new chanter nerfs

Discussion in 'Casters' started by fransisco, Apr 11, 2018.

1. High Voltage Augur

Why would we not want to show how necros disguise a good chunk of their dps? Esp as it seems some of them are routing for more enc nerfs?
  2. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Damn meddlesome kids pointing out my no mana cost 30,000 dps group spell if a mob lives 24 seconds.

Anyone else who had a 30,000 base dot, never mind that in dps, that in some cases cost 20,000 mana to cast, never mind mana free, had it taken away.

But yes its people singling out enchanters so lash out in response.
  3. fransisco Augur

I wasn't thinking for this post. I Was just having thoughts on how to parse the data in general. Its a solvable puzzle.
  4. menown Augur

After further testing, it seems you only get the log message when the aura lands. However, I have noticed that you have to be in close proximity to the NPC getting hit by the aura to see the message. The distance is about equal to the radius of the Aura for seeing the log message.
    mmats likes this.
  5. mmats Augur

Youre talking about dot duration and dot damage? They have those foci
  6. seber Augur

Chanters don't even have a dot focus on their armor that cuz they are not a dot class
  7. EnchFWO Augur

That's not correct... we have Chromatic and Magic foci on our wrist and helm respectively for damage. Detrimental extension and preservation on the shared slots with other classes too.

We don't have as many DOT-related AAs or 'special' focus effects (a la Necro epic).

I just look forward to the day when Enchanter DOTs get nerfed like the Necros want and yet they still have no DOT revamp for their class and we still beat them on the parse. Bitter irony is sweet. The class is so quiet to keep any data/parses under wraps but as soon as anything else comes to light they don't like they bring the torches to the forums. :rolleyes:

PS. If you guys didn't read the thread title this was about Enchanters, not Necros. Please start your own 30-page whine about it (and still not be fixed because you did this at least 2 times before with no results the past 2 years!).
  8. Brohg Augur

Y'all realize this game is EverQuest, right? PvE. Your opponents' champs don't have OP ults or whatever. Additionally, you are not your class; you are a player, you cooperate - not compete - with other players to defeat world content. There's no part of nerfing any class that makes you better, ever, and you dealing more damage because the numbers attached to your class' abilities are higher doesn't "own" another player. Like five of y'all need to take a step back. Maybe play some alts or something, fight for a bit of perspective on the game wider than your own UI.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  9. Siddar Augur

I don't want enchanters nerfed. I see them being nerfed though.
    fransisco likes this.
  10. fransisco Augur

almost every patch for like 2 years now.

Aye, I was unclear when I said no dot focus, I meant extension and such. They have the standard damage focus.

And really, why the chanter hate to begin with? Because they have higher base damage dots? Who cares. Rangers have higher base damage dots too, as do beastlords, shamans, and druids. Even bards?

Paladins have one of the highest base damage nukes in the game (their undead AA nuke), yet wizards are not whining about it.

If necros are never out parsing chanters, its the problem with the player or a poor event for necros, not a problem with the classes.
  11. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

I think you log into a enchanter character but that you don't know how to actually play one.

Enchanters get the same extension for dots from focus everyone else can have.

Enchanters can hit 800k dps for 60 seconds or less in raids.

Enchanters can hit 300K dps for over 15 minutes in raids.

Enchanters can hit 180k dps indefinitely in a group setting.

Enchanters pets can do just about anything if not more than the three main pet classes.

Enchanters can still do all those enchanter enchanting things like buff, debuff, adps, mezz, charm, CC, etc.

Stop whining like any of that is likely to change outside of your dot dps being reeled in some but that still would allow for the above to continue on. And note I said can not that everyone knows how and does that despite it being there. Do yourself and your class a favor and just keep quiet.
  12. seber Augur

the ranger just as much of dot class as enc or bst your not dot class lets talk 30mint fight ????
  13. EnchFWO Augur

Rejoice! We escaped whatever random or anticipated nerfs for a month given the new Test patch notes.

I was going to ask where you pulled those numbers from but that would just be... unproductive. The only thing I am actually curious about is the 'pet' comment. I just got Rk 3 ROS pet so I haven't even had time to bother with it yet but... yeah... is this seriously a thing you tested or have knowledge of or? In recent times our pets have been better for sure - and the pet buff if definitely a nice touch even with its flaws- but I haven't heard of Ench pets being amazing over other classes. I just went through some raid events with my pet and it fell over easily compared to Mages (I'm in the Mage group on raids so I could monitor it relative to them). ***I'll disclaim that obviously with Mages that have 999 more pet survival tools and I'm a n00b at Bob in most current content... could just be me :confused:
  14. seber Augur

well from neco none burns rog is do high hit for 13700 so and BS for over 120k is enc pet do more that ????
  15. High Voltage Augur

How comes everyone that sucks in playing his own class is picking on enchanters in return?
  16. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

I think you are getting confused about whats been going on. There are at least 2 enchanters who suck at playing their class who can't help but share their opinions on matters they clearly don't understand. And after 2 years of frustration with the dot revamps people are going to lash out and call out stupid and someone being hypocritical. The funny part is they keep popping their heads up hurting themselves and their class because they just can't stop.

