Old school player from launch til Legends of Ykesha expansion wanting to return but has questions

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by MitchArmour, Apr 9, 2018.

1. FRB49er New Member

Hey all! This is MitchArmour ..... This is my old account. I remembered the user name myself and the password, I logged on and got a instant 500 daybreak coins , my account was from the tart of EQ in 1999 and I bought all th eexpansions up to legacy of Ykesha with physical money at a store )well ykesha by download update lol) but you guys get my point. BUT I looked on the servers I thought my old Druid Wood Elf was on, I forgot I died a lot and lost levels down til ike 48-46 not sure but "Linkin" a Wood Elf Druid for sure. I went to the link an got my old account up but CANT FIND ANY OF MY OLD CHARCTERS LET ALONE My old main charcter, the Wood elf Druid. Please can someone guide me EXACTLY how to go about getting my old charcter back?? I found the way to get on my old account but wanna get my old charcter back now.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

This is great news. You now have a veteran account, on which you can use the /veteran command A LIMITED NUMBER OF TIMES! :) so don’t squamder the,. You can look up on Fanra’s wiki what this entails, the most important thing is that you have the daily Lesson of the Devoted AA, which is a beefy xp bonus once a day.

You should log into every server to check out if you can find your toon.

Remember to play the tutorial! :)
  3. slayerofbats Augur

The servers merged and changed a lot so log in to them all (except progression servers) and you will find the character. Make sure to hire a Merc to help you carry on levelling, cuz there will be nobody to group with.
  4. FRB49er New Member

I cant find my linkin wood elf druid on ANY SERVER ..... when I left everquest he died and I didn't recover what was on the corpse it was too tough at time with a laggy crap computer back in 2004. And my account "expired" after 6 months of not paying or signing back in or something I thought the character was permanently deleted because of that. Please anyone who can help me.
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

Just make a new Toon with the same name. Then make it Heroic Bam 85 Linkin log wood elf!
  6. FRB49er New Member

I'm free to play still tho so cant make a heroic yet til I pay, I think I made a test charcer for everquest 2 thinking I would have a chance to make a heroic in both, I immedatly ran back to EQ from EQ2 lol. And until I figure out a way to zoom out my camera to see where my toon is going properly and those around me better, etc., and I have a ASUS laptop with a built in mouse pad and don't know how to zoom my camera back with it yet wich is actually a huge deal to me lol.
  7. moogs Augur

Just wondering what the obstacle is to using a 3-button mouse.
  8. Shaydoe Nyte New Member

Is your laptop running windows 10? After browsing the interwebs, I found that Asus touchpads have an issue with the scroll feature (they just don't work) after upgrading to windows 10. I never use my touchpad, so I just noticed that it did not work. There is a fix for it here https://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-drivers-for-windows-10/

It will have you download and install the ATK Package first, then download and install the Asus Smart Gesture. Then open Smart Gestures and enable touchpad srcolling. I tried to do this on my Asus ROG but it appears my laptop is too old (6 yrs) and did not work.

Hopefully that will work for you.
  9. Geroblue Augur

F9 changes the camera view. On some of those you can use the left mouse button to zoom out or in to where your character is located.
  10. OldMan New Member

Not to mention no more corpse runs, money is weightless, "find" and origin for everyone really helps :)
    I am a returning player and those to me were great and made it much easier to get back into it.
    Aurastrider likes this.
  11. Caell Augur

Try to figure out where you char ended up here's how all the servers merged a level 46+ char shouldn't have ever been deleted. If you still can't find it you will need to submit a petition to Daybreak maybe they will be able to find it.
  12. hellohello123 Lorekeeper

It is a very different game now.
  13. Khaliss Augur

I also hail from California, and came out of EQ retirement recently. There are only 2 servers I play on, which apparently have high-pop status: Firiona Vie (live server) & Agnarr (TLP). Firiona Vie I dinged 110 just a couple of days ago, and on Agnarr (which is PoP/LDoN locked) will have PoP activated today(?).
  14. Finfan Augur

The one thing I find to be the most striking difference in modern EQ vs. "the old days" is that the old world is completely empty. I have a druid and occasionally will go "walkabout" just for nostalgia's sake. There will be zone after zone of nobody. There is very little low level activity outside of Crescent Reach.
  15. IblisTheMage Augur

A lot of the game is “instanced” now, meaning that a new version of the zone is created for a few hours at a time, only accessible for the group that requested the zone via a quest-like game mechanics.

It has benefits and drawbacks, obviously.