Lost Extruded Black Pearl

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Deimon, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Deimon New Member

I spent 3.5 hours before I even knew there was an "easy mode" for this stupid mission to get the aug on my main 6 guys. Now only 1 of them has the aug. Do I need to petition on all 5 other accounts? How was it determined who to take the aug away from? I didn't solo the mission and I didn't have help. It takes me forever to run 6 toons all over a dungeon like that and I think i died a bazillion times and nearly never found that secret door in the library. Please let me know what my course of action should be to resolve this issue.
  2. Cicelee Augur

Redo the mission like the rest of us have to before the mission goes away in a couple weeks. The rumor is that it is much easier now, moloable for some classes. Which means your group should be able to handle clearing all the mobs now...
  3. Ghubuk Augur

You must have done it at least once the correct way, but am assuming not with the other five?
  4. Roxxlyy Augur

Copying over my response from another thread:

The charm was taken from those who skipped steps within the mission to get the reward. This was considered an exploit, as it allowed players to earn themselves the rewards without actually completing the task. Removing the pearl was the action we decided to take against those who did not properly complete the mission.

If you did complete it without skipping steps, you may have to submit a ticket to CS.
  5. Alba New Member

took me a few attempts and a lot of deaths to complete this mission the hard way and now all those hours have been wasted??? ... DBG can poche ma'thoin, useless feckin twunts!!!
  6. Dethtoons New Member

so the pearl was taken away ok whatever but why change it to one paste per mission if you done this mission once you know its a pita and no one wants to do it 3+ times to get all their toons the aug again
    Ruinedmyownlands likes this.
  7. xxGriff Augur

What about those on FV, who can/did purchase? tough?
  8. Ruinedmyownlands Elder

That's what I've been saying. I did the mission today and only one person got it, we still died a lot. The mission cant be 6x easier to justify 1/6 the reward. 1 drop per is not fair.
  9. Monkman Augur

Remember the original shimmering black pearl? 1 aug per run
  10. Ruinedmyownlands Elder

Cool then take it away from 5/6 of everyone since they probably got this thing "bugged" since it gave 6.

Naa you wont do that,that would be mean. But you sure are happy to screw over the people doing it now.
  11. svann Augur

It is a lot easier to do it now than it was then. 6x easier? Possibly.
  12. Deimon New Member

Thanks Roxxly. I did the entire mission when it first came out. I'll submit my tickets as soon as i get a chance.
  13. Elendieal Journeyman

I make just a little bit over 20 bucks an hour, and since you guys want to completely invalidate the time it took me to figure out what to do exactly, WHICH I PAY YOU FOR, I'd like simple compensation. You can deposit my 140 bucks as a credit on my account.
  14. Zhaunil_AB Augur

LOL...
    a) i wouldn't post such a wage, unless you also post that you're from a 3rd world country.
    b) what company do you work for again? Because since by your demand you obviously play during work i think he should know...
    c) you get nothing and be happy about it!
    d) come to think of it: you can have 5strokes with the whip. Then 7,9,11,13 and so on each time you open the mouth to say something like that again.
  15. wiha Elder

We just did the task today and only got 3 of the 4 weapons so we fail there are no mobs up in the hole zone so you guys need to fix this fast how can we redo the task for every one in a guild if you do not make all the stuff drop like it should
  16. Funk Augur

So you're saying the United States is a third world country? Because I'd say the majority of the population makes about that, or less. Or maybe you're so out of touch with reality you need to actually walk outside and look around, because that's the situation in the United States.

Obviously his demand was over the top, but degrading him and saying he must be from a third world country is basically calling him poor. I would guess you don't make more than that yourself by your demeanor.

Now, back to the actual subject of the post. The upgrade from old pearl is what 15ac, 150hp, and +17 to heroics. It's not game breaking if you don't have that. However if you want to maximize your character then just get back in there and get the aug for the most important classes in your crew.
  17. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

You guys make it really hard to support you. Almost every anniversary mission in the past has had a way to get the bonus reward without finishing the mission. You can't just arbitrarily decide something is an exploit. Getting the reward without finishing the mission has not been impossible 100% of the time, so really there wasn't a way for players to determine that was an exploit, rather than just to complete the required steps and guess correctly to win the reward. If there was notice that it was an exploit, was it before these players had run the mission, and was it posted in game, or were players required to come on here to find out? And if they didn't and were unaware that you considered it an exploit rather than a mechanic of the mission? Because we need to recognize that many of us determined that it was a mechanic of the mission rather than an exploit, one that rewarded clever investigation. As it is, some public message should have been made in game and been made clear before deciding, again arbitrarily, to remove the augs from players' characters. What further complicates this is that the aug is lore, so really there is no exploiting of this repeatedly for enhanced benefits for one character, rather just for that character to help one's friends/alts.... again, thinking they were utilizing the mechanic of the mission as intended--- guessing correctly by scouting out the rooms, etc. It's a lot less clear that there was even an exploit, unlike running missions repeatedly and without end to reap a chest over and over again. The line is a lot less blurry there, and a lot more blurry here. Why not just fix the mission with an explanation that "by the way, we intended that bonus to only be available after the mission was complete". Rather than punishing players for something that was unclear to begin with.
    Ruinedmyownlands likes this.
  18. Veiks New Member

It sounds more like punishing players for sloppy programming and poor testing on daybreaks part. It is hardly an exploit when you follow along with the quest like normal and they give the reward early. Oh and lets make people redo it while its broken and now limit the drops to just 1.
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel likes this.