TL;DR Don't start none and there won't be none.

And in case the two enchanters who can't keep posting wasn't clear enough. Here is what I could find from the last few days in 5 minutes.

Played an enchanter lately as they check each one of those boxes?

People wanting balanced dots for all is not a bad thing despite you guys taking it as an attack on your class. If anything is disguised its that some of you nuts are trying to justify a 30k dps dot that has no recast restrictions and costs zero mana if it can run 24 seconds on a mob. Them fixing your dot so its not mana free and doesn't do that level of damage in a single class is called balance. They could leave you doing the same relative damage just not from a single cast if they bumped your lower dots up some.

Top ten happens all the time.

Its already been shown to him like three times that enchanters get the same extention focus from gear, same damage focus from gear, same dot haste from gear, same mana prez from gear as everyone else. He still continues on about it, couldnt find it fast enough this morning to link his nonsense from yesterday. He ignores Illusions of grandeur and twincast aura. The size of your dot comes into play when its so high base damage wise that it offsets critical rates and other dot mods to the point that it takes 3-10 casts of necro dots to catch up to that one dot depending on the scenario and tools used.

Couldn't find it but Fransisco also had the gem about root rotting mobs making necros overpowered and undeserving of a dot revamp. Thats really really funny when as was pointed out enchanters can spam a 30k dps dot thats mana free on as many mobs as you can root at once. 3 mobs at once would be a very low choice.

I would suggest the 2 above and probably a few others who clearly don't understand their own class just stop posting on matters so the backlash doesn't come at them or their class.

mmats likes this.
  17. fransisco Augur

There is twisting words, then there is making Trump blush with how freely you just lie, following it up by threatening anyone who disagrees with you.
  18. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Show me one false statement I made?
  19. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Will just leave this here, you can thank your loud mouth forum chanters.

[57284/6730] Mind Tempest Rk. II
    Classes: ENC/110
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 10771
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Lowest -30
    Reflectable: Yes
    Trigger Spell DS: Yes
    Stacking: Mind Shatter 24
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 30s+ (5 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    Hate Mod: -28938
    2: Decrease Current Mana by 5206 per tick
    4: Decrease Current HP by 45217 per tick
    5: Return 5.8% of Damage as Mana, Max Per Hit: 2623

16% base mod increase from focus AA.
    67% focus mod on average from group focus.
    20% mana preservation. I believe this is much higher and its random but lets low ball it, this comes from spell casting mastery, specialization skills, possible specialization aug, tribute and or worn mana preservation.
    34% passive dot critical rate. 33 from AA 1 from DoN.
    475% passive critical mod, 375% from AA plus 100% base.
    10% passive twincast rate from aura.
    We are going to ignore slot 3 augs, aura of the nimbus type deals and possible familiar bonuses.

Base mana cost per cast 8617 (10771 x .2).
    Base damage per tic is 52,451 (45217 x 1.16)
    Base damage group focused is 87,593 (52451 x 1.67).
    Base damage critical hit group focused 416,066 (87593 x 4.75).
    Average weighted base damage per tic for critical rate 197,521 ((87593 x .64) + (416,066 x .34)).
    Average weighted base damage per tic for critical rate and twincast 217,272 ((197521 x .9) + ((197521 x 2) x .1)).
    Average weighted DPS 36,212 (217272 / 6).
    5.8% of damage returned as mana per tic, capped at 2623 is 2623 (217,272 / .058) but capped.

So for 8617 mana per cast your dot on average does 36,212 dps (217,272 damage per tic) at rank 2 with group focus. At the capped mana return rate in just 20 seconds on a mob your dot became free to cast (8617 / 2623 = 3.29 tics). Post 20 seconds and it continues to do its 36,212 dps and then acts as a mana return tool at 2623 mana per tic restored. Yep that sounds balanced.
    mmats likes this.
  20. menown Augur

As much comical relief as your posts have been, I would like to give you advice. Don't fight this issue or enchanters will be exposed. They have been hidden gems for quite a while now. Data can be posted to prove all of this, unlike your dataless opinion posts that you have been doing daily in every topic on these boards.

Just let the argument fade away instead of constantly bringing it back up to the top of the class thread.
    Fohpo, mmats and gotwar like this.