Last day off for 2 weeks...

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Rlec, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Rlec New Member

Any chance the down time estimate can be much lower than the 10 hours? Just came back about a month ago and can't get enough of the game and I'm on my last day off. For the next 2 weeks I work 13 hour days everyday so won't be able to play. Just hoping it will be up much sooner...
  2. Elskidor Augur

It's possible. Sometimes they're right on time while others they're early or late.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Hey, Welcome back to EQ. In the future, be sure to be pro active in posting your schedule, so DBG can adjust the monthly patches around it. See you in Norrath!
  4. moogs Augur

Tough break. Is the sun shining today?
  5. PjDubski New Member

Lol. My thoughts exactly!
  6. Aurastrider Augur

Just keep in mind that patches are usually on the 3rd Wednesday of every month. There have been some exceptions and emergency patches do still happen but I would not make any EQ plans on the 3rd Wednesday of every month during the usual patch time. I always just assume the game is coming down on this day.
  7. slayerofbats Augur

The downtime for this game is too long.
    Draazen likes this.
  8. Rlec New Member

Thanks for the info guys. LOL "is the sun shinning today" Guess I deserved that:p
  9. Roxxlyy Augur

Always hopefully, but the downtime today is lengthier than usual so that we can make some important back-end changes - it's definitely not just a standard patch day for us!
    Xanumbik, Rlec, IblisTheMage and 2 others like this.
  10. Ghubuk Augur

You have a "standard" patch day??! :)
  11. Thunderkiks Augur

I thought it was really awesome that they started the patch early, for the US folks anyway.
  12. Warpeace Augur

Speaking of any update on the status of this current patch??
  13. Roxxlyy Augur

It was awesome for everyone except the team members that had to come in at 2 AM. I do not envy them :eek:

As far as I know, as of now we're still moving towards the expected unlock time. If that changes I'll be keeping the main announcement thread updated best I can!
  14. Boze TLP complaint factory

The dev equivalent of poop-socking NToV ;)
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

As usual very impressed how you till take a moment to give an update or respond to an issue. Roxxlyy Roxxors! :)
    Xanumbik and Roxxlyy like this.
  16. Freebirrd Journeyman

Since its your last day off for 2 weeks you need to pack anyways lol
  17. Thunderkiks Augur

As a customer I appreciate it. :D

As a business owner I also work at odd times to provide for my customers, so I can sympathize with them :)
  18. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Agreed, i play other games that are much more complex than EQ and they are usually only down a couple hours.
    slayerofbats likes this.
  19. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I need you to cite these other games, and provide a detailed list of every patch and downtime for each, going back 6 months.
    Talonthalis likes this.
  20. Diptera Augur

...and I'm sure we can PROMISE you that these games are not in any way "more complex" than the tangled spaghetti code that is now EQ ;)