Extruded Black Pearl removed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fishlips_Jones, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fishlips_Jones Journeyman

2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Didn't do the actual mission eh?
    Warpeace and Lyquid like this.
  3. Eonan Nanoe New Member

4. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

you didnt beat the mission, you cheated. be happy it isnt a bad and move on

this topic is wasted space. you knew this was coming.
    fransisco likes this.
  5. Foliax Journeyman

Because banning people for up to three weeks and letting them keep all of the raid gear and VP key pieces and spells they "earned" was easier than a SQL statement.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Fishlips_Jones Journeyman

They'd lose too much money with a ban, I'm guessing at least $100,000.
  7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Well...
    Ofc "not having done the mission" is a possible reason.

But on the other hand:
    I have done all the 19th anniv missions on some characters (3total, others just did parts), and gotten all bonus loot for those 3.
    Of those three, only 1 got all the checkboxes though.
    So a missing checkbox is imo NOT sufficient indication that one hasn't actually done the missions.
  8. Eonan Nanoe New Member

That's some top quality napkin math there my friend.
    fransisco likes this.
  9. Horyuken Augur

The ability to what they did today was probably a result of cactus gate and the recent backend changes! Glad they got to show off their new tools.
  10. Fishlips_Jones Journeyman

$100/year sub. I'm guessing 1000 people minimum didn't complete the encounter, and I assumed a ban would be permanent. No napkin required.
  11. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

how many zeros do i move over to get the answer?
    Jalelorf likes this.
  12. Fishlips_Jones Journeyman

What answer?
  13. svann Augur

14. HeatherPurrs Augur

/kneel
  15. Gnomeland Augur

What did they do? Removed the reward from anyone who didn't complete the actual mission?

In that case: nice to see people weren't rewarded for exploiting the mission from zone in, especially given they just made it so that you only get one reward for each mission complete. Still don't agree with the change to how rewards work for this mission. But hey, now everyone gets to complain about it instead of just the people who failed to exploit it before the change.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  16. Fohpo Augur

Would suck if that's how it worked, since it basically punishes anyone who bought it on FV
  17. Gnomeland Augur

This is a valid argument. I think a better option would've been to make it an "inert extruded black pearl" that can be transformed into the actual pearl when you complete the mission. Given the way the mission works now, and how it only rewards one pearl per mission, that'd be a solid compromise.
    Spellfire, Maedhros and Khat_Nip like this.
  18. Vdidar Augur

Everyone should be happy the devs made content for people to do and give them a nice reward for doing it and be happy nothing is ever designed badly. No room for criticism here guys.
  19. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I believe it was Ngreth that said there would likely be something done, he just wasn't in a position to comment on what it would be. /shrug.
  20. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I lost all of mine.... Then was almost done with the dumb task when servers dumped. I don't care they took them, a warning to state it would happen would have been nice. I always enjoy testing your product and getting a triple cactus hat for free... Yet people test and tell you what is broken and yet it goes live. You as a company choose to push broken task to live servers then we again as a community told you how we did it and it was broken. Now you reward us by taking an item from us. Thank you DB for once again letting us down.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.