Why are idols and pots gone on Agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by GeauxTigers, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Rathnaga New Member

Fix or riot.
    • (╯ರ ~ ರ)╯︵ ┻━┻
  2. Fepyy Lorekeeper

nice work dbg.. still making ppl mad even long after coirnav failed.. LOL
  3. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

Uh, what's an example of this other than the Cazic Thule revamp?

Chardok revamp was the patch before Luclin launch, yet it's available in Kunark.

The Hole was added during Kunark, yet it's available in Vanilla.

Both of those zones have items that are much more powerful compared to the era that they are available in, when compared to CT revamp during Luclin.

Kunark Archeologist quests were added on February 15, 2017... and available when classic Kunark is released.

Grieg's End revamp was LDON era... available in Luclin.

Cazic Thule revamp is absolutely tuned toward Luclin. By the time Planes of Power is out, the risk vs. reward is not worth it compared to the gear you can get in PoP.
    snailish likes this.
  4. TessaPrincess Journeyman

Golden Idol of Tunare missing on Ragefire *sigh*
  5. discordkitty Augur

Still missing on Agnarr as well.
  6. The Duchess New Member

A moment of silence for all the hamsters that died yesterday.
    Ajjantis likes this.
  7. tankNspank Elder

Restored before PoP launch atleast?
  8. Sera New Member

Thank you. My characters are still missing hundreds of distillates and several idols on Agnarr.
  9. Johnwick Augur

That must be one crazy accident to have a server be inaccessible for 17 + hours.

We never know what Daybreaks intentions are until they release that patch ( because it is always different then the patch notes provided from test.)

Collecting data on the individuals who had their items wiped ?

So you are sitting in your chair waiting to have complaints roll in so you can reimbuse them?

How exactly do you plan on reimbursing the community that lost that many potions / distillates ?

Platinum Reimbursement ?? Or individual tracking of items lost ?

Because neither of these seem plausible and if they are ( they should have taken this approach with the Race Change Bug.)
  10. Roxxlyy Augur

I don't have an ETA for when they missing items are going to be restored, unfortunately, as it's going to be a pretty involved process to sort everything out and grant the correct items to individuals. I can assure you that it will happen, though!
  11. tankNspank Elder

One bad mistake after another. Remarkable service!!!
  12. Fumi-chan Augur

Question for those on Coirnav with an idol, can you equip it or did DBG make them unusable?

I've heard mixed reports that idols are still floating around the server so kinda curious how DBG is handling those one off situations.
  13. Krezzy Augur

Roxxlyy, I'm guessing the complexity here is figuring out how to restore items. It should be pretty straightforward to determine who lost idols and concentrates.

This being the case, I'd suggest using Parcel Agents or Claim functionality to send these items to their rightful owners. No worries about finding open inventory or bank slots that way.
  14. RandomStrategy Augur

Luckily for me, I had run out of them before this hit. On the side note, sorry you're having to deal with so much . Y'all are trying, I understand that. Now, time to go make some plat on the bazaar selling new potions!
  15. RandomStrategy Augur

I'm pretty sure their dev team due to funding consists of four gerbils, three unpaid interns chained to desks and fed the bones of recycled interns and Prathun who just stands over them with a cat-o'-nine tails.

Edit: I'm also pretty sure the gerbils are drunk half the time. Gerbils are notorious lushes.
    Herf likes this.
  16. TessaPrincess Journeyman

Do we need to petition missing idols or are you on it already?
  17. Roxxlyy Augur

You shouldn't need to petition, as we'll be able to pull the list of users who were affected by this.
  18. Snorl Lorekeeper

Can i expect 150kpp compensation for my missing potions?
    Hateseeker likes this.
  19. Gibbly New Member

So where do we report this data at? I had a golden idol of Brell Serilis removed and according to everything I've read this is a luclin item and agnarr is currently in luclin about to go into planes.
  20. snailish Augur

"tends" was probably the wrong choice of word (quote was a reply), "at times" is likely more accurate.

looking over http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Progression_Servers there are some things set early, some things set late if actual date of release was the only criteria. Some of the moves are logical, some things just haven't been addressed:

original lacks 40+ content. The Hole does more good than harm, and they might always era-restrict a few drops like they did with Velk's.

Kunark archeologist quests were retro-added on purpose, though it wouldn't be surprising to see them era-limited at some point as the rewards are rather nice.

GE probably should have some gear drops era-restricted.

The tutorial was set GoD which makes sense with "newbie armor quests" set PoP, but it still isn't the era-correct version of tutorial (and that probably isn't worth effort to correct further).

iirc, there's some oddness around some of multiple revamp loot table zones like Veeshan's Peak as far as era-setting, but I could be off on that.