So about those esoteric medallions...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by GeauxTigers, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

And yet, no changes. Not a big deal. (No such thing as settled law, keep complaining, you'll get your way!)
  2. welly321 Elder

Its so stupid that we DPS race for the mobs but it really doesn't matter because people just chaincast memblur so it comes down to which wizard lands the kill nuke. Makes you feel useless as a non-wizard dps class.
    Krezzy likes this.
  3. Krezzy Augur

Pick spawning is something not talked about by many players. The fewer players who know about it, the less competition you get when a new pick opens. What I know, I've seen firsthand.

Officers in large, well-disciplined guilds are in a position to experiment a bit more. Kudos to you if you've done this! If you're in such an organization, you get to learn from others who have reverse-engineered the system.

Don't be shocked that there are players who don't know what you do. I'm still discovering things about this game, even after over a decade of playing.

Anyway, you have my attention regarding pick spawning. Thanks!
  4. Kahna Augur

Now you know how your wizards felt in plane of sky?
  5. wherehouse Lorekeeper

Haven't had this happened even once at any of the 20+ giant kills that I have been at
  6. RandomStrategy Augur

I'm so glad Faceless went after them first, as opposed to leveling. Now I'm just hopefully a cooldown timer on Tallon Zek to get a Hopebringer.
    Foaming likes this.
  7. TLP Addict Augur

Yeah it's not as big a deal as people are thinking it will be, I was in a semi-casual raid guild. We went to PoS a few days after launch and had almost zero issues getting people flagged, once the guilds have gotten their main force flagged it all dies down and the rest of the guilds were pretty amiable toward each other with regard to not engaging other guilds mobs etc.

If you aren't one of the top handful of guilds racing for bragging rights just give it a miss for the first week and you'll avoid most of the drama.

Go do all the other stuff, Justice trials, hedge mazes, levelling to 65 etc.
  8. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Plane of Storms is like the wild west right now. Players are doing whatever they want, training others, kill stealing, monopolizing spawns and other kinds of dirty tricks. It's chaos and anarchy. They do this because they know that Daybreak Games is not enforcing the rules because they don't want to spend money to hire GMs.

This is not the EverQuest I remember. This is not the EverQuest I thought I was coming back to after all these years.

Back in 2002 when Planes of Power was released SOE believe in the concept of GMs (gamemasters) that would provide a deterrent to stop unsavory characters from behaving like criminals in Planes of Storms. While there are instances available via /pick, there are no GMs.

Here are some easy to script solutions:

- increase the number of medallions dropped by each giant boss
    - decrease the spawn time interval for bosses

These two simple solutions go a long way in alleviating the disgraceful behavior that is now happening in Plane of Storms. Thank you for your time.
    Fhirg and Krezzy like this.
  9. HappyPanda Augur

Your premise is false. There is only one guild on the server actually pushing the content very hard at all...and they are done.

As far as I know there is nobody really on Agnarr that is really racing very hard, though there are some guilds that are really excited about the new content and would love to see it without being stuck behind a nonsensical bottleneck.

Many of the larger guilds on the server worked together to coordinate pick spawning and camping. It sounds like you are benefiting from that so I am grateful it worked out like we had hoped in making the best of a bad situation by cooperation and coordination.
  10. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Any solution that is not done by the government is not a solution.
  11. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

I just looked at this. I'm so glad we spent 30 hours as a guild farming 4 picks on day 1 of PoP. It sounds like a pure nightmare.
  12. jeskola pheerie

And they all want them NOW!!!! *temper tantrum*
    Ronzark likes this.
  13. Krezzy Augur

Fine example of toxicity right here.
  14. Rage_Sk Journeyman

Video and Log proof was given, the normal response from day break, "we can't give you info on what happens BS" They did nothing, even with 10 mins of video and the log files. There are no rules, you are free to Train, gate, highsun, and be as toxic as you want apparently. The GM's are so lazy they won't even transfer an item anymore, but that could be it's own thread on the worthlessness of the GM's.
  15. Rouan Augur

Just make them memblur and Manaburn immune so nobody can just win with small forces.
  16. welly321 Elder

Agreed. How it should work is if you want to contest the mob, bring more people and do more dps. The fact that it comes down to pure luck on who lands the kill nuke because everyone is chain mem-blurring is stupid.
    Ronzark likes this.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

Well to be fair there is some skill at play... namely timing. But i maintain that if they want to remove these painstaking grief fests just trivialize the amount of whatever that drops per hour... see the seb key for the extreme example.
  18. Brumans Augur

I like how every new TLP has the same complaints. Like "Okay man, THIS TIME they'll totally adjust it!"
  19. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Daybreak has slowly been fixing things like this. It's why I hold out hope they will fix people cheating in PoFire, levitating over C1
  20. Krezzy Augur

Or, you know, what you posted may simply have not been as funny as you thought.
    Personal attacks and mockery absolutely are examples of toxicity.