shaman spell set up

Discussion in 'Priests' started by ClaudiaMadCat, Apr 18, 2018.

1. ClaudiaMadCat New Member

What is the best shaman spell set up for a level 102.
    So many spells LOL

What do you guys think?

IN our set up what would be a good progression. Or in the spell bar what do you put first all the way to the bottom and why?
  2. Wijimoto Journeyman

What other classes are normally in your group? Most shammies have a couple of different spell line-ups saved to use depending on the situation.
  3. Raccoo Augur

For grouping?

1. Reckless
    2. Reckless
    3. Spiritual Swell
    4. Recourse
    5. Intervention
    6. Renewal
    7. Roar of the Lion
    8. Curse dot
    9. Curse dot
    10. Quick dot
    11. Quick dot
    12. Bite nuke

I consider the spells #1-7 to be permanent, for pretty much every spell set, for every occasion. Can switch out the dots and nuke in 8-12, for Sluggishness, Growth, Unity, or other dots if you are soloing, depending on the situation.
  4. Jetslam Augur

This is pretty spot on as far as healing goes. I most of the time will have Glacial Gift loaded in the 13th spot that Rac doesn't list that you'll get at 106.

For unique situations/events, you'll drop the nuke and/or a dot to keep a utility spell up.
  5. Fohpo Augur

No Glacial =(
  6. Raccoo Augur

I use glacial only really on raids. /shrug
  7. Shredd Augur

roar of the lion is best if you have the raid breast slot
  8. Monkman Augur

Does anyone have a good macro for glacial and swell? I currently manually click these but would like to have a hot key that will cast glacial on player then swell on same target
  9. Fohpo Augur

I don't macro it TBH
  10. Monkman Augur

Good enough, haven’t had any issues manually clicking it.. didn’t know if main shm macrod it or not
  11. Brohg Augur

One of my hotbars is a multibind since I have the same EQ install for all characters. So I put Gift-Swell-Roar-Reck-Reck-Renewal-Epic on there.
  12. McDougal Augur

Ice nukes are where it's at for shamans dude. You should know that by now. ;)
  13. Jetslam Augur

I'm set up similarly. I have the first ~6 spells keybound to the same key. I then have a spam hotkey that has a few slots each of a few more keybinds. On my spell bar, I do Gift > Swell > Reckless > Reckless > Reckless. On the hotbar, I have a dedicated single target heal keybind that just does Reckless > Reckless > Reckless so I know a good heal will come if i see someone low. I've also got a keybind for Recourse > Intervention in case I need a group heal.

As for using gift in raids vs group, I typically twin my splash in groups to provide more passive healing and free me up to do other things. A twincasted splash that crits will do ~80k per wave every 2s. That generally means that I don't have to use single target heals too often and can do other things like pull, dps, etc.
  14. ClaudiaMadCat New Member

thank you all.. going to experiment with these suggestions.. smile
  15. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

a little late, but my setup for grouping is like Raccoo's pretty much. just replace swell with a 3rd reckless, the nuke with sluggish and alliance in slot 13.

for soloing mine looks like the changes above. I also turn on languid bite when soloing for a 7th dot.
  16. shruggz Elder

just wanted to say thanks, I changed up my primary spell set match Mehd's above I was curious about the dot selection, I had been using the combo dots and this picked up my dps considerably.

I was also nervous about dropping counterbias my sk tank still seemed a bit squishy. and I thought the passive healing from counter bias would be missed, as it turns out I just cast renewel instead in my macro and added turgurs aa, in place of where I would have cast aa malo I now use rirwechcs malosinata, and that is a significant improvement.

and before I had used glacial and after some thought I didn't really use it that much, very situational
    and would sometimes encounter situations where all my heals were down and had to rely on union, ancients, guardian and other oh crap aa's . replacing counterbias and glacial with the other two recklesses puts me in a much better position to always have something up when its needed.

so thanks again, happy hunting.
  17. Leigo You come here often?

Depends on the group.
    Boxing:
    1) reckless
    2) reckless
    3) recourse
    4) intervention
    5) cloud (heal over time)
    6) roar
    7)curse
    8)curse
    9) chaotic venom (combo dot)
    10) breath (combo dot)
    11) gift (twin heal nuke) or regular ice nuke
    12) bite
    13) canni

Normal group (better tank or added healing)
    1) reckless
    2) reckless
    3) recourse
    4) cloud
    5) roar
    6) rirwech's malosinata
    7) curse
    8) curse
    9) chaotic (combo)
    10) breath (combo)
    11) ice nuke
    12) bite
    13) canni
    Always having pact on for pet procs
  18. Leigo You come here often?

You could add gift to a macro but I prefer to click it then hit healing macro that casts swell, reckless, reckless
  19. Idee New Member

Does everybody use roar instead of sabretooth?
  20. Danaleigh Elder

Yes !