A Formal Dinner Party is broken

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Funkymusik, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Nniki Augur

2. Ghazghul Journeyman

It is. We ran into this last night for the 1st time. Cleared zone, was short an item. Ran around the coffins 3-4 times and nothing. Went back to that area and clicked on a coffin and was jumped by 3 mobs, received last drop, however as someone posted previously, the turn ins didn't match the text and was attacked at the end by the Druid and the Warrior (and according to the task updates, it should have been the warrior).
  3. Moege Augur

Do not go and hand in items you find..... all of the food items are scattered through the zone in different rooms, handing in a food items is a 7/8 chance of failure if you have no other clues.

steps:
    1. Get the 4 drops
    2. Drops determines which npc
    3. Look at the food item in front of that npc
    4. Find in which room that food items is located
    5. This determines the room
    6. Then turn in the items (4 drops+food item) and name the room/murderer.
  4. Ghubuk Augur

You have to turn in the food from the correct room as well.
  5. Gio-Cefalu Augur

I think you're supposed to wait on the food. Assuming all 4 clues work, I think it works something like this:
    1. Kill anything and everything in the zone, including weapon racks. Loot the 4 drops (assuming all 4 are dropping).
    2. Look at the useable classes on the items. One class will be on all 4 items. That's the class you're after.
    3. Turn in all 4 items to Mellion. Now that you know the class, look at the table in front of that class and pick up his piece of food. Take note of the food type. Hand it to Mellion as this should be the last clue.
    4. Now run back through the rooms and find the same piece of food as a ground drop. Once you find the food item, note that room. That's the room the murder was committed in. (I guess you could technically do this along the way if you're recording which piece of food is found in each room).
    5. Go back to Mellion and tell him the room that you think the murder was committed in. He then asks you who did it. Tell him the class, and you'll immediately get attacked by that class.

I'm not sure why I got attacked by 2 classes, but I think it's because I handed in an incorrect piece of food from table. I read somewhere that you don't want to just hand him every piece of food as those are counting as incorrect "guesses." The author of that post suggested you were only supposed to give Mellion one piece of food from the table after you figured out exactly who it was.

Regarding the coffins in the crypt (DruidCT's post), I can confirm there was a vampire hiding in one of the coffins that only aggroed after I got right on top of him. We had a monk pulling for us, and we cleared both crypt rooms, but he had to log as it was taking too long. I went back again (multiple times), and during one of those passes, I looked over every coffin and found a vampire that aggroed me which previously did not aggro when we had pulled everything else in the room. I didn't have a tracker with me, so i can't verify the tracking comment.

I'm going to give another stab at this this weekend to see if I have better luck on all 4 drops.
  6. svann Augur

No, I dont think so. The ones in the coffins are laying in the coffins (sometimes behind the coffins). When you get close they agro. The coffins themselves are not targetable, and the mobs do not spawn.
  7. Gio-Cefalu Augur

So yeah, this guy summarized it way better than me. One question to confirm. Do you give Mellion the piece of food from the table or the ground spawn version you found in the room? Or does it matter?
  8. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Pretty much this.
    Either i am group leader anyways, or i have me made master looter, and i always tell the group not to pick up anything, but only to show/tell me what is where. Then we collect the items (which could fail before the patch, i ran it only once since so it possibly still can fail even though it did not for me that one time) and determine the class. Then i go check in the dining room which food it is, and then i go and pick it up from the room we (hopefully) have previously cleared; else we go on clearing the barest minimum to get to and pick up the food from the room.
    I never touch the food on the table; not sure if it'd make a difference, but that's how i do it.
    Better safe than sorry - and sometimes i still had to be sorry because well.. we only got 3 of 4 drops...

Upside:
    I boxed it this early afternoon and it's not comparable to before the patch, very easy now.
    It doesn't matter too much that there is only drop per run, it is now very similar to the LDoN one in difficulty (and number of rewards). It FEELS like it's now how it was supposed to be from the beginning.
  9. Moege Augur

Correct, Gio-Cefalu has a better explanation.

