Mark of the Mighty ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Adonhiram, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Adonhiram Augur

The patch notes say that once an era becomes "fabled enabled", the bosses will stop using Mitigation of the Mighty (MotM) and switch to Mark of the Mighty. But what's this ? I know Presence of the Mighty, which goes with MotM (a debuff aura regarding incoming aoe/spell damage and resists), but I never heard of Mark of the Mighty. Did I miss something ?

And does Mark keep the anti-pet code (boss ignores pets) ?
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Think you may have slightly misread

I'm not entirely sure what they mean by Mark of the Mighty myself but I presume that is supposed to be Presence of the Mighty (their -resist stat Aura applied to players).
  3. Nolrog Augur

Is that a typo? I thought these were the effects (can't seem to find anything on Mark of the Mighy):

Mitigation of the Mighty:
    32khp mobs now have 120khp
    40% raw mitigation of all melee and spells
    Roughly doubles mob dps
    Increased AC
    Pet aggro goes to pet owner

Presence of the Mighty:
    Negative resist mod, look at your stats near a raid mob yo see the specifics.

Mark of the Old Ways:
    Once 11 or more Mage and Necro pets are on a raid mob they begin to get this debuff. Every three pets over cap increases this debuff. This does not impact charm pets, shaman pets or enchanter pets.

Source:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Agnarr/comments/6h9d12/please_explain_mitigation_of_the_mighty/
  4. Brumans Augur

Mark of the Old Ways + Presence of the Mighty = Mark of the Mighty?

Yeah, just seems like some spaghetti fingers. I'd assume they meant Presence. I doubt the Mark of the Old Ways is being adjusted, but hopefully Prathun or someone can bop in.
  5. Prathun Developer

Oops. Yeah, that note should say "Presence of the Mighty" instead of "Mark of the Mighty".

Bosses that don't have Mitigation of the Mighty will also not exhibit the pet tanking behavior that ignores pets and applies pet hate to the pets' owners.

Bosses that apply "Mark of the Old Ways" when attacked by unusually large numbers of pets will continue to do so. This is specific to Progression Servers (or Test or Beta).
    Brumans likes this.
  6. trollivesmatter Journeyman

Is 'fabled enabled' an ongoing thing tied to expansion release, similar to AA autogrant, or just going to jump up half a dozen expacs every anniversary event?
  7. Prathun Developer

The Fabled scripts early out if they are run on a Progression Server and the required expansion hasn't yet unlocked on the server.
    For example, the script for Original EQ Fabled has something like this pseudo-script near the top:
    if (is_progression_server AND NOT expansion_gates) return;
  8. Adonhiram Augur

Now everything is clear, thanks guys and thanks Prathun !