Current Patch Notes Question

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Evenstone, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Evenstone New Member

*** Progression Servers ***

- All Agent of Change raid instances now offer reduced experience compared to the open version of the zone. Previously this was handled inconsistently.

Just how much reduced experience compared to the open version of the zone? If open world dungeon is, say, 50% bonus modifier, then the instance version is reduced to only ___? A 30% modifier? A 3% modifier? This is potentially a real game changer for many of us. If, for example, I go on guild runs of an instance and commit myself to the full 6 hours while to loot is already distributed to other guildies then I am agreeing to go just for the experience of that dungeon run. If there is no experience to be had, you will not find many people willing to go along as "the help" if getting nothing out of at all. I have certainly always been happy to help out guildies on their loot needs but a full 6 hrs and not even getting experience for it and there is very little to motivate me to commit that long for absolutely nothing.
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Aren't you agreeing to go for the better of your guild and, in extension, "your turn" for loot instead?
    moogs and discordkitty like this.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Isn't playing eq and hanging with your buds the reward?
    moogs likes this.
  4. Evenstone New Member

One time kill for epic or specific item, absolutely. 6 hours out of my life then I better damn well get some experience too. Don't turn this around as me being selfish. I help my guild all the time. These are looong commitments and everyone needs to get something out of their time.
  5. Draconum Elder

Believe I saw a response in another thread that they did a pretty big exp hit to them as they were never intended as an alternative to regular grouping and grinding for experience, rather for raid/loot mobs and progression. They apologized for not making it more consistent across the board sooner (I.E. people found some that still gave okay experience and had their own private leveling zones).

While I'm sure you're waiting an official response, pretty safe to say if you're going for any hope of leveling type experience - you're going to have a bad time.
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I think the problem here is most of us struggle to think of any AoC zone that would take a competent group more then a few hours to clear. Without repops, even the Hole is 2-3. And now that the Xp is garbage, be tactical and get in and out. AoC exist to provide access to raid targets, other named being up is just a bonus.