Unexpected Consequence of the April 2018 Patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Grove, May 9, 2018.

1. Grove Augur

“- Crestra's Earring combines now require a minimum skill. For fishing this is 200. For the easy 202 trivial combines, the minimum skill is 202, for the rest of the combines the minimum skill is 300.”

Before the patch I had created all the components for Crestra’s number one task. For the research piece I was successful with a skill of 272. I had them set aside in inventory while I worked on jewelry skill for the final combine and other skills. Now that my jewelry skill is higher I felt bold enough to try. In surveying the components, I found that the research component is MISSING. Two methods of search confirm it is absent. But the task progress report gives me the go-ahead for the combine. I conclude that the completed piece was deliberately removed for non-compliance with skill of 300.
  2. fransisco Augur

Wasn't this discussed a month or two ago?

On a side note for fishing skill - there is an anniversary quest to get a +8% fishing pole that can be done in like 20 minutes. Everyone should get it (And never fish with it so it doesn't break).
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. svann Augur

I suspect you have jumped to a conclusion that is not true. Many many people bought those combines before the change just because they knew it was coming, and you are the only one saying it disappeared.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Nope.
    The system doesn't work that way, and I didn't ask DB-Ops to remove anything to do with Crestra from anyone.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. -----Cinexa----- Elder

Hi Ngreth....I'd just like to have my box checked off in achievements - I have done *all* the steps but we finished it when it was a new quest and had a couple hitches & glitches......I was able to do the combine with the raid diamond at the end without turning in the earring before that because you had nothing that said the combine could not be done.

Now, having completed every step of the quest - I cannot hand the earring in and get credit for finishing the long process of quests, kills, dying and all the rest, You've known about this since ...December? January ....um a long time ago since our group was in the first waves of completions so I know there's more of us out here who cannot get their box checked off.....help please.
  6. Thunderkiks Augur

Have you tried to petition?
  7. Horyuken Augur

I was hoping they would make either version raid/group update the final step.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

If I add the raid earring to the final step, which I can do, it will return the group earring.
  9. -----Cinexa----- Elder

Can we just allow someone to check the box? I can provide full logs on my combine etc.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

You can attempt to point CS to this post. But past that, I do not control CS.

As far as I am concerned, as the Designer of the Quest...
    If you have the raid earring (Crestra's Empowered Elegant Earring) And have completed all but the last element (12th element in "human" speak, 11th element in computer speak) CS should update that element for you.
  11. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Put in a petition if you haven't already. I had the same problem, I made the raid version before handing in the group version the final time. It took a couple days, but the GM did check off that last box for me.
  12. -----Cinexa----- Elder

All set - thank you Ngreth (and Sokki <3)