A Formal Dinner Party is broken

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Funkymusik, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Kolani Augur

That's unpossible, this mission was tested 100 times on internal servers.
    gnomeboss likes this.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It really sounds like you did it wrong. Did you hand in each of the food items on the table to figure out the food? If so, you did it wrong and failed.
  3. RandyLahey Elder

I just ran it twice to get it for my warrior. First time I didn't have one of the pieces drop (all mobs killed in zone + weapon stands). 2nd time was fine. Definitely something going on there.
  4. Cicelee Augur

As I mentioned earlier, did it this morning for my magician and everything was fine.

Did it tonight for my bard... killed every mob in the zone, four weapon racks.... only 3 clues. Know the murderer, know the food, know the room. And I cannot continue with the quest cause I have to give one more piece of evidence to the NPC.

To say that I am angry is putting it mildly. I spent 90 minutes doing this mission again, only to have completely wasted my time cause it is broken this time?

If this happens again, something really needs to be done as far as reimbursement goes. You cannot continually expect your customers to repeatedly do a broken, buggy mission hoping that after 2 hours you get four clues...
  5. Drogba Augur

I've done this mission maybe 15 times, killed every last mob, and yes in every area listed by Ngreth. I've had 3/4 clues in what feels about 1/3 runs of this mission. I haven't ran this mission in a week or two though.
    Nightops likes this.
  6. Ghubuk Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...inner-party-is-broken-af.248791/#post-3658146

Have you checked all these areas?

Laboratory - West of ballroom? - Yes
    Ballroom - South of zone in area - Yes (Zone in is the dining room :) )
    Library - East of the ballroom - Yes (Don't forget the secret area)
    Bedroom - There are several bedrooms, south of Ballroom, and up on the 2nd level - Yes, and only the ones on the east side.
    Crypt - West/below the Bedrooms - there are north and south crypts. Yes. It could be on either side. Don't forget to look in the coffins.
    Study? - So, at the bedrooms on the east side, there is a door. Click on that door and it takes you to spiral ramp, take it down to a door, click on it to the Study
    Ritual Area? - In the study, there is a door, click it to go to the ritual area. This includes the round room and the room with lab-like equipment.

The study and Ritual area are out of track range from the main area.
  7. Drogba Augur

Yes yes, all areas with a different group every time running around searching for secret areas with track totally clear. There is a bug, or there is an unlisted secret area
    Nightops likes this.
  8. smash Augur

There prob some bug or maybe some other issue.

Some people go through without problems, ngreth one of those with a script.

I wonder since this an upgraded version of the npc if there might be a mechanismn on some of the mobs that make them despawn during day or night?
  9. Gio-Cefalu Augur

Ran this last night for the 1st time. Had 3 clues with ranger on it, so i knew it was ranger. Green apple sitting in front of the ranger, so I knew it was crypt (that's where our apple was). Killed everything in every room listed, including weapon racks. Maybe I missed a rack somewhere as I only saw them in the study. Never got 4th piece of evidence. Also, when I accused the ranger, another class would come along saying they were framed. Not sure what I did wrong, or if this was bugged. It took me 4.5 hours for a wasted quest. At least I know the zone a little better now.
  10. Dreadmore Augur

Three clues and a green apple in the crypt? That's four pieces of evidence.
  11. Lianeb Augur

Mission took us 30min and netted 35 AAs not to bad
  12. Cicelee Augur

You need five items to turn into the NPC. Four of them are clues that drop from trash throughout zone. The fifth is the food item you find that is associated with the murderer.
  13. fohpo2 New Member

During testing, didn't people warn that you didn't always get enough clues to be awarded the aug? I thought they had the same complaints about the tent trophy potentially taking multiple runs to reward one item.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  14. noclue Elder

Did this yesterday, all 4 clues dropped
    However, due to slow wipe recovery 1 clue disappeared (that is not a bug just slow/sloppy playing-looting) = a failed run.

Also, you can't rely on track as others have mentioned, some mobs will be oor
    Read all the posts by Ngreth for info on how to do this task
    A good map is essential

Did this before the change and after change, the task is much much easier now.
    I can understand why the reward was reduced to 1 reward per run, same as the original pearl aug anniv task.
  15. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

the tent trophy mission was (according to dev response) intended to force you to make multiple runs on average. only 2 of the items for the tent are guaranteed to drop and they stated this even during testing.

most commonly missed in the dinner party mission though are the secret area in the library (a lot of people for some reason can't figure out how to get back there), and the ritual area down past where all the weapon racks are. sometimes folks don't remember how to get to the basements for the crypt area too.
  16. svann Augur

Remember Fippy's Further Revenge in So Qeynos last year?
    Mobs (guards I think) were despawning based on game time, causing people to come up short on drops. Running the mission 100x caused the dev to think that all the drops were there but he wasnt doing it the right way (oh irony) so he wasnt seeing the despawns.

Is it at all possible that this is like that?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  17. alanon Lorekeeper

I did this last night. I gave mellion a fancy ham and got an update then while searching i came across a fancy turkey in the crypt so i thought maybe i gave the wrong dinner so i went back and handed in the turkey but got no update. i eventually found the ham in the study and went back for the final hails. when i said the study was the place of the murder mellion asked if i was sure, did that twice with same response. i then said the murder was in the crypt and both the wizard and rogue attacked wiping me. not sure how the item that didnt give an update ended up being the murder sight but it did. spent all of 6 hours doing this quest(first time through). went back and killed the wizard and got the quest to finish but did not get the aug piece. mellion just said thank you and thats all she wrote. i learned a lot hopefully i can cut the time in half now that i know where everything is and how to handle upwards of 10 mobs at a time.
  18. DruidCT Augur

I think people are just missing areas. Hidden area of library or the entire ritual area or checking out the coffins in the crypt (which can trigger mobs to appear that aren't otherwise on track (I think)).
  19. Drogba Augur

is this a thing?
  20. fohpo2 New Member

Would be incredibly stupid if it is...