Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. moogs Augur

Allow Find Item to search account-wide.

I can do this by logging in every character and outputting the inventories to text files and searching them, but it would be nice to have this happen server side in real time.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  2. Chanteren Elder

I want wizards to be able to port entire group to SECONDARY and TERTIARY binds.
  3. Angahran Augur

Allow find to search all housing you have access to, e.g. guildhall, guildbank, anywhere you are co-owner, etc.
    Yinla and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. Schadenfreude Augur

/autofire on - Should turn autofire on if it's off and do nothing if it's already on.
    /autofire off - Should turn autofire off if it's on and do nothing if it's already off.

This is already the way /attack works. It should work the same way for /autofire.

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1489
  5. Mortium Elder

Direction to targeted mob on compass if in LOS
    fransisco, Brohg and High Voltage like this.
  6. Chanteren Elder

I would like COPY LAYOUT to include:
    Chat Window Filters

I have a box crew, and when I fix the UI for one that's just as I want it, I do a COPY LAYOUT for LOADOUTS only. BUT then I have to fix hotbar button size, and the Filters on every window for each of the group. It is time consuming and a pita.
    Jwiz
  7. Chanteren Elder

Oh! I forgot one I've wanted for years. I really want this one!

Allow Spell Book to be SORTED alpha, level or type (such as the lines which add similar spells per 5 levels or so).

This would make having the spell book worth having. You already do it by type in the right-click spell option, but it would be nice to have the book open to see (for instance) how much damage a spell line does at each level.
    Jwiz
    Daedly likes this.
  8. Greymantle Augur

Probably a nightmare to implement but her goes.

Mob's that have a weakness to a specific type of weapon. IE: Skeleton type mobs take more damage from blunt weapons, normal for slash, less for pierce.
    Would make having an assortment of types more worthwile and re-vitalize the bandolier, and make battles a bit more than hitting autoattack.

More mobs suceptible to headshot. If it looks huminoid or has a clearly defined head, we should be able to hit such. Giants come to mind for example.
  9. Brohg Augur

Do-able, easy, has BEEN done -- players ignored the snot out of that mechanic and just sucked on 2/3 of mobs for all the expansions it existed in (for reference:Gates, Omens, Seeds), without investigating why or caring to fix it.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  10. fransisco Augur

The concept also isn't implemented well in eq. It can take alot of commitment to get good weapons for your character. Different weapon weaknesses assume your character can easily access different weapon types. This suddenly requires a duel wielder to need 6 weapons instead of 2.
    Thats alot of camping/raid loot for people who don't live in the game.
  11. kizant Augur

I like trolling this thread an all but if anyone has any really good ideas just post it on the EQ JIRA. Then link to it here and we can all vote on it.
    menown likes this.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

13. kizant Augur

Yeah. JIRA is the name of the product they're using. You can create an Improvement issue under the EQ project and fill in all the details you want. Then after it's created there's a 'Vote for this Issue' link on the right when you view the issue details. Some people use it but not that many. Then if someone actually looks at it they usually change the status to 'moderator reviewed' or something like that. So you know it's not ignored.
    Jumbur likes this.
  14. Angahran Augur

Show MA, Raid Leader and marked NPCs on map.
    Add more map layers, 6 more would be great.

Add icon for 'Master Looter' in group window, I'm sure there is a money bag icon somewhere they can use.
  15. Jshaman New Member

This would be SO helpful for raids. You could bind, secondary bind and tertiary bind at the NPCs and take full groups to each. It would speed up raids considerably.
    Jwiz
    Jumbur and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  16. IblisTheMage Augur

Is this the Jira that the DB team actually use for all development (assuming different levels of visibility of issues)?
  17. kizant Augur

That I have no clue about. If I were them I'd have an internal version.. but I have heard that they never look at in-game /bug reports and they obviously don't read every post on the forum. That public JIRA seems like the best option.
  18. Sancus Augur

Edit: I didn't feel comfortable trusting my memory, so I looked for this post. Doesn't exactly answer your question but:
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There never seems to be anything between moderator reviewed and closed, I've stopped bothering to look at it.

I've seen more response on the Live bug thread than I have on that site.
  20. kizant Augur

You're not going to get a response in the live bug thread to just random ideas you have.