20 Years of Experience

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rage_Sk, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Rage_Sk Journeyman

And still can't do an update. You pushed a known broken patch (some instances do not work) all to nerf xp gain. 12 hours of down time and here we are, servers down again. In any other industry this would be unacceptable and people would actually have to do good work to keep their jobs. Could only wonder if every time Android or I Phone pushed out an update that made their phones unable to be used for 12 hours at a time. Please get better people to do this work, or better managers to see that it is done correctly.
  2. taliefer Augur

the fact they knew instances were broken and STILL pushed the patch out is pretty damn inexcusable
    Hateseeker likes this.
  3. Enchanting_Chanter Journeyman

Gotta nerf that XP and delete _all_ the idols and distillates guys! Its way more important than actual fixes.
  4. Poledo_EQ Elder

20? This isn't Verant/Sony/989 - this is Daybreak.
    MasterMagnus and Hateseeker like this.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

IRS servers got nothing on Deybreakgames!
  6. Johnwick Augur

Deybreak probably can figure out what hole to stick it in.
  7. Quill Augur

Are you kidding? Theybreak Games is one of the best companies around.
  8. Rage_Sk Journeyman

They weren't any better at updates, and a lot of the same ppl. It's like when the crappy restaurant goes under new management, the food still sucks because it's the same cooks.
  9. Quill Augur

And the prices go up.
  10. Nessirfiti Augur

At least they didn't pull a CCP and delete boot.ini.
    skattabrainz, Robomax and Rage_Sk like this.
  11. Gremin Augur

There is no dev that I can think of who has been with the game 20 years. Longest tenured dev to my knowledge is Ngreth. Imo, they use EQ as a training ground now for new employees and such.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  12. Demetri Augur

Prathun I believe has been there a smidge longer - I think Ngreth was PoR when he came on, OoW or so for Prathun.
  13. GeauxTigers Elder

There have been a few devs over the years that came in and understood the system incredibly well, but with their 'gifts' they were moved out or moved companies etc.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

I think you just insulted Ngreth, Prathun, et al.
  15. Frags Journeyman

Did they learn from Microsoft's patching team? Let the users QA the update.
  16. Rage_Sk Journeyman

So when companies acquire stuff like this, Employee's in almost all cases go with it, or a majority of them. The company that sold the asset doesn't keep but a few, and the new company needs them to bring their team up to speed. The inability of said team to learn, document, or leverage that experience is not an excuse for crap work, or the companies inability to keep said seasoned employees. Non of this is acceptable from a company with this kind of profit.
  17. taliefer Augur

regardless of how long anyone has worked there, they knew at the very least instanced zones were broken with this patch on test, and still decided to push it live. that alone is pretty inexcusable, nevermind whatever else they broke
  18. GeauxTigers Elder

Na I like them, and liked Elidroth, Aristo, Dzarn and others. But frankly regardless of the talent I think they need more resources.
  19. Goodnews Augur

So xp is going to get worse? :eek:
  20. Gremin Augur

Oh I agree. Just was stating that the 20 years of experience does not apply.

As far as when Ngreth joined it had to be before PoR, as to my knowledge he married the denmother from EQtraders.Com

They met from EQ and working together etc