15. Dreven Lorekeeper

On the one hand I'm glad DBG is looking at ways to increase variety of zones people experience, because zone variety and the sheer amount of content available is the DNA of Everquest, where it is shrunk down by the community to a limited path such as BB, UR, LGUK, HOLE and you are 50.

On the other hand, places and mobs that apparently offered MORE experience points is also a defining feature of Everquest, so I do not agree with flatting it out across all zones and make it all grey either. It's ironic really, the XP grind being MUCH MORE slower back in the day made people to seek other zone for sake of variety, these days it's just goes so fast really.

I think the community needs to adjust itself a little, yes do accept that invitation to come down to Kedge Keep instead of your 32th grinding session in the hole and ding 50 realizing you just saw or re-lived but a fraction of what the game has to offer this era pre-50. My heart bleeds often when I see Karana has zero players ;(
  16. That One Guy Augur

Why do I have a feeling that their way of balancing exp is lowering the exp rate on every 45+ zone and increasing exp rates on some lower level zones?

-Seb
    -Howling Stones
    -Chardok

+Droga
    +LOIO
    +Warslik Woods
  17. Grish Augur

If they want to have people spread out to different zone to level, the basic solution is to spread out the good drops to more than just a couple zones. It's not complicated at all.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

It's not complicated in terms of theory. Moving items and/or mobs from one zone to another from a code and game design perspective? It probably is complicated.
  19. nazgull2k1 Elder

All they did was destroy the xp rates in Kurn's, Dalnir, CoM and Seb. That's where Im placing my plat bet. They want more people in Kaesora! Kaesora people! It's their favorite zone! It's part of their new marketing push... "Kaesora for Krono!" .. I swear it's true, I saw it on Facebook!
  20. discordkitty Augur

He also has sole control of the Coirnav subreddit and moderates it to remove anything he doesn't like or anything bad about what he or his guild are doing.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.