Ignore old posts, quest was changed to now count any food handed in as a task update, hidden flag on fail or not.
  10. Moege Augur

Don't think it matters if its from the table or the ground spawn, both worked so far.
  11. Aurastrider Augur

I will say the end fight is a little nuts if you are not prepared. Click your discs and be ready because they hit fast and hard. I got one rounded the first time. The second time the zerker got off 120k hit and a 90k hit back to back just as deflection wore off and I was hitting my next disc. My mage pets finished them off luckily. I consider this a test run having been my first time and I will say it was rather brutal. Over 100 total mobs all yellow con with only a handful of white cons in there at 108. I am not sure how this compares to people running it at level 110. If you cant pull, have great CC or have an uber tank I don't see it being successful. I got the last item on the second to last mob I killed with a total of 91 mobs killed plus the four weapon racks.
  12. Lianeb Augur

It diesnt matter which food table or ground spawn as long as it is the correct one. Mellon will now accept any piece of food to update the task. Only the correct one will net the aug at the end though.
  13. Lianeb Augur

If you were attacked by 2 npcs you messed up and accused the wrong class. If you read the text the murderer attacks along with the person you falsely accused as being framed.
  14. Zhaunil_AB Augur

This sounds as if it was about a fight pre-patch.
    I had the BER this afternoon, and i did not even bother with a disc (the standard flash at the beginning notwithstanding).
    He got off one ROUND of 90k, max hit was 36k, 25% of his hits were for just 3k on me and only 2/3rds of his hits were actual hits in the first place. (have to give though ofc, this is against a raid-geared tank)

Real hits from all trash combined ranged from 2-digit numbers to a single case of 32k (that was a backstab i ate while pulling) - only 4hits of over 7k attempts against my WAR were over 22k, by far the most hits from all trash were below 15k; less than 50% of all attempts from trash mobs were actual hits.

My run had 79Mobs (+4weapon racks+"named" ), yellow+white against 110 but (they felt) no harder individually than the LDoN mission; i did not have to go to ritual area as my last drop came from a weapon rack this time. (i.e. i had cleared all but NCrypt - drop was from SCrypt - and Ritual area).
    Initial breaking of the ballroom (assist-range+linked pair agro+pathing) and library (pathing!) were the hardest parts; i pulled me practically the whole library at one time, that was a bit much - numbers get you dead even there ofc. But with a bit more careful pulling, i could keep it down to 4-5mobs at most and those are easily tanked+killed - would've been a walk in the park if i had had actual player help that run.

You definitely do not need a puller anymore (well, with any tank that is of course) nor CC really.
    While it certainly does not hurt to have one, the only times i see them even just remotely worthwhile (safety vs. time "lost" waiting) are the initial break-in of libary and - depending on where the dancers are - ballroom. Elsewhere, rushing mobs and fighting at spawn is the way to go (in crypts, approach with invis after bats and you get at most 3 if you rush the (literally) right mobs) imo.
  15. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

i ran it a few times since patch.. no problems ,,, no one in guild reporting problems either
  16. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

see this post:
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I found a possible failure in the clue drop. (A bad NPC in there. Thanks to Funkymusic (sp?) for being in an instance where it happened so I could actually track it down (it really did never happen in my 100 tries... there is a chance!)) I'll see if I can get a hotfix. (There is a 4 in 7 chance that it will choose the ritual area. In the ritual area, there is a 1 in 13 chance that a bad NPC is chosen.)

NOTE. you cannot use food in any way to determine the murder. The sole use of the food it to determine the ROOM.
    With the patch, The quest will now accept ANY of the 9 possible food items (8 of the 9 possible food items spawn). If you hand it the wrong food it will complete the element, but set a flag (in the zone, not on the player) that you gave him the incorrect food, and you are not a good investigator worthy of the extra reward.

Completing the food element is ***NOT*** an indication that you found the correct murderer.

The correct murderer is indicated by the clues.

Moege has a good summary.

The food on the table is the "same" as the food that is in the rooms (same item numbers drop in both locations) so it doesn't matter which you hand in, As long as you hand in the correct food. Leaving the food on the table DOES allow you to have a "last minute" check to be sure you have the correct items, and perhaps a second chance if you accidentally ate the food dropped in the room.
    mmats, Jhenna_BB and Eaiana like this.
  18. Raccoo Augur

[IMG]

You go through the study to reach the ritualist area. The crypts are through hidden wall doors in every bedroom on the west side.

And the book to open the second part of the library is on the left side of the hidden bookcase door.
    [IMG]
    Fanra, Sokki, Koryu and 1 other person like this.
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

I have a feeling my guildies have been talking to you about me.
  20. Gio-Cefalu Augur

Thank you for continuing to dig into the drop issues and for the additional clarification. I'm looking forward to the hotfix and giving this another run.