Extruded Black Pearl removed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fishlips_Jones, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High Voltage Augur

All you guys should really cool down. Stuff like that happens in alpha. I am quite sure they sort these things before releasing the game.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  2. Mistatk Augur

It is fine to say it was meant to drop 6, because it is super difficult. That is just contradictory to the people saying that since all previous anniversary content only gave 1 bonus reward per mission, you should have known 6 was not intended, and was a bug. Those are 2 opposing statements. If it is suppose to be common sense that getting 6 was not intended, then it can't be reasonable to think it was intended based on difficulty. And hence peoples confusion.
  3. Kolani Augur

The 18th anniversary tasks awarded one item for each player in group.
  4. Lheo Augur

at last DBG should have the balls to tell it in the patchnotes...
  5. Thraine Augur

who said it was supposed to award 1? post that in a quote pls

That mission took my group of raiders 5 hours to do .. and im talking a perfect group. War, Cleric, Shaman, Ranger, Beast, Rogue. Hardest group task ive ever done. trust me, if YOU had to do it then, you wouldn't be calling it an exploit, you'd be loling at the schmucks that cheezed it
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

Let me clarify what I was saying here. First, I do not believe that running the mission and getting the 6 cherry pies as a reward was an exploit. What was an exploit, as pointed out by Ngreth early on before the first change to the mission happened, was not completing the mission to get the cherry pies (now, that is a topic for another discussion considering how many missions you can do this on still). Second, I ASSUMED, as many others are doing here, that the 6 cherry pie reward was a coding issue. This may not be the case. Ngreth could have left the 6 pies in because the difficulty was still high. However, because the difficulty has been significantly decreased, the decision could have been made to follow other Anniversary quest bonus rewards (Horn of Unity, Shimmering Black Pearl, etc) and limit it to one per mission now.

So, imo, getting rewarded 6 cherry pies was not an exploit. Ngreth never came out and said "you have to loot only one cherry pie and delete the other 5." What he did say, though, was that you had to complete the mission as intended to get the cherry pies, hence the change that was made last patch.
  7. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Once again, the denizens of Forum Quest find themselves struggling to decipher what the definition of the word "is"...is..
  8. svann Augur

The murdered guest was an important person (with a name), but the ones you are killing are just the no-names.
    Kaenneth and Fohpo like this.
  9. Lily Augur

This.

And definitely this!

I didn't lose my aug, but it doesn't mean I like the way DBG handled this. This latest "frustration" will probably be for me, the one that broke the camel's back.
  10. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

#OMGSoMuchThis
    #Unsubbing
    #LoyalCustomerSince1973
    #ImTheVictim
    #WhatExactlyIsCheatingAnyway?
    #ThxDaybreak
    #ThxObama
    #VivaLaResistance
    #SorryOfficerIDidntKnowICouldntDoThat
  11. svann Augur

#potionbelt!1
  12. Thraine Augur

I think most can agree DBG handles their mistakes in their own way. I cant believe anyone was surprised after they way they handled the Cactiki Debacle.

I had friends telling me about the cheesy way to get the aug, i told them then, thats not a good idea lol
  13. arsenil Lorekeeper

only problem is the folks that killed every mob and weapon rack in the mission and didnt get all the drops so could not finish .. just like i and a few friends did the other day ... i will have no problem doing it again .. but the point is if it cant be finished then it should not be taken away . i have heard that others had the same problem
  14. Thraine Augur

yall should just be happy they didn't ban you for a week or 2 or 3
  15. Fohpo Augur

Apparently the devs did when they decided that was the intended way it should work?
  16. svann Augur

We arent talking about the general morality of a game that mostly revolves around killing.
    This is about why its ok with Pell that you kill his no name guests to figure out who killed his VIP. Besides which, they attacked first. Well some of them.
  17. Fohpo Augur

Fair enough
  18. Tiggold Augur

You didn't have a Berserker there, that's your problem. Perfect group...../shameonyou
    #berserkersmatter #berserkersneedtrack #longlivemezzbreaks
    Thraine, Daedly and Fohpo like this.
  19. Ghubuk Augur

I won't try and explain to you why it wasn't appropriate or funny, but it certainly wasn't whining.
  20. Fohpo Augur

I mean, I'm inclined to agree with you that I'm free to make the analogy, but I think going as far as calling him out as a "whiner" is a bit much. There weren't pitch forks and torches, they simply disagreed with my statement (in a civil way).
    Cleric and shaman is overkill too, IMO
    Ghubuk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.