A massive change that the devs leave out of every patch!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TolTech, Apr 18, 2018.

1. TolTech New Member

We need more petitioning done for the removal of barking while attacking / shooting in wolf form.
    I like playing with sound, and feral form is just so powerful, but you never see people using it because they can't stand the barking with every shot / attack!

Every patch day, I pray they heard my cries. I have been let down again. Here our voices! No more barking!
  2. Raina Elder

Playing with sound in 2018. I bet you also play with the combat music on.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I turned the sound/music on for about a minute in the Ayonae Ro fight.

Sounded like a toddler banging on a piano.
    Ronzark likes this.
  4. Aegir Augur

The Combat music is a bit overdramatized; Like fighting lv 1 rat in west freeport while Duel of the Fates going on max on your Stereo. So I'm keeping that off by default.

I do like the sounds though, also when you think some of those samples are all the way back from 1999! Some mix balancing could use some attention soon though :)

The music score for the expansions actually come out better than you think for most of the zones. E.G I like the Tim Burton-feel the music adds to Depths of Darkhollow, or the medieval/gregorian choir dominated themes that grows more dark as you venture deeper into ancient spiritual continent of Taelosia in Gates of Discord.

Then there are a lot of EQ players that switched music and sound off the day they started, and turned up their Techno Mix in Winamp to the max and haven't looked back since. Thankfully, we are all free to chose how we play this game in that aspect :)
  5. Taschxi New Member

I haven't had game sound on in years, I play my own soundtrack in the background so don't need theirs :)
  6. HappyPanda Augur

That's right. Please wait until 2019 before playing with sound on.
  7. Freebirrd Journeyman

8. Gana Augur

I only have the sound on when I visit the otters in Cobalt Scar.
  9. jack of all trades Elder

Haven't played with sound on since about day 3 of starting Everquest many years ago. I don't intend to ever play with it on again. WTF do I need to hear in the game anyway? Cackling skeletons? Bah. Don't need anything interfering with my GINA or Teamspeak/Discord.
  10. Frogmancer Augur

Can’t you block just the illusion part?
  11. HappyPanda Augur

Could we get these as well?
    /autofire on
    /autofire off
  12. Beggly Augur

Never stopped me, not even once. I can ignore the barking. Even laugh about it, as it seems all rangers and druids are literally barking mad when they fight in wolf form. By the way, do you get annoyed at the skel form's laughter? That doesn't bother me either.
  13. malaki Augur

The only place you should have sound and music on is in Cobalt Scar on the beach while killing othmir via melee.
    Gana and snailish like this.
  14. KPW99 Lorekeeper

YOU MONSTER
  15. mesocornaiv Lorekeeper

I use original EQ music. I also have nightmares about the spiders. SKREEEE SKREEEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEEEE.