suspension?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lethalys, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lethalys New Member

so 2 computers loaded into EQ, doing combines on my Main while my mage kills in twilight...... and mage gets suspended for afk killing? what a load..... I RESPONDED to the person that came into zone wanting to know what I was camping, I said, I didnt care if they killed before my pet did..... and I get suspended for 14 days for being afk? Its not like I even went afk for 10 to go bio.....

Seriously, you cant get the macroquesters under control and you think THIS is reasonable?
  2. Febb Augur

Ya don't go AFK while killing stuff if you can't respond to a GM fast enough. Invis and pet hold. They are getting serious about people AFK killing stuff.
  3. High Voltage Augur

[IMG]
    Toruch Fleshrot and Lethalys like this.
  4. Lethalys New Member

so serious that they cant stop people farming chase loot for days in FM, but someone wanting my camp they will respond to instantly..... fabulous.
  5. Balrigard Journeyman

Edit:
    Was not aware discussing moderators actions were against forum rules.
    Its kind of hard to discuss it otherwise considering the website takes 30 minutes or longer to load.

Clarification is always nice, when accounts are effected and unable to be used.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

FYI Discussing moderation actions on these forums is also against the forum rules.
  7. Numzan Augur

First of all you need to understand a few things about that before commenting on it. You may not like it, but it totally two different things your comparing. Secondly your situation is easy to catch, where as the first would require scans of the tower. (which is illegal remember?) They have teams for that, not everyone can monitor it either as limited staff are in works here. They know who is doing what, they just need proof for it to be a fair system.
  8. Numzan Augur

Yes and i agree not the best place to talk about individual things, maybe it was the 6 in question that was caught doing something wrong in game, but wasn't enough to ban you from it totally or maybe a lesson dont do it in game again. Best to talk to the CS reps, but they dont have to tell you everything.
  9. Cicelee Augur

Driver is going 10 over the speed limit. Gets pulled over and given a ticket for speeding. Driver is mad that the guy going 25 over was not pulled over. The thing is, driver was breaking the law by going 10 over and given a penalty (14 day suspension). If the police catch the other driver going 25 over, maybe they get a bigger penalty (account ban)...

Bottom line is, do not drive over the speed limit and you are fine. O and driving over speed limit = AFK killing, for those not following along...
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  10. Millianna Augur

I received a warning about 6 months ago for afk camping a toon, but I wasn’t afk. I responded to every tell I received within 10 seconds. I didn’t receive a suspension. It seems to me they aren’t verifying anything at all.

If you really hate someone, just petition them afk farming and they’ll either get a warning or suspended.
    Lethalys likes this.
  11. Balrigard Journeyman

I have done that and never received an answer that was applicable to my situation.

I am more curious the protocol regarding suspensions.
    It was my understanding in the past that 2-3 days were given for profanity and minor issues.
    3-7 were given for continuing of the behavior after being warned.
    14 were given for those caught cheating , exploiting or other in game mechanics being taken advantage of.

Its always nice to know the # of days u could get suspended before you reem a CS rep for incompetence.
  12. dont hate the playa New Member

Soo.. you're main is auto-combining (which is legal from my understanding, since it is an EQ mechanic) some sub-combines or whatever it is, and you're manually playing a character killing and responding to tells.. and the character you were manually playing got suspended?

At least that's how I'm reading it.. Sounds a tad ridiculous. Hopefully they look into this and lift it early, because that doesn't sound against the rules at all, and more an over-zealous employee/CSR...
    Balrigard likes this.
  13. Ghubuk Augur

More likely, it was like he said. Was doing combines on his main while his mage was afk pet killing in another zone.
  14. Lethalys New Member

I was switching back and forth between keyboards at the time combine a few, then run around and clear, I told the person that came in Id semi afk so I wasnt running around killing everything since we were after the same trash drop. Silly me, thought I was being nice at the time Guess I know better now. /shrug. I cant even modify my original post now so I apparently wont violate forum rules so I suppose this account will get in trouble too.
  15. Angahran Augur

If he's doing manual combines, he's obviously NOT 'AFK', he's just tabbed to a different screen.
  16. Millianna Augur

As long as you are present at the keyboard and somewhat functional you are not AFK. I alt tab between chars all the time. That doesn’t mean I am afk.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Out of curiosity was your mage set with an autofire keyboard and /pet attack hotkey?

I did a lot of afk farming when doing trade skills last year, but never used a hotkey, just stood in spots where mobs would aggro and tried to pick spots that were out of the way and not relatively desired camps. That elemental camp in Twilight is one of the best spots for Ice of Velious, so if you’re sitting there for huge periods of time could see how someone would get upset and petition you. On Drinal there was a necro there 24/7 for weeks at a time, though I think they finally got suspended.

The policy itself seems pretty silly though, given that they literally don’t provide any other in game CS, ignore some pretty obvious bot groups, and allow entire servers to be the wild Wild West of training, harassment and dps races. But that pet class afk in one small room in lvl 65 kod’taz to farm iridescent scales...that guy’s really hurting the game!
    roguerunner, moogs and Sancus like this.
  18. Ghubuk Augur

If you were only killing while actually tabbed to that account, then I agree, it does seem odd for you to receive a suspension.
  19. Sagarmatha Augur

Keep in mind, cheaters are usually liars as well. OF COURSE he's going to claim what ever makes him look like, "innocent Billy, just playing the game he loves," and the big, evil empire suspended him for no reason.

Daybreak is not out to arbitrarily suspend its customers.

Don't believe everything you read on the forums, especially when the post is from someone that was caught cheating.
  20. Horyuken Augur

Certain trade skill items should be looked at. Ice of eci and lightning cores come to mind. No trade skill item should be so rare that people make heroic mages to afk camp the stuff, its just not fun.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.