Banned?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Klockwork421, Apr 18, 2018.

1. djamba New Member

Same issue here on my 2 (silver) accounts. (just tried a couple minutes ago).
    My setup:
    linux + 2 different WINEPREFIX and obviously 2 EQ installations.
    Nothing fabulous in the setup for both. Windows version set to Windows 7, only d3dx9_43 installed using winetricks.
  2. djamba New Member

and no vpn.
  3. Whipper Journeyman

If you are using a VPN, make sure you turn it off. They are currently working on a solution but that was the issue for me at least. If not then just go to their site and open a petition.
  4. Klockwork421 New Member

Ding ding ding. Thank you.
  5. Febb Augur

I have the same issue on ubuntu 16.04 running through wine, however booting into windows my account is fine so I think it's a patcher issue with linux. You may need to grab the patcher files from windows after it has been patched and transfer that to your linux installation and try again.
  6. Whipper Journeyman

Yes, this is includes linux.

From the help.daybreak site:

7. Roxxlyy Augur

Yup, if you're still getting a ban notice, this issue is probably related to being on Linux, Mac, or using a VPN. The blocks are not intentional, and you're account isn't actually banned - the team has figured out why it's happening and is currently looking into how to resolve it.
    Bigstomp and djamba like this.
  8. Astrola New Member

Windows 10 .. no vpn ... 2 accounts load 3 dont
  9. Stefan the Paladin New Member

Using Windows 8.1 (yeah I know, right?) and I had to Google a VPN to see what it was.. no I'm not using one. All my accounts are banned and even the one I just made is banned. I'm going through the process of filling out a ticket, and by the looks of the saved-to files when doing the tests, the ping is timing out to certain addresses.
  10. Stefan the Paladin New Member

I didn't realize some accounts were loading and some were not.. weird..
  11. Astrola New Member

getting banned message on some and some load right up same pc .. no VPN .. really odd
  12. Stefan the Paladin New Member

This sucks.. I was hoping to kill some of those vile orcs of the clan Crushbone.. I guess the evil slaying will having to wait until tomorrow.. if I can log on tomorrow.. ugh..
  13. Astrola New Member

Turned off windows defender and all firewalls and now no banned message
  14. Stefan the Paladin New Member

Interesting..
  15. Stefan the Paladin New Member

I added the launchpad.exe to the windows firewall exceptions list and it went right in.. thanks Astrola.
  16. Astrola New Member

np was worried bug would make me miss raids as my main was getting banned message
  17. Sindace Elder

It's not rare at all. I'm just too lazy to bother with it. They've been purging/banning accts for quite a while now, at least since last September when acct 1 went down, then November when acct 2 got banned. The only conclusion i could make is it only happened to my 2 rarely used accts that didn't have duo factor authentication. Still had relatively recent last played times when they got banned for who knows?