Why are idols and pots gone on Agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by GeauxTigers, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Silinius Augur

Also looks like Lockjaw had stuff removed
  2. Fibgirl Lorekeeper

Just give them 150kpp, problem solved
  3. GeauxTigers Elder

4. Coirnav Augur

Half of the people posting for them to be removed were from Agnarr. I love this change, please keep this in place.
  5. Hateseeker Augur

My guess is in their overreaching zeal to remove something (idols and potions) that wasn't really harming Coirnav, they pushed the button for Agnarr too.
  6. GeauxTigers Elder

7. Febb Augur

When someone ran the query they most likely forgot to say WHERE server = 'Coirnav' and instead just removed it from all servers.
  8. Hober Journeyman

It appears all the distillates below rank X were removed on phinny as well.
  9. Hinastorm86 Augur

The best comment.
    Hateseeker and Herf like this.
  10. Herf Augur

So in other words, the have someone writing SQL code for a multi server game who doesn't have a clue what that means?

On a multi-server, multi-era, multi-player, multi-race and multi-religion game ALL of these things have to be considered both when making DB query's and when writing C++ classes. [Please god, I hope the game is using a language at least as current as C++]
  11. Hateseeker Augur

So...first they announce but fail to implement until people have sold them for weeks, then when it's corrected they nuke them from Agnarr too...all in all, would have been better to abort and get it right for the next TLP.
  12. Hinastorm86 Augur

Feel free to correct if wrong, but is Roxx a dev? I thought she was community relations like it says on her forum title thingy.
  13. Enchanting_Chanter Journeyman

Don't censor my posts because you don't like the truth being said TBG.

Hey, guess what... `They Break` CANNOT DO ANYTHING RIGHT. Look at the last several patches, they are putting out new stuff AND at the same time fixing things they broke in the previous patch or two. If you properly tested your changes, you wouldn't be wasting as much time. Do it right the first time. Like I told you TBG you should have simply removed the ability to craft the item and own your f*** up and leave what was made in the game. Like you did with the incorrect platinum reimbursements. I don't see you removing that plat from the economy.

Instead, you hurt every innocent person who bought an idol before it became common knowledge that you messed up in the last patch. Now you screwed up multiple other servers trying to fix your last f*** up on Corinav. Pull your head out of your butts please and do some QA and think before you make certain changes like 'lets auto-delete all distillates and idols in the classic era automatically and apply that code to all servers'.
  14. GeauxTigers Elder

Frankly, I think Roxx replied quickly and concisely and they took the servers down and are fixing the mistake, nothing but good vibes from me.

Thanks DB
  15. Girth-Matters Lorekeeper

What a clown fiesta. DBG makes terrible decisions, then makes terrible implementations.

I despise your company. I only put up with this crap to hang out with my friends, and you make that almost unbearable.
  16. Girth-Matters Lorekeeper

Whoever made the decision that 5wis items were overpowered has mental issues.
    Paralyze and discordkitty like this.
  17. MetalBabble New Member

TBH, Roxxlyy, you need to brush up on your "community relation" skills. Asking someone to refrain from posting a duplicate thread to a topic the may not have seen even when searching is absurd. Maybe you can use your skills to help the devs and server admins keep the servers up for more than one hour at a time.
  18. Febb Augur

This is standard forum practice. Are you new to the internet?
    A_New_Cleric and NoWay like this.
  19. GeauxTigers Elder

I think we need another facebook stream for entertainment and information on whats going on
  20. MetalBabble New Member

Yes, I learned how to internet earlier this morning.
    TimeBreak and Elskidor like this.