Test Update 05/08/2018 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 8, 2018.

1. EQ Dev Developer

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread.

Patch notes and discussions thread
  2. Letireur New Member

I cannot connect to the test server comes up with a UI error :

UIErrorLog created at Tue May 08 18:09:06 2018
    [Tue May 08 18:09:06 2018] Warning: file EQUI_FeedbackWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\Default\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
    [Tue May 08 18:09:06 2018] Couldn't open or read UIFiles\Default\EQUI_FeedbackWnd.xml
    [Tue May 08 18:09:06 2018] Error reading XML.
    [Tue May 08 18:09:06 2018] Error reading XML.

I always used the default UI.
  3. EQ Dev Developer

Yep, we're looking in to this.
  4. svann Augur

Oh thats a cute one. It seems that file is no longer used so the patcher deleted it, but something is still looking for it.
  5. EQ Dev Developer

We've found the problem and we're working on updating the file, but as a temporary workaround you can open up EQUI.xml and delete the following line:

Code:
    <Include>EQUI_FeedbackWnd.xml</Include>
  6. Letireur New Member

Thanks , trying this out
  7. Just_Another_SK Elder

Did this opened the file with notepad deleted the line and saved and I'm still getting the error
  8. Letireur New Member

Still the exact same thing

UIErrorLog created at Tue May 08 18:29:55 2018
    [Tue May 08 18:29:55 2018] Warning: file EQUI_FeedbackWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\Default\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
    [Tue May 08 18:29:55 2018] Couldn't open or read UIFiles\Default\EQUI_FeedbackWnd.xml
    [Tue May 08 18:29:55 2018] Error reading XML.
    [Tue May 08 18:29:55 2018] Error reading XML.

i did delete it but the game seems to want to load it still
  9. Letireur New Member

and i even deleted it in Visual studio ... same thing
  10. JFD9000 New Member

Does not fix the error.
  11. klanderso Developer

We've got a fix for the UI issue that's being built/deployed currently. In the meantime, if you remove the line and then run "eqgame.exe patchme", you should be able to get in. Logging in through the launchpad will just revert the change you made and result in sadness.
  12. Letireur New Member

even tho im passing by the patchme , still does the exact same thing.
  13. klanderso Developer

The fix is out, should be good to go now, just repatch through the launcher :)
  14. Letireur New Member

thank you for the support, it is working for me =)
  15. Dexar Elder

- Druid - Form of the Great Wolf and Share Form of the Great Wolf will now add stats as a separate buff.

This doesn't work on group mates when casting Share Form of the Great Wolf. The casting Druid gets 2 buffs (Illusion & Buffs), but group members get 1 buff (Illusion)
  16. Draxton New Member

While attacking, the battle music does not play unless I go into my inventory and open a bag.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Mr. Froo Developer

Looked into this and have fixed it internally. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
  18. mmats Augur

About 50% of the time when spawning a new instance of standard guildhall from the guildlobby, the character will freeze for 2 minutes and then go linkdead (even though the instance does spawn). Never have an issue when zoning into an already spawned instance of guildhall.

Bugged this many times now. Please fix.
  19. mmats Augur

When giving pets equipment they always say "I have no need for this. You can have it back", but they dont actually give it back unless they already have something equal or better than the item being given. It seems this is just a dialogue issue, as pets do appear to equip or return the items when appropriate.
  20. EnchFWO Augur

The achievement 'Conqueror of The Western Wastes' seems like it is unable to be completed currently - one of the supposed to be low-respawn time nest dragons, Neordla, does not appear to repop or even spawn at all (I can't confirm which because I was not there on server up). After camping this over a week and never seeing it spawn seems strange (and by camping I mean sitting in zone 24/7 checking track constantly; I don't think its a "you just missed the spawn" issue). I don't know if this is new but at least since the last patch. If it is server specific then this was observed on Bristlebane. I can testcopy my tracker and check there as well.