Ninja Name Change

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kokayne, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Kokayne New Member

HEY! You ninja changed my name on Agnarr without so much as a tell... This toon has been around DAY 1. I have TALKED TO GM's face to face in the EC tunnel and now all of a sudden my name is changed? Couldn't give me the courtesy of a name change reach around and at least let me change it?
  2. Kokayne New Member

AND you broke my DZ for my Trial of Execution! Man. Today just gets better.
  3. Derd Augur

If your name that was changed is the member name showing on your posts, it is in violation of the naming rules. If you got it for ANY length of time it was too long.
  4. svann Augur

You were warned in the terms of service you agreed to. Thats enough warning.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Kokayne New Member

Right because there are soooo many other fantastic names out there.... All I want is my PoJ flag corrected and to change my name to something I want.
  6. moogs Augur

You can buy a Potion of Amnesia from /market and change your name again to something appropriate.
  7. dont hate the playa New Member

To be fair, his name isn't all that absurd when you look at others that have been valid over the years. I've seen Mota, Valieum, Hookas and others that are similar but have had no action taken against their names, even AFTER submitting petitions for various incidents. (And since those 3 toons are my own characters, fairly certain it doesn't break the name-n-shame rule.. but I apologize if it does!)

I've seen names that are related directly to mass murders, serial killers, heck even the Holocaust. No action was taken there. If they are going to address the OP's character, they need to take the time and go through EVERY name out there so that unilateral action is taken.
    Herf likes this.
  8. Derd Augur

Most name changes only occur if reported. Hookah? Why would a pipe commonly used to smoke tobacco be against the rules? Val... I may have reported if I saw it, the other m? I'll have to Google no idea what it is reference too. Sounding out cocaine in a odd letter combo, ya against the rules.
  9. Felicite Augur

Oh boy, bad names!

Adorablue Cybermeplz (sadly no picture)

Tangy Rangertreat (nothing wrong with this, I'm just mad I didn't think of it):
    [IMG]

Carley Vaginaofdeath (personal favorite):
    [IMG]

And (Master) Well Equiped (I know.. he means armor and stuff, right?)
    [IMG]
  10. dont hate the playa New Member

Well, the Hookas was referring to a certain profession that is specialized in Nevada.. with a last name of Nblow.. Mota is simply spanish for pot, so that one could be overlooked if one isn't familiar with other languages..

But the fact is, if we can have an Adolph Hittler, and that individual not have his name changed, there shouldn't be an issue with a drug reference.
    Herf likes this.
  11. AlmarsGuides Augur

There's someone named Lexi Belle on Lockjaw. It's one of the few names I have seen over the years that I am shocked hasn't been petitioned yet to be changed.
  12. Herf Augur

I've seen plenty of really over the top names on Agnarr. Rather than report them (really folks? really?) I just put them on ignore if it really bugs me. And the EQ naming policies are from when Sony ran the game. Now Sony was pretty aggressive about names: anything like Aregornn, Eragorn, or halfings named Bilbo, would be outathere. But DB? Up until now I figured they are literally not enforced: if you can get the name at toon creation time it's fine.

"Kokayne"'s considered bad enough to change w/out even giving the person a short interview and a chance to PICK a new name? What a joke. [Particularly if EQ is really owned by the Russian mob ;}] I've lost track of how many marijuana related names I've seen, and most of them are funny too boot.
  13. Herf Augur

GM should have given one of these to the person for free. Or allowed them one chosen name change.
  14. Herf Augur

Ninja Forum name Change coming in 3.2.1...
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You pick a name obviously in breach of the naming policy I don't see why a free name change should be offered.
    moogs likes this.
  16. Kolani Augur

This post is going to get OP's forum name changed too.
  17. Gokusan Journeyman

.Hmm name changing daybreak changed doing it ninja style too they are amazing there are far more worse names out there than kokanye wow weee truly amazing indeed.
  18. Febb Augur

Yes and they caught your name. If they catch other names that violate the naming rules, they will change them too.