Compensation or Reimbursement Must Happen!!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Krunix84, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Krunix84 New Member

Ok Daybreak, so yes we all understand mistakes happen, and during updates things can and have gone wrong.
    However we pay a monthly fee to play this game, and now the servers are coming very close to being down for a full 24 hours. There MUST be some sort of compensation or Reimbursement for this. You have taken 1 day away (for now) from my 30 days i paid to be subscribed to this game.
    So whether you give us all 1 day back to our gold membership or you give us a week of 2x EXP, or give everyone some free in game items whatever you feel is fair, But this has to happen. All of us have been sitting around waiting and waiting frustrated, and barely a peep from you explaining WTH you did or even a rough estimate on how long its gonna take to fix your screw up.

If you agree please comment below, maybe if they see enough people they agree we can get something done about this.
  2. Khat_Nip Meow

I'm fine with the servers just working.
    Smokezz likes this.
  3. JHReaper777 New Member

I'm glad to finally get some rest after returning a month ago for coirnav. Pretty much been full on playing a month straight! lol. At this point though, i'll just be happy with an update on the eta of when it will be fixed. Little extra exp weekend wouldn't hurt anything either :) Fair is fair and all
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

So you'd be cool with anywhere from a $0.33 to $0.50 refund depending if you pay a yearly or monthly subscription? Or 1/30 of a krono? You can have a drink of my Gatorade if you want. Like a decent sized gulp. Not the whole thing though.
    KermitMadMan and Drogba like this.
  5. Elskidor Augur

I was disappointed I couldn't play but that's how goes sometimes. Hell yeah, xp bonus would be grand but not necessary. Reading the forum drama was actually pretty entertaining. However, if I get home later and login to realize I am missing characters, items and other goodies that they won't fix I will be pretty ticked, but I'm more than fine with just logging in and being able to play this evening right where I left off Tuesday.
  6. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

Whole lotta entitlement going on..
  7. Frogmonk Journeyman

I will never understand people like the OP here... So you lost a day of playtime, wow, but did you die though?
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  8. RenDnB New Member

You should really read the EULA.... it covers downtime. Anything they do to "compensate" be it bonus XP or a $0.50 refund (lol) is out of the kindness of their hearts. But it is what it is.. I get your point. While I agree with it, and years ago I'd be right there with you, I've learned that its really pointless to protest this. They'll pull the EULA on you and thats that.

Yes its a service some of us pay for. However, when we agree to use the service and pay for it, we're also agreeing that they're not promising uninterrupted, error-free, no issues game play. AND we're also agreeing that we can't always access our accounts whenever we want, and there may be extended times where we can't access our accounts. Thats whats in the EULA... if you don't agree with that, then don't click "I agree".
  9. moogs Augur

Please produce the copy of the service level agreement which you signed with DBG.
  10. Buktum Lorekeeper

Although I'm not looking for reimbursement, is it too hard to understand people want their money's worth? Even if it is just some change? You don't know everyone's personal lives. What if this person works two weeks on and two weeks off and yesterday was their last off day? What about people that were farming epics and just got rolled back on? Yeah it's a game, boo hoo. A game that you still pay money for. I think some of the frustration people are showing is also due to lack of communication from DBG during the downtime.
  11. Frogmonk Journeyman

I can understand frustration, I can not understand the ensuing demands for "compensation" for extra hours of downtime due to issues. The initial downtime was already known, so people asking compensation for "a day" are asking for way more than would even be accurate anyway. They lost maybe 8 hours of game time. Anyone who's played this game for any length of time more than maybe a year or two already knows that you don't expect to play on patch days. I have no empathy or sympathy for people who act entitled to things. I didn't 15 years ago when I first started this game and I certainly don't now.
  12. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I want in game tacos with gas effects!
  13. Buktum Lorekeeper

That's a problem though, that we as customers give them that leeway because it's the norm to expect that downtime. A lot of people think that way with many MMOs sadly. You pay for a service, it should be up. Understandably things happen but again, they didn't communicate at all after the initial "Oh the servers crashed, we're looking into it.". That left a lot of people sitting and waiting for an update. I work in IT and understand that they may not have known at all what caused the crash at that time but they could've updated the forums saying they were still looking into it with no ETA. Radio silence is terrible practice for online games.

Honestly when I saw they were making "back-end" changes in the notes, I laughed and expected this. That's not a good thing.
  14. Phracture New Member

I'd settle for a quick apology and explanation of what happened but let's face it, that's as unlikely as the OP's suggestion(s).
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  15. Frogmonk Journeyman

The communication I can understand being an issue, but every software update can lead to issues. I can't tell you the number of times I've updated software at work only to have it break something else and need fixed. I even started waiting several weeks before I'll install any at this point so that issues can be addressed before I install it. The problems I have here at work I don't give leeway for, because it impacts our day to day business and can cause some major issues long term if things get messed up. This is a game, it's old as hell with code that is probably so convoluted that it's very easy to have something break with a simple mistake. It could also be hidden in some random spot that would never be expected to be affected. I'll give them all the leeway that comes with working on something this old. While I can agree that they should be more forthcoming with information, it's probably just as well that they don't say anything because they'll just be assailed with posts about their incompetence and "hire me and I'll fix all these issues", etc. In all my time gaming and being on forums, I've seen enough abuse hurled at Devs who deign to post to completely understand why they don't.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Compensation for what? Simmer down, snowflake.
  17. Draconum Elder

While I am sure there are probably multiple portions of the EULA that could be cited, one right near the top under 'Acceptance' if I am understanding it correctly pretty much translates to 'We can shut this game down tomorrow with no notice, you agreed to the possibility - suck it up'...

'Daybreak reserves the right to modify the Daybreak Terms of Service, Daybreak Privacy Policy and/or Daybreak End User License Agreement in whole or in part, from time to time at its sole and absolute discretion, and to provide you with notice of such modifications by any reasonable means, including, without limitation, by making available the revised version thereof through any Daybreak Game(s). You can determine when the Daybreak Terms of Service, Daybreak Privacy Policy and/or Daybreak End User License Agreement was/were last revised by referring to the “Last Updated” legend at the top of the applicable agreement. Your continued use of any Daybreak Game(s) following our making available any revised version of the applicable agreement(s) will mean that you accept that/those revised version(s) thereof; however, any material change to these agreements will not apply retroactively to any claim or dispute between you and us in connection with such agreements that arose prior to the “Last Updated” date applicable to that version of such agreement(s) in which we included such material change. If you do not agree to any changes made to the Daybreak Terms of Service, Daybreak Privacy Policy and/or Daybreak End User License Agreement, you may not access or use any of the Daybreak Games. We may, at any time, modify, suspend and/or discontinue all or part of any Daybreak Game(s); charge, modify or waive fees required to use any Daybreak Game(s); or offer opportunities to some or all users of any Daybreak Game(s).'

Stinks when they go down longer than projected, nature of the beast.

Go watch a show, read a book, or come rant on the forums. Your life, do what you want.
  18. sooziechapstix New Member

what a sad silly goose
  19. moogs Augur

Actually that's exactly what they did.
  20. Fohpo Augur

Didn't they have it at the top of this forum, in big red letters, saying that they were looking into problems?