Do characters get corrupted?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, May 4, 2018.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Had two people tell me in game that they had to restart characters because their toons got messed up and things like DPS or healing were far below what they should be. In one instance they said their attack skill went from 2300 to 800.

Is this a thing that happens? Never heard of anything like that before. Just curious and wondering if I should keep a closer eye on my stats. :)
  2. Khat_Nip Meow

Are they 100% certain they didn't drop from All Access?
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No drop from all access and two different people told me the same thing. Two people that group together and they both made new toons because they think their toons are corrupted. I have just never heard of this before. I could see a toon getting its data corrupted and not being able to load it but never heard of stats dropping. Just wondering if they are levelling new toons for nothing.
  4. AlmarsGuides Augur

If their toons got corrupted (not something that likely could happen) they could just submit a ticket to support and tell them about it and get it fixed easy peasy.

That said, I can't really imagine a way this can happen. I remember people in Diablo 2 asking others to "Hack" their characters. I even remember being "Hacked" in diablo 2 and my Necromancer had his HP lowered to 60 instead of the 600 that it was at. I had to start over because I was a young naive kid that had no clue how to fix it/wouldn't petition blizzard in fear of being banned.

Anyway, that's the only place I've ever heard of a character being "Corrupted" and it's been over a decade since.
  5. Leigo You come here often?

It is possible for character data to be get corrupted and however this usually results in a character being copied several hundreds of times since players don't get characters copied other than perhaps to test this would not likely happen
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I remember hearing years ago that someone char was bugged, but that was a warrior and it was bugged in a good way, ie more stats than he should have had. It doesn't surprise me that it can happen the other way.

He had petitioned and back then SOE could not fix him.
  7. hellohello123 Lorekeeper

I was 4 boxing once and one of the characters would not auto follow. He ran in circles every single time, no matter what I did. I could stand right in front of him, circles. I could stand far away, circles. And it wasn't an FPS issue because all the other characters followed well. I ended up deleting that character.
  8. Hellfyres Lorekeeper

I have a feeling something got borked recently with characters/account info.
    Thunderkiks likes this.