Where is the pvp

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zestya, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Zestya New Member

Any chance of a Rallos Zek PVP style server in the future? Or is this it for progression servers?
  2. Healiez Augur

In one of the other 90120412940213432 we want a pvp prog server post, a community manager stated "we have no plans for this"
    snailish and Thewiz like this.
  3. eqzekisdead Augur

The devs really hate pvp and have no idea how to fix it.
    We are all waiting for them to finally close down zek, there are only about 8 people who still play there.
    EQ pvp is currently full of exploits and extremely unbalanced, there is no way they are ever going to touch it.
  4. Silver-Crow Augur

I suspect that once Agnarr hits lock, and people start to get bored, that you may find a few guilds flip their pvp switches on.

I'm not sure you'll get a dedicated 'zek' server as they're usually ghostowns after the initial rush.
  5. Roxxlyy Augur

We don't have any plans to spin up a new PvP server!
    Prathun, phattoni, TLP Addict and 2 others like this.
  6. Raina Elder

If you'd like to try the PvP experience in EQ, follow these 3 easy steps:

1) Roll a new character on the Vulak server
    2) Pretend you have a PvP flag on
    3) Play EverQuest

Congratulations. You are now living the exact experience a PvP TLP server will have.
  7. frankie78227 Augur

The PVP is in WoW mostly, from I've seen.
  8. Hateseeker Augur

Any plans to answer with more detail than that? Like, is your perception that the demand for PvP is so low that there is zero chance of it? Or even if there was demand, would new TLP PvP servers not be compatible with the reduced in-game customer service of the last few years?
  9. mesocornaiv Lorekeeper

You might be onto something here!
  10. Brunnt ForceTrauma Lorekeeper

Because it wont make money. If it would then they would do it.
    fransisco and Ronzark like this.
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

There were 4 PvP servers. Don't get the number wrong, it riles them up.
  12. Atabishii Elder

DAoC announced this year they will finally be opening their first TLP like server (calling it an alternative ruleset server) by the end of the year. If you want to play PvP, why not go play it on the best pvp mmorpg ever made?
    skattabrainz, snailish and Bobbybick like this.
  13. Hateseeker Augur

Mature EQ PvP servers are pre-destined to fold, it's a miracle that the one we have is still open. Reason? As time goes on, mature characters get more and more powerful, making it difficult for new characters to do anything in PvP. So new characters don't get made and the servers fold, sooner or later. The TLP process would bring far more new life to PvP than it does PvE, for those that are interested in PvP, at least. And yes, I'd guess that a new TLP PvP would probably become a ghost town sooner than PvE TLP, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be worth it for a while.

Also, it had Rallos, Tallon, Vallon, Sullon at the least, for a while.

But actually, I know there's not going to be a new PvP server. I like to see better than "no we have no plans" answers, though, that's why I asked. Just like I'd like to see better answers to some of the other issues recently.

And as far as money goes, when the waves of requests for instancing first started back during Ragefire/Lockjaw, wasn't potential financial reasons (i.e. cost of man-hours to implement) one of the excuses players made on behalf of Daybreak before Daybreak finally ended up doing it? That's why I like to see Daybreak answer things, instead of relying on player speculation/defense on Daybreak's behalf.
  14. Machentoo Augur

Four, three of which had sizeable populations for many years. None of them folded, they all got merged into Zek, which continued to have a significant population for a few years after the merger despite SoE basically ignoring everything to do with pvp.

(Not saying a TLP pvp server would do well, but there WERE successful pvp servers in EQ history. It wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but a lot of players enjoyed it tremendously.)
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

NICE! Except now I get to stress over what of the the like 30 classes I want to play.

Edit: It looks like it's just a new server with like F2P elements? I feel jebaited.
  16. Kazturath New Member

Team PVP within +/- 5levels on pvp. If I remember correctly that is what Vallon was during the item loot days. It encouraged RP and was a lot of fun, until they removed item loot and twinks ran amok with fungi tunics.
  17. hellohello123 Lorekeeper

I really wanted to play on the P99 PVP servers but I made a character and saw a guild called Holocaust. I figured it wasn't worth playing with people like that.
  18. Atabishii Elder

No. DAoC is actually still one of the only fully subscription based mmorpg's out there (can't buy game time with in game currency, no free servers). There was no F2P element to it at all until this year. Apparently they had discussed releasing a TLP like server in 2017 but decided they didn't want to because they didn't want to effect the health of the live servers.

So they decided this year (i think they already might be available) to start offering extremely limited F2P accounts that can ONLY play on current live (Ywain cluster) servers in hopes of bringing enough players back that when they release their new server later this year, their live servers will still be very healthy. The TLP like server will not be accessible by F2P accounts. It is still up in the air if this server will be RvR or a PvP server (like mordred/andred).
    From what I understand, the rules of the server and what kind of server it will be is going to be based on majority vote by the community.

I'm already over on Uthgard getting my skills up to par in anticipation.

The next few years you're going to see a lot of older games following EQ's TLP formula, many games old and new have already announced they are going to do it. So if there are any old mmo's that you loved playing back in the day, I'd keep an eye out for their announcements and plans.
    skattabrainz likes this.
  19. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

You are aware that this guild was later disbanded for posting a screenshot of corpses dragged to make the shape of a swastika, right? You made the right choice.

I want to thank Roxxlyy for acknowledging the past two threads and giving management's position. It's more communication than previous reps have made.

All of the people I met in MMOs who I would most like to play with again came from EQ PvP. That said, the present EQ PvP community is 10 percent good folks and 90 percent of the most anti-social people in the internet. And that 90 percent all thinks they're part of the 10 percent of good folks.

I think if PvP players hadn't proven themselves to be a nightmare to deal with, it could be within their reach to get some small coding resources dedicated to them, commensurate with the small part of the community they comprise: Maybe getting /guildwar fixed if it's not a huge reach. Or having red-blue crossteaming permitted on blue severs (perhaps with some kind of penalty to beneficial spells cast on red players by blue players) so that going red on blue wasn't such a death sentence. Or most simply, the solution that P99 blue utilizes: add a Priest of Order who can turn you back to blue after going red, but not without the completion of a time-consuming quest; this would allow people to flag PvP on a recreational--but not permanent--basis.
    Niskin likes this.
  20. Lantherion Elder

Back in my day we made /testbuff characters on the test server and did pvp in gfay, ahh the good oldays of level 25 pvp where everyone had the same gear and it came down to skill.