Live Update Bugs 4/18/18

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Monkman Augur

I believe ngreths comment implied that the book required in order to craft the ornaments (think eok simple secrets book off named) is not in game. I believe he understood the question.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I mean that the book doesn't exist :( not that the ornaments don't.) Without the book, there is no way to make them. The recipes are set as "must know" and as of now, there is no way to know them :( (The book would be the way to know them)
    yup
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Absor Developer

Found the issue, looking into a fix. Basically, that loot has a level restriction on it. You all are too high level to get that reward. The odd thing is, it's exactly how it was when it was in the other chest.

A
    Fanra, Yinla and Nniki like this.
  4. JacLuc Lorekeeper

I have maybe similar or related bug/question. Before the patch and after, if I use the /useitem command to activate the Earth-Emblazened Leather Tunic, the proc activates just fine, but the hotkey icon does not get the red shading and cooldown timer countdown. It looks like I never used it, so I just have to keep trying to find out when it is active again, or pay close attention to the buff wearing off. Other clicky items worked correctly from the /useitem command. If I right click it to activate it the shading works, but still no cooldown timer. After the patch, none of my item hotkeys show the time remaining anymore, but the red shading does still work, except for the tunic. Should recreating these fix this problem? I am using the default ui just arranged for me.
  5. svann Augur

Recipe for Spicy Tuna Salad Sandwich is reading like it is in a language I dont understand. It was given by a halfling (Chef Chowderly in abysmal sea) as part of a quest. I do have 100 in halfling language, and in all other languages on my skills list. I dont actually need it because the recipe is online, but thought it worth noting.

Are languages buggrd?
  6. Karhar Dream Crusher

It was on the corpse of the main mob if that matters previously. Its a cute small chest though i must add.
  7. Eaiana Augur

The item "Nightmare Saddle" no longer summons a mount when clicked. A small version of the mount appears as a familiar, then disappears in a few seconds. I tested this from hot bar, item click, and mount key ring. They all behave the same way.
  8. niente Developer

I think this might be a different bug, will look into it.
  9. Eaiana Augur

It's been a while since I played my enchanter, but at level 107 the level 105 spell "Enticer's Unity" does nothing, no runes are applied. The spell "Phantasmal Unity" only casts the Polyiridescent Rune buff.
  10. Pyrott New Member

Nightmare Saddle spawns in front of the player and then despawns. Does give blessing buff, but fails to mount. Confirmed with at least 2 different players. Able to duplicate no matter what buff I have on at the moment. Tried relogging, resetting/defaulting UI, and zoning. Not tried with other flying horse mounts.

too slow by 18 minutes >.>
    Eaiana likes this.
  11. niente Developer

I wasn't able to reproduce this, maybe try remaking the item hotkeys and see if that helps?
    You're not looking for the timer cooldown on the /useitem hotbutton, right? I don't think it will show up there unless you do /timer xx. If you still have problems post a SS
  12. Siny Augur

I just zoned an alt from lobby to pok and suddenly spot that theres a red message 'You have overflow items available. /itemoverflow to view'

I didnt get this when i logged the toon into lobby and in all my years of playing I've never seen this message.

So I did /itemoverflow and it shows Total Overflow Count 73 and shows below a long list of stacks of a potions. According to this list only one of the stacks is owned by this particular toon and the rest by another alt. I checked this alts bank and confirmed that she has space in her bank.

So why is this toon getting the overflow report and where is the overflow occurring in the first place (and how did it occur ) ?

Swapped to the other alt and she also gets this message. Checked her bank and she also has space.

Completely baffled. Is there another hidden dimension within EQ ?!!

If this is a new feature you need to tell us about it.
  13. niente Developer

Potions & faithstones removed from the wrong characters are being reimbursed in this way.

Item overflow is a method for us to give items to you without worrying about your character being online or having space.
    Khat_Nip and Boze like this.
  14. Siny Augur

Still confused. Why did u remove these potions from anyone (let alone the 'wrong' characters) ? Did I miss something in patch notes somewhere ? Or are you talking about some database/storage glitch within EQ (like the black hole that exists in housing ).
  15. niente Developer

The items being removed from servers other than Coirnav was a mistake. They are considered out of era in classic, which is why they were removed from Coirnav.
    The black hole in housing was fixed last fall.
  16. Sindaiann Augur

17. niente Developer

This is fixed internally.

Bonus info -

When you camp your hotbuttons are saved in a string in Soandso_server.ini like so:
    Code:
    [HotButtons3]
    Page1Button4=E332,@-1,0000000000000000,0, ,

The little space there is your "hotbutton label."
    When you log in the string is parsed and whitespace is removed. Then, the hotbutton sees it has no label and sets to the default AA name. I changed it so it will not ignore whitespace (but this will not go live for a while).

My suggestion for now is to use a . or something as the label instead.
    Zhaunil_AB and Raccoo like this.
  18. Gladare Augur

I also had the zone repop while doing A Formal Dinner Party.
    [Fri Apr 20 21:05:02 2018] <ZONE MESSAGE>: This zone will repop in 30 min(s). Please move to a safe location.

Also, typo:
    [Fri Apr 20 21:40:17 2018] A peaceful paladin says, 'Are you that daft? Their all undead. Go bother someone else.'
  19. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Not necessarily a bug for this patch, but with the server (Xegony) blowing up and repop of the zones I tested an odd case.

We had just finished the OT: Fell Foliage raid, managed to get everything bid out and looted via vent. Most people tried to zone out, but I stayed in the zone and after it was repopped. After the repop, I was able to request the raid and get a new Scion while having a lockout.

I went ahead and destroyed the Scion, but if it's possible to make the raid givers check for the lockout(s) it might be a smart thing to do in case a similar situation ever happens again or someone figures out how to force the repop of a zone.
  20. Allayna Augur