All Anni NPCS gone

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by keviin101higuys, Apr 21, 2018.

1. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

All Anni NPCS gone? wtf Day break... all these damn problems with anni mercis and youre not extending it?
  2. EnchFWO Augur

Was about to post this myself... something is up because they are ALL missing so it's not like one was sploity only.

Anyone know if it takes a certain amount of time for them to repopulate on a server down/lock/reset/whatever?
  3. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

normally instant... after patch days... they are on script
  4. EnchFWO Augur

They just popped up on BB... so apparently some delay. Crisis averted.
  5. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

o good, yeah just say that
  6. Koryu Professional Roadkill

The gnome race was active but didn't initialize correctly after server up. Only the starting and ending Tipsy Teena were up, and none in between. Ak`Anon Teena gave all the right responses and made me drunk, but there was no Teena at the checkpoint named in Steamfont (and also not on Find). Not a huge deal, since the race runs 4 times a day, just FYI.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Anni NPCs seemed to have spawned now on Xegony.
  8. bard007 Augur

yes all back on Bristlebane.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

Really only 4 times a day? Based on server messages I thought it ran over and over and over and over.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  10. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I get the point, but to answer the question anyway:
    15 minute warning, 5 minute warning, start announcement, and an ending announcement an hour later.
    Start times for Sun/Mon/Wed/Fri are 3AM, 9AM, 3PM, 9PM.
    Start times for Tue/Thu/Sat are 12AM, 6AM, 12PM, 6PM.
    4 races a day with 4 messages each can seem like a lot of automated spam, and annoying if you don't have any interest in participating.
  11. Kolani Augur

It sure seemed like it was either running every hour or every other hour when Anniversary started though.
  12. Flatchy Court Jester

Personally I could do without hearing about the damn drunken gnome race all the time.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  13. Febb Augur

Just for those who were missing the spam from this event. I can PM you some more if you want.

<SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The tipsy gnome race is beginning in 15 minutes! Please join us by creating a new level 1 gnome and meet up with Tipsy Teena in Ak`Anon, near the exit to Steamfont Mountains.

<SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The tipsy gnome race has begun! Hail Tipsy Teena in Ak`Anon with your newbie gnome to get started!

<SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The tipsy gnome race is over. If you missed this one, we hope you'll join us next time!
  14. Angahran Augur

I wish they had a different global spam channel than 'Systemwide_message' for things like this.
    Personally, Systemwide_Message should be for thins like server coming down, etc.

Make it more in character, "With a fanfair of trumpets, a voice is heard across the lands. The tipsy gnome race is beginning in 15 minutes! Please join us by creating a new level 1 gnome and meet up with Tipsy Teena in Ak`Anon, near the exit to Steamfont Mountains."
  15. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Systemwide Message is used for automated global announcements on that server. The same system was used to announce the first people to complete the bonus Epic Retelling ornaments and the first Artisan's Prize.