12 hr Patch to fix a Patch that the Patch screwed up

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Drexyll, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Drexyll Lorekeeper

What is it now, like 13 hours down time?? You know what this means...there will be so much jacked up crap it will take a 26 hour patch to fix it, and before we know it patches are going to be weeks long. True story. Crazy.
    Joker and lefous like this.
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

3. Lufraki Elder

I don't know why people get all mad about this... I mean, this happens almost EVERY TIME....
    Joker, Andarriel and moogs like this.
  4. Tevraii Journeyman

Eat a snickers and buy a watch.
    OldMan and Joker like this.
  5. daybreaksucks New Member

Because people invest a lot of time in building their toons and become attached to them like a second identity and not having access to it is like your missing a little part of you lol. Not to mention the amount of money people pay over there careers in game for lack of a better term there's always the fear of somethings going to get lost .
    Joker and Andarriel like this.
  6. nazgull2k1 Elder

Ahhh memories...

"Oh guys, servers are coming back up! Woohoo! We can play!"
    *logs in*
    *leaves FV, runs to LOIO*
    *zones*
    /ooc woot! Tower group forming up!
    /ooc I'll take a spot!
    /ooc cmon over! You can dps!
    /ooc omg I got a group as DPS!? THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY EVER!!!

ALL SERVERS ARE BEING BROUGHT DOWN FOR AN EMERGENCY PATCH. THE ESTIMATED DOWNTIME IS THE REST OF YOUR NATURAL LIFE. YES, WE HATE YOU, BUT WE STILL EXPECT TO BE PAID ON THE 1ST!!!

/wrists
    Joker, Nightmares, Andarriel and 5 others like this.
  7. Draconum Elder

This is the most accurate thing I've ever read, ever.
    Joker and Andarriel like this.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You are not important. EverQuest is not important. The amount of downtime is not important.

Go forth and be unimportant.
    Joker likes this.
  9. Eonan Nanoe New Member

Please select from one of the following options:
    • Go outside.
    • Go to the gym.
    • Go to work.
    Joker, Gnats of Stromm and moogs like this.
  10. nazgull2k1 Elder

Added Bonus Options!

Get Laid
    Play a different game
    OldMan, Joker and IceSy like this.
  11. moogs Augur

Please, man. These people already spend enough of their time in a fantasy world.
    Joker likes this.
  12. Vdidar Augur

You guys wouldn’t have ever made it through the Sony hacking down time.
    Tatanka, Joker and Loki like this.
  13. Bitty New Member

Incorrect anyway. Order is:

Go outside
    Go to work
    Do you even lift?
    Joker likes this.
  14. IceSy Augur

:)
    Joker and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  15. Sagarmatha Augur

Give the idiot millenials a break. They're not used to waiting for ANYTHING.

Guess what? We had to stare into our SPELL BOOKS to med. No vision of what was going on with our group. We had to listen to the chaos and decide to stop medding to help. It was crazy, but fun!

Daybreak would gain countless followers if they could figure out a way to make a server like it TRULY was. NO maps! NO discord (I Fing hate discord... EZ mode, much?). No FREE RESURRECTION. Go get your body, or ask a guildy for help!

Reputation mattered a LOT, back then.

It would draw a lot of the old school players.
  16. Shaydoe Nyte New Member

No one has that kind of time anymore to play EQ like it use to be. Now a days, if it was still like that, it would be log in, spam for a group, run there, maybe die on the way there, go get corpse, get to group 30 minutes/ an hour later...

I only have a couple of hours to play a night, I don't want to spend it on running places and corpse runs only to get a group and have like an hour to exp. Old school players have hopefully progressed through life and do not have the time to sit for 8 hours straight and play EQ.

I think if it didn't change, this game would have died a long time ago.
  17. lefous Elder

they srew up again to much gnome in game
    Joker likes this.
  18. Beeferx Journeyman

Oh, it is not the end of the world, sure I was wanting to play as soon as the servers came up. They went down again, bummer I will have to wait longer. Complaining is not going to change anything.
    Joker and moogs like this.
  19. Paralyze Journeyman

Be careful what you wish for, we HAVE had a week-long hiatus before.
    Joker likes this.
  20. nazgull2k1 Elder

Im damn near certain that friggen millenials don't play EverQuest.. and if they do, they MIGHT represent a tiny fraction of this game's population.

Next you'll say it's George Soros that crashed the servers cause Hilary's emails were hidden on DBG's servers while Obama ordered drone strikes on Trump voters in Texas during operation jade helm to combat the ebola infected ISIS fighters coming across the canadian borders to illegally vote in the elections.

TL;DR - Take off the tinfoil hat.