12 hr Patch to fix a Patch that the Patch screwed up

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Drexyll, Apr 18, 2018.

1. CoirnavBard New Member

A player was sitting on a horse mount in GFay on Coirnav - not sure if that has something to do with it. He linked his Ornate Bridal in chat....
  2. moogs Augur

Has Alex Jones caught wind of this?
    Gyurika Godofwar and nazgull2k1 like this.
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I'm sure noone really expected to be able to play after a 10hour patch that got extended?
    Currently, we have the re-patch going on - as usual.
    The next few days, we will have the re-patching of the re-patch.
    In between we will see some rollbacks.
    If we are lucky, things will be back to almost normal again on SUN when people start raiding again.
    Not much point in getting upset - there is nothing out of the ordinary.
    And in the end, the changes (well, once they work as they should) will be for the better and noone even remembers the "lost time" much.
  4. nazgull2k1 Elder

Bruh... I saw it on a Facebook meme... it's TOTALLY legit! It was right next to meme of Abe Lincoln holding an AR-15 and a bible while he was blaming mexicans for the civil war!!!!
    Gyurika Godofwar and moogs like this.
  5. Baykun New Member

last I checked the servers had been up for 20 something days ... take a break, get your nails done, go shopping, get a tan. do something other than complain bout something that happens damn near EVERY patch day
    Dilquan and moogs like this.
  6. Aphotik New Member

Carlin would say it's not a potential issue ... it's an issue.
    Joker and moogs like this.
  7. UndeadBob Journeyman

Times like these, I like to play a little game called.. "What Can I Buy With Fifteen Dollars?"

Here's a few things I came up with:
    • about three packs of cigarettes
    • a large bottle of hard liquor or a case of beer
    • some lottery tickets
    If none of that floats your boat, try the expansion... "What Can I Buy With One Hundred And Twenty Dollars?" Because lets face it... why on earth would you spend that much money on a game where it takes literally a whole day (at least) to do a patch, and where boxing and botting are so prevalent that hardly anyone groups anymore, and where afk botting to farm chase loot goes completely and utterly unpunished even after being /petitioned about several times.

Lets touch base on the issue of the server effectively being down one whole day out a 30 day month such as this.. you can already see where I'm going with this, $15/month, 30 days, where's my $0.50? Am I gonna make a big deal about $0.50? Would DayBreak make a big deal about that much owed to them? Yes.

Maybe there was a huge amount of downtime back in the good old days like you neckbeards claim with Velious and so on and so forth, but at least the game wasn't dominated by box bot teams advertising ill-gotten chase loot in genchat all day every day, 365 24/7. Which are completely immune to repercussions for their actions, even after going thru the appropriate channels several times in a row on the same culprit.

This game is in decline.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Drexyll like this.
  8. Dilquan Augur

Cry some more.
    Joker likes this.
  9. HULKMAN Lorekeeper

We need to all stand together and demand better service.

That is the only way to get them to improve
  10. oldschoolgamer New Member

This sucks for the people that have the day off from work, that's why I'm annoyed.
    Joker likes this.
  11. 98273598374509 New Member

A friend convinced me to return and another friend to start playing. Tonight is the first time all of us could play together and then this happens. Getting mad about this is understandable for people who want to play the game. Oh well,...

Numzan likes this.
  12. Drexyll Lorekeeper

I remember the "lost time" pretty well. I have been playing this game since 1999, and it is always some bs like this. If this was a couple times in 6 months kinda thing I would understand, but it is damn near every patch. Always have to have a patch for the previous patch and so on. Does this crap happen on other games similar to this? I am asking because I have never played anything else like it. Maybe this type of crap comes with this type of game, but I am guessing it doesn't. Either way, I should be doing more productive things anyway, instead of paying $15 a month for a game that half- runs like it's suppose to...this is just reason #20 or 25 to quit...Again.
  13. Drexyll Lorekeeper

BUT, it SHOULDN'T happen every patch day...
    Joker likes this.
  14. Lollgoff New Member

The reality here is that a game this old has one thing that every programmer dreads, spaghetti code. The game has been around for almost 20 years and that means that hundreds (or maybe thousands) of programmers have had a hand in manipulating that code over it's lifetime. There may be code that no one remembers what a couple strings of code exactly is for, but plays a part in effecting several aspects of the game.

I've played this game off and on for it's entire lifetime and this is just one of those things that shall pass. Be thankful that they don't decide that everything is so screwed up that they have to do a wipe of the server and reset everything to day one like Sony did with the test server years ago.
    Joker likes this.
  15. Zhaunil_AB Augur

And it doesn't either.
    While i agree with the general notion of the post, we've HAVE had patches that went smooth too, both "back then" and more recently. It's just the typical human nature to forget the "good" and "normal" but remember the "bad".
    What did you do, where have you been, on SEP 11th 2001? I guess you remember if you are in the US.
    On NOV 9th 1989 - the OTHER 9/11? You remember if you are german, i am sure.
    What happened on JUL 14th? Like a certain actual VIP wrote in his diary: "rien". While those of us who were present for it remember well the storming of the bastille or the federation-celebrations a year later.
    What you remember is a matter of what you care for more than how often or regular it happens...
    Joker likes this.
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea should be used to it by now.

Andarriel
    Joker likes this.
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Very well said.

Andarriel
    Joker likes this.
  18. Loki New Member

This!
    Saying Sony Patching is like speaking the name Sauron outloud in Middle Earth..
    Joker likes this.
  19. jeskola pheerie

Hah, millennials don't play EQ. We are all senior citizens.
    Joker and Herf like this.
  20. Faerune New Member

So here I am, could not play yesterday due to RL crap, could not play the day before because the internet was down in my area, and now I cannot play because of a freaking patch................. this SuCkS!
    Joker likes this.