Is there any way to turn off the bonus 25% XP?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Yamiko, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Yamiko New Member

I would like to make a stand against companies bowing down to the few complainers because they cannot handle reality. Quit giving this loud minority trophies because they fail at life and demand free stuff because of it. Those of us that can handle life don't want these trophies anywhere near us as it is an offense to our civility.

Please look at the silent majority and see that we approve of how you handle your business, and we will speak out en masse when you have done something wrong.

You can look at the couple hundred page threads about tanking and pets etc that bring the community together in a civil discussion to correct issues that arise.

When threads, regardless of the amount, are brought up because of planned events, there is no reason to bow to the couple people that cannot handle them accordingly.

Thank you, your silent IT person, server admin, coder, developer, db admin, designer, et all
    Toruch Fleshrot likes this.
  2. Riou EQResource

alt + f4 will turn it off :p
    Sunwolf likes this.
  3. slayerofbats Augur

Wow...
  4. Roxxlyy Augur

I appreciate you being okay with the downtime, but it was definitely a lot longer than we intended, and we weren't happy about it ourselves. This isn't going to be a regular thing that happens every time a maintenance gets extended, but it doesn't cause us any harm to give our players a little weekend bonus. :)
  5. Nolrog Augur

People will indeed complain about everything.
    Geroblue and Miss_Jackie like this.
  6. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Instead of being at the computer, waiting for servers to come up from an extended downtime, I actually took a nap.

Anyway, I actually enjoy the extra xp bonuses they give us. This was just a pleasant surprise.
  7. svann Augur

ban him
    Venaki likes this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Today was not hot and quite nice where I live. I went outside and got a lot done.

I am going to sue!!!
    slayerofbats and Miss_Jackie like this.
  9. Febb Augur

Take an experience death every now and then. Problem solved.
    svann likes this.
  10. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

Instead of sitting at the computer waiting, I ventured outside of my dwelling and saw this big bright ball of something like fire in the sky. It was also giving off heat... Woh. Thanks for helping me experience something new.. I would also like to have the necro epic 2.0 changed into an augment that I could put into my Skylanc as compensation for such a long downtime...thanks...
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  11. Spellfire Augur

You just made my day. Thank you for entertaiment.

Regarding bonus, nobody is forcing you play.

I was surprised we received bonus xp for this weekend and even though I'm not able to take advantage of it, I appreciate the gesture from EQ devs.
    Nennius and Yinla like this.
  12. Geroblue Augur

Complaining about a bonus ? Well, my suggestion would be to not game until the bonus is over with. Problem solved.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  13. Gosan Kai Elder

Best. Troll. EVER!

Don't feed him!
    Minrye likes this.
  14. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Minrye likes this.
  15. Slackityslackslack New Member

"an offense to our civility"
    Sir, you need a dictionary. Stop using words you don't understand. And also, alt+F4
    Minrye likes this.
  16. Minrye New Member

What a .

17. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

lol

"Et all", indeed.
  18. Slackmage Apprentice

There is actually..... bring the servers down again during the extra xp time lol.
    Well played.
  19. Waldiin New Member

They did mission accomplished
  20. Slackmage Apprentice

Now the real question for you Yamiko is this.... if they took down the bonus xp on purpose based on what you said would you then complain that they made a change based on the limited complaining of one, or even a few, people? Or is it ok when they do it then? lol
    Geroblue, Durnkenfists and Sunwolf like this.