Bazaar is bad for the game

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Oldveteran, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Oldveteran New Member

I think the bazaar is bad for the game, it takes the personality and bartering away. I would like to see this not added to Coirnav, or in the future of TLP server to be designed without it. Personally, I'd like to see it removed from all the servers.
  2. Torqe New Member

I think your in a very small minority that would like to see this. As it is. It will never ever happen.
    Chatoyan likes this.
  3. Jaime Lannister Augur

Auction houses in MMO's are one of those features that everyone wants, but actually detracts from the game overall.

Communities and economies are so much better without them.

Not a feature going away any time soon though.
  4. Hateseeker Augur

They're arguing against that for Pantheon too. Personally I think that spamming your wares and only reaching whoever happens to be online and in the same channels at the same time as you is not very immersive OR effective, and detracts from overall play. For people that want the personal touch, did you know that you can still spam auction channels even while your stuff is being sold on a trader?
    A_New_Cleric, Lantherion and svann like this.
  5. Critt Augur

mixed feelings on this, love to haggle but seems like players on Coirnav all flunked flea market 101
  6. Brunnt ForceTrauma Lorekeeper

Hah....hahahahaa.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah....ahhhhhhh..ahh.ahh........

I tried typing something more intelligent but I was out of air from laughing so hard.
  7. Chuuk Augur

It's a 50/50 for me.

The bazaar is nice for buying low-cost items. Most people, by luclin, wouldn't bother selling 10-100pp items in auction channels because PP has devalued so much by then, it's just not worth the effort. This means that there is a very large supply of less-than-super-popular items available for purchase.

The bazaar is bad because it eliminates one of the "community" aspects of the game (similar to chat channels actually). It basically allows you to be somewhere, without actually being there. Auctioning stuff off in EC or wherever (NFP on Veeshan) was an awesome interactive part of the game. Unfortunately, these days it's all about rushing to max level...but I blame that partly on there really being nothing "new" to do.

In any case, I don't ever see them taking it away, but I can understand arguments from both sides. I think we're getting to the point where EQ is running out of replayability. Unless they start to mix something up on the Prog servers, I don't really see a bright future.
  8. Roxas MM Augur

errrrr no thanks, i rather spend my time hunting and killing then sitting in EC tunnel for hours trying to sell my stuff, or buy your stuff.
    Chatoyan and Hateseeker like this.
  9. Febb Augur

<---- P99 is that way.
    discordkitty likes this.
  10. Poledo_EQ Elder

I loved the EC auction. It was always awesome leveling in that zone as well. I think it's nostalgic more than anything at this point but I do get sad when I go through the commons now and no one is there.

I think there is something to be said for both. I'd go crazy if I had to wait now for some items I need. The Baz and the search feature is just too convenient these days. When I am looking for an item I can find it quick and easy and I can see all the prices for it and track the prices so much easier to know an items current worth.

There was a lot of fun to be had when auctioning in EC to argue the other side. I get no one wants to spend days trying to sell their goods, but there were people who made that their entire EQ career just hanging out and haggling in EC. I used to spend a day every now and then doing it, I do say I miss it in some respect.

To the person who said this is still an option even with the bazaar, it's just not the same. When you have 99% of the people using the Baz it's not effective to use /auc. It's only good as a supplement to the Baz.

Regardless, it won't happen. You get a while of the EC auctioning before Coirnav hits Luclin anyway. enjoy it now. It won't change.
    A_New_Cleric likes this.
  11. Kahna Augur

I have gotten to the point on TLPs where I won't sell or buy anything until the bazaar comes out. I dislike the CL tunnel that much. It's horrible trying to find what you need, and haggling with some stranger who's name I won't even remember 10 minutes from now is hardly meaningful social interaction.
  12. Baldur Augur

It's called tunnel questing, some people love it, some people hate it. It can be a game all unto itself.

There's no way they're gonna take away the bazaar though. It would need to be a Velious locked server to have no bazaar ever, which does exist. P99 like someone already said.
  13. Geroblue Augur

I enjoy the bazzar and like being able to buy where ever I am located in the game. It certainly helps me gear up my toons. Otherwise I would be gaming less, and spending less.
  14. Krezzy Augur

Tunnel auctioning on its own was pretty time-consuming, and didn't tend to make a lot of plat for me back in 2000. On TLPs, though, we have other tools, such as the now-reassigned agnarrprices.com site. This was very handy for price checks, as well as locating buyers and sellers who were not online (but could be PM'd or ctrl-e mailed).

I use the bazaar, but we'd probably all be fine without it.
  15. Hinastorm86 Augur

Personally, I detest haggling, both ways. I also don't really buy into the whole "player interaction" part of it.

Path of Exile devs have been trotting out the "player interaction" thing for years to avoid putting some sort of trading system in their game, and to this day it's the reason I won't play that game in any serious capacity, and im not alone.
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

EC tunneling with tools to scrape logs and a UI built for it = easy mode plat / krono
    Bazzar = lots of fun but actually takes more work because the amount of competition sky rockets as soon as luclin hits.

Both are fun but I can see how some folks hate one or the other.
  17. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Both would be better if they were pvp flagged areas. #Bringbacktraderfights
    Poledo_EQ likes this.
  18. snailish Augur

Many things are bad for the game. Getting 51% of the forum posters to agree, let alone the actual population playing would be impressive.

Baz would not be likely to make the top 10 list of bad things the community agrees are bad.

For example, I still think that load-balancing beyond newbie zones on progression through the level 20-75 content is actually a bad thing. I could write paragraphs trying to explain that stance, but at the end of the day it is very likely a minority view. If the people want Unrest-Guk-Velk-Greig-BoT quest instead of using the world, they must be right.

Apply the example to baz... and it stays even if it is bad. People would rather have it.
  19. Mrjon3s Augur

Na what they need to do is bring back to old bazaar. I wanna pvp while I shop.
  20. Imak Augur

Original bazaar was an awesome social gathering place simply because of the arena. Least it was on my server in the wayback. Bazaar way the place to hang out semiafk and chat it up.