Test Update 04/10/18 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Zhaunil_AB Augur

That is why, while we used our BRD's track, we did not rely on it.
    We actually WENT there, doing the recce runs like in the olden times, eyeball (visual) style.
    Not just by one person, but by several - i think eventually the whole group had checked every room himself.

Someone mentioned an overlap above, of despawning mobs and possible clue-droppers - perhaps that's the reason?

Anyways, the "fix" could be as simple as removing the fluff drops (books) and replacing them with (additional) clues.
    Ok, perhaps not "simple" as it would also mean the creating of 3 more items, possibly 3 times however many classes can be selected depending on how the task is structured in the backend.
    OR a really crude but i guess quick fix could be to actually mark the books as valid proofs (substitutes).
    Because really, we can often tell from just two item drops (with sufficiently excluding class-combinations, like "WAR,CLR,PAL,SHD,BRD" on an armor piece and "CLR,DRU,SHM" on a 2nd drop) with 100% certainty which class the murderer is anyways. And since the books drop from the mobs in the task already, we would also have had to kill them, so do the task still "as intended" (just with less or no chance of it bugging out AND potentially making it quicker)?
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Some of what NPC's drop is global loot. The book "fluff" is yeah, fluff for looks AND to add a visible component to the invisible men.
    And while "quick" on my side to add books as a clue, #1 I'm not sure there is a guarantee that they will drop, it might be possible (but not in any way likely) that none of the NPC's that carry the books spawn? . #2 that's a server down patch (Changing a task)

I found a bad NPC in the ritual area, and I think that's the culprit. there's a 4 in 7 chance that the ritual room is chosen, then a 1 in 13 chance that that bad NPC is chosen.
    Repairing that IS hot-fixable.

The people I can ask about a hotfix are not in the office yet, so I don't have an answer for you on when/if.

And... because people will ask. I *think* extending the mission is a server down patch. I *may* be able to get around that. But I'm not sure (and again, people I need to talk to are not in the office yet. This is not a promise of an extension, only that I'll ask.)
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I would have to go through my logs, and i still couldn't give you any meaningful sample on the availability of the books i guess. All i can say for sure is that this afternoon i got 4 books (2 per type) and i do not recall a run without at least 1 book dropping, so i assumed the "an animated tome" that drop them are a part of the standard library population, practically guaranteed to be up (and thus usable for extra/safety turn-ins).

But i think if that ONE mob you mentioned was indeed the "bad one", then all might be fine already.
    Though i am unsure if there isn't perhaps more of the pathing-related "mob gets stuck behind the walls" there too, that was reported. (i guess those mobs would still show up on track, though i can also imagine them landing at some untrackable point, e.g. falling though like players did/do in Breeding grounds)

I am more than fine to go with the hotfix, if it were doable (and an announcement pls when it happened), and then following the reports for no more or yet more failures on the 4th item.
    A practical "solution", if the error persists after the hotfix you mentioned even, could be to shut the task for a patch period and have him up again for two weeks or so afterwards. (scheduled downtimes should allow for that?!)
    Meanwhile, i've seen that the task is comparably easy now (still taking around 2hrs boxed, but no comparison to before patch in difficulty nor length), so i am fine with "taking the risk" for my ALTs that still need it.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I got the weapon racks and for the last hour and and a half have been running around with a druid looking for a missed mob. Timing out in another 40 minutes been through every room and only 3 clues.
  5. Monkman Augur

There are 3 “click” thru doors 1 to get to spiral staircase .. 1 to get to study .. and 1 to get to ritual area (from study)
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  6. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

So when will Test get the "true up" to be up to date with Live and get all the bug fixes and so on that Live has? We've already lost a lot of time with down time and missing the anniversary stuff for a week to start off.

Is there a way to manually extend the anniversary events another week or are we just out of luck?
  7. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

We're down to 4 days left on the anniversary events for 14th through 19th anniversary for Test. We really could use the patch to bring us up to date with Live so we can get all the fixes before those events go away and an extension on the events would be nice as well.