Is there a general information site available so I don't have to bother you folks all the time?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Finfan, May 1, 2018.

1. Finfan Augur

Today I am wondering if AA skills are available to us non-paying customers. I tried opening the AA skills window but it wouldn't allow me to divert any experience to AA. I of course don't know if I'm just doing something wrong or if I'm not allowed to use it. I tried looking for an faq on this site but couldn't find one and I am apparently bad at wording searches on the forums. Just trying to avoid spamming you kind people. Thanks!
  2. Roxxlyy Augur

Never be sorry for having questions or trying to learn more about this incredibly complex game, it's got quite the learning curve.

AA's are available to all players regardless of membership status, so you'll be able to use them - but not until you're level 51, which I would venture to guess is why you haven't been able to access it yet!

Almar's Guides has an awesome AA introduction, and to dive deeper into some of the specific AA skills, Allakhazam is awesome. Though I linked AA-specific guides, either of these sites have tons of great resources for players! :)
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

4. Finfan Augur

So, I'm just not high enough level yet. Currently at 48. I have forgotten so much since the last time I played. Thanks!
  5. High Voltage Augur

Actually you get Origin usable from level 5. You cannot assign AA xp before level 51, though.

For questions I'd say just ask.
    Felicite likes this.
  6. Gana Augur

If you are a Knight, Lay on Hands/Harmtouch are under the class section of AA usable from Level 1.

But apart from that...
  7. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

If you ever have question here is a good place to ask. Most people on the forums are actually decently nice and helpful. Allakazam has many guides. Almars is a great source of information. Fanra ( http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Main_Page ) is also a great source of information.

If you want ask questions on this thread. I marked it to watch and will answer them the best I can or find someone who can answer them.

Happy hunting!
  8. Finfan Augur

I'm just trying to avoid asking questions about ever picayune little thing. Such as does faction have anything to do with the price you get for selling goods? The answer is apparently not. Being a Druid my character can travel around rather easily so I bopped over to Kelethin to sell my loot in the guild hall where I am amiable and I got the same price per item that I did with the indifferent merchants in CR and PoK. Poor guild merchants were so forlorn looking! I must have been the first customer they've had in ages!
    Felicite and Metanis like this.
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

This is correct, but a few merchants around Norrath are tagged as basically ripoff vendors. They overcharge for everything, and offer you crappy prices in return for things you sell them. One is the Shady Swashbuckler in Commonlands tunnel. I think Boomba the Big in Freeport is another one. Charisma can also affect prices, but only to a certain point (200?). Once you're high enough level your CHA is over the threshold, there's no variance at all among prices from most vendors. Just need high enough faction (apprehensive or better) for them to deal with you at all.
    Fanra, Felicite and moogs like this.
  10. EnchFWO Augur

For effects on spells -and I'm not even going to start the debate on which- that are affected by CHA it caps at 255 with heroic CHA only having a separate effect on faction gains in a LIMITED amount of content. For pricing though I believe it tops out around 100? I know its much lower than the cap for other things.
  11. Metanis Bad Company

I didn't see anyone mention EQResource.Com which is my default reference for anything happening in the last few years of Everquest!
  12. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

http://www.eqtraders.com/ is the goto site for tradeskills. Almar has some good general tradeskill info but EQTraders database of info from the last 2 decades is unparalleled for tradeskills. https://eqresource.com/ is good for the last 8 expansions. A lot of really solid information on the current game, in logical easy to follow formats. And a good source for current maps.
  13. moogs Augur

Felicite likes this.
  14. Taetew Lorekeeper

Oh man... If i would have only known this before... Hahha I was wondering what level do i get lay hands on this paladin. I got him to level 35 and still no lay hands, boy do i feel dumb now hahah
  15. Taetew Lorekeeper

If we cant "use" AA points until 51, why bother earning them until level 51+? My merc rank v healer has 3 aa's built up but I can't spend them yet, I guess since im only level 35...
  16. Zhaunil_AB Augur

A kind of offensive question, based on (understandable) lack of knowledge but imo phrased somewhat.. wrongly.

Anyways:
    Some abilities and flags were "consolidated" into AAs over time, but need no AAXP but are instead granted at certain levels or checkpoints. (example for this are the above-mentioned class-ability and similars, as well as OoW/DoN progression "AAs" ).

"Normal" AAs you can not buy, nor get AAXP for until you are level 51.

And then there is the mercenary-AAs you mentioned, which share a similar name and in-game window but are on their own tab and have their own pool for a reason: they are not related to the AA system at all, just use a similar mechanic.
    Did you actually try to buy merc-AAs? Aren't any of them white yet? (i think there are those merc-AAs that only cost 2 for the initial levels, though it might not be what you WANT to buy).
    You should be able to spend merc-AAs as soon as you have enough "merc-AAs" to buy them, though i have to admit i never bothered to check it myself, i simply PL or level new chars quickly to around level 60 and for ME by that time, the merc-AA has never been an issue.
  17. Aurastrider Augur

Look at this as a win. Even if you cant use them and not that it should make a huge difference for your merc at that level range either way at least you are gaining AA's for them that you can use as soon as the AA's unlock. There are a lot of merc AA's to grind and this just lessens the burden of trying to keep them up to date as you level. Would you rather hit level 51 and have nothing to spend on your merc and then start the grind? Personally I would rather have those points sitting there to use once that's an option.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  18. Zhaunil_AB Augur

If for some unknown-to-me reason the reason prevents people to spend merc-AAs prior to level51 in the first place, then this applies!
  19. Aurastrider Augur

I have not tested it personally and the last time I had a toon that level that I was not power leveling their were not merc AA's so I am taking the posters word on the fact that they cant be spent. Either way its like complaining about getting reward points that you cant use until a later date. As long as I actually reach this later date I will have these points here to spend which is a good thing as a consumer. Complaining that I cant spend them now might just make the company cancel the program or in this case the ability to even gain the AA's until they can be spent which does nothing for the players at those levels.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  20. Gialana Augur

I have purchased mercenary AAs on a character that was lower than level 51, but the mercenary AAs have required levels. The base mercenary AAs are improved spell reisist, improved health, improved mana, and improved avoidance. All of the others require a minimum level in one of these bases, so they won't be available until a higher level.

I don't remember the exact level you can purchase the 4 base merc AAs, but I think it's something like level 20 for the first rank and +5 levels for each additional rank.