Can't get people to player old monster missions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Everquest Player, May 6, 2018.

1. Everquest Player New Member

Nobody wants to do the old monster missions like the Fairy one or the Freeport Pirate. Could the AAs or rewards be improved to motivate people to do these?
  2. Kolani Augur

Tell them they get to go to old Freeport. As big as the nostalgiawank seems to be for it, you should have lines around PoK for a group.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Koryu like this.
  3. Imak Augur

I detest monster missions, always have. I dislike plying a character that is not my character. That being said, couple weeks ago we got a group together to do the Sepulcher monster mission wherein you can choose from the Pantheon gods as the monster templates. That monster mission is actually quite fun.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There are a few that are fun.
    3 Kunark ones are an interesting story
    Braaains - we couldn't stop laughing
    There is one where you play dragons - nothing like running round as a dragon

Is there a list anywhere of all the monster missions? Would be nice to take a look and see if there are any other fun ones I've missed.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Fooba Augur

The last thing I need to finish Hero’s Journey is The Defense of Thurgadin which is a monster mission which I will likely never finish.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I respectfully and wholeheartedly disagree, sir.
    Felicite and Aurastrider like this.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

This is one of those ideas that I am glad they did not continue with. Having to play a class that is maybe not even your primary class with limited abilities to finish progression just seems a little wonky. The only time I have done these is when progression or an item I needed was involved. Once I got the item or checked the mission off my list the thought of ever doing it again just for kicks and giggles never crossed my mind. Usually the first thought was "I am glad that is over with" which is the opposite of what I consider fun game play. I want to finish a mission and think to myself "I cant wait until the lockout timer is over so I can do that again".
  8. segap Augur

I hate monster missions. Having to pick some class, then figure out how to be useful with the limited set of spells/abilities, then having to setup spellbars/hotbars. And when you're done, it's likely you're just going to ditch the UI setup and forget about what you just learned. They're too much hassle to bother with.
    moogs likes this.
  9. Kolani Augur

There's an NPC over by the Halas stone in PoK that has a list of all the monster missions and will guide you to them.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

"Fall of an Empire" (The play as a dragon Monster Mission raid), IS pretty cool. Until you get to the end and find out that the final bosses are horrible mistuned.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I won't say I detest monster missions but I do agree I prefer to play my own character not some monster.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

13. Bigstomp Augur

I think they were ok as a diversion. The braaaains one was funny. (the first time or two).

The problem was the xp was too good. And the bigger problem is they then started making them part of progression.
    I signed up to play my class with all the buttons my gear and progression have earned me.
    I didn't sign up to play some random shadow of my class where I have to create special hotkeys just to use a small subset of what I can do.

If I really don't want to use the character I built up, I can just go silver and try playing without gear.
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Agreed on the diversion, Shrouds were the same way. Something fun to goof around with when you weren't working on harder things. Monster Missions just took the Shrouds and gave them something specific to do, in an instance. It's a cool evolution of the system, but still just something to goof around with.
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You could add whatever you want to them, I'd still only do them once. MM's are terrible.
  16. Snack Augur

I just about fell out when we did Braaaaaiiiiins long ago. Best monster mission ever.

The Dain MMs were cool for whatever we ended up with at the end...was it an aug?
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  17. Laronk Augur

People don't like not getting to play their character.

That being said Share your server and maybe someone here will help you out. I play FV and Test but currently, I'm living on test so if you're on test we can schedule some time and I'll help out.

Other options are some of these can be boxed, usually monster missions are not that hard.