Something is still wonky with HA's

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Niskin, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millianna Augur

The developers specifically said they were going to adjust the difficulty (make them harder) of some of the HAs after the level cap. Absolutely no one complained. This was a win for DBG - one that the community agreed to.
    22wplkj likes this.
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

That's not how I remember it. The original patch, of the three Yinla mentioned, increased the difficulty. I believe this is because that patch put the mobs on a template more like RoS mobs. It doesn't matter much until the mobs get to 103+ or so. Then they hit like trucks. Sure, some of the lower mobs can get in an occasional hit for a large amount, but it's the higher level ones that are hitting like that consistantly.

If the mobs I faced in Excavating an Answer were 103 as estimated, then that puts them on par with the goblins in FM. I can tank 2 goblins in FM without too much trouble, and more importantly my healer merc can tank them for a good long time if needed. The two mobs in the HA dropped my merc in seconds, and would have dropped me if I hadn't feigned. Even under Earthforce disc they were tearing me up.

Having tested a few HA's in between each of those patches, only the first one increased the difficulty as far as I could see.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The vocal majority were level 110 and happy that HAs were being capped at 100/105.

Those of us with lower level chars pointed out that HAs should no be any harder now than they were at release. Daybreak chose to ignore those comments.

Be interesting to see what happens when the first TLP reaches TBM, last I heard the closed had just reached TDS so it shouldn't be long.
    Zhaunil_AB and frankie78227 like this.
  4. 22wplkj Lorekeeper

It is a great solution and I am happy with the game overall.They hit a home run on making players happy.

I just made max level and have turned AA's on again. The AA system is a cool feature about EQ that other mmo's I've played don't have. It keeps you engaged improving a toon for a much longer time. It keeps EQ from becoming just a gear chase at max level for awhile longer.

If you have low AA maybe the increased difficulty, especially for named mobs, is too much. Balancing all that, as in a 105 with low AA rather than max AA, may not be easy. I'm still low AA and don't know for sure how much AA's improve a character though.
  5. frankie78227 Augur

All it did for me was to stop me from playing my 2,105+ characters and stop paying on 2 of 3 all access accounts. Saved me from buying 2 X-pacs for alt accounts also, as I have no need for them. All and all to me it was a good change as I have money to play a 2nd MMORPG.
  6. High Voltage Augur

Could have also tried to suck less, but hey ...
  7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

This is true imo.
    The HAs that were "fixed" eventually when they got capped at their original level of release were the CotF ones. The TBM ones might not exactly use RoS mob templates anymore (i've ran a few that were "ok" again at 110), but at least some of them, if not all, are still somewhat harder than at release.
    I've recently done some Droga runs, and these looked ok at least. So it feels like TBM was kind of overlooked.
  8. frankie78227 Augur

Why, I play for enjoyment. The high level game was not enjoyable to me so I decided to stop playing it. I'm older and my raiding days and are well behind me. There was a time where I was pretty good at this game but that is long past. My tank and healer mercs couldn't handle EoK so I decided to do HAs to 110 before retrying.

I play part time and HA's provided an avenue that kept me paying because I could log in for an hour or so and feel like I accomplished something. The change took that feeling away so I removed some of my funding to DB.

As far as sucking goes I may suck at EQ but who gives a flying f**k, based on your comment maybe you should take a long look in the mirror and examine yourself. I would rather suck at EQ then suck as a person.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.