Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Bigger tribute pool!
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

You can sell all items in a bag already. Just click on the bag itself instead of each individual item. Click sell and you will get a confirmation that you want to sell the entire contents of the bag. Just make sure that you have at least one item in the bag first that can be sold to prevent accidently selling a container/bag that can be sold (I am not sure it would actually let you sell a bag by itself if it has items in it but I really don't want to find out). Also make sure that all contents of the bag are things you want to sell.
  3. Sakuraba Augur

All well and good when you can afford the sub price.

When you can't and have to lapse a month or two because of RL problems, it halts your progress. Easier to just have the ability to still pick up and go even if you have to lapse. Especially since a few years ago J1 mercs WERE still usable by Silvers. No clue when we lost that privilege
    Geroblue and IblisTheMage like this.
  4. moogs Augur

DISABLE the ability for greedy Krono loot idiots to join x-server General chat channels. There is no good reason for anyone to be able to do this!
    Lestazia, Elyssanda and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  5. moogs Augur

Add the ability to Save Draft in the mail system.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Been asked plenty of times I'm sure but add the following to our stat inventory page:

Melee Critical DMG Modifier %
    Spell Critical DMG Modifier %
    DoT Critical DMG Modifier %
    Melee Critical Chance %
    Spell Critical Chance %
    DoT Critical Chance %
    Exceptional Heal Chance %
    Double Attack Chance %
    Triple Attack Chance %
    Flurry Chance %
    Twincast Chance %
    Twinheal Chance %
    Dodge Chance %
    Parry / Block Chance %
    Riposte Chance %
    Shield Block Chance %
    Staff Block Chance %

Obviously I know the defensive chances roll against NPC strikethrough values but seeing where you stand in raw numbers before rolling against those strikethrough values would be cool. Plus all the other ones would be neat to be able to see outright.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, then, how do you still allow NON-greedy Krono loot idiots to join those channels?

Not saying it isn't annoying, but how do you just block certain people?

An alternate idea would be to allow users to block all cross-server chat in General channels.
    Elyssanda and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  8. moogs Augur

Is there any legitimate reason for someone to join a General chat channel on a server that they are not logged into? I can't think of one.

Is there an example of an active cross server chat channel which is used for constructive purposes? I'm not aware of one. I think that the feature should be killed.

I'd be fine with that too.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I can, easily. Though it doesn't apply for me.

After 19 years, there are a LOT of players who have chars on many of the various servers in EQ. People could be logged into the general channel on a server where they know many people, just to, you know, chat ;)

In fact, I've seen this.

I guess this bugs you way more than it bugs me. I've blocked (/ignore) several specific users due to sell spamming, and that's cleared up a lot of it. I also have General go to a chat window which I don't regularly look at, because even on-server general chat can get fairly spammy and OT-ey (you know what I mean, music, news, politics, stuff I truly don't care about while I'm playing EQ).

Barring that approach, are there really more than 10-15 people who regularly spam cross-server for Krono deals? Just /ignore them, see if that takes care of it.
    svann likes this.
  10. moogs Augur

It bothers me when I'm hopping between 10+ alts and having to manually block the same people.

antonius.lizordo please die if you read this
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Ah, yes, another reason why it would bother you a lot. I am usually on the same char almost all the time.

One thing I used to do, when I hopped between alts a lot, is to copy the friends/ignore text between chars. These are found in the [Friends] and [Ignored] section of your {charname}_{servername}.ini files. Shouldn't be too hard to make a script which can copy those sections to all the files.
    moogs likes this.
  12. moogs Augur

Ah yeah, I used to do this a long time ago. Good call.
  13. Aurastrider Augur

With the closure of LON and prizes basically being handcuffed to each server instead of people having the ability to trade openly I still see some value in cross server stuff. I am not saying it isn't annoying when someone constantly spams across multiple servers but there are some things that it still has value in. It would be nice if they just had an actual auction channel for each server that would be optional for people to join. All wts and wtb stuff could go there and only people that want to see that stuff would see it.
  14. moogs Augur

We used to have such a channel on each server. It was called /auction. (RIP /taxi). We also had an /lfg tool which was excellent. In fact, we still have it and it still works, but the users are stupid and lazy.
  15. Kianara Lorekeeper

I'd love to see tabbed chat windows, and hotbars you can make smaller than 12 buttons.

Further down the list, I wouldn't mind seeing a few EQ2 things in EQ1 .. the ability to queue your next spell, and quest tracking/info on the map for starters!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Speaking of hotbars, one HUGE change I'd like to see is when you copy a UI layout to a new char, that the hotbars are made the same size and button size. I'm tired of having to make 2 changes to 10 hotbars every time I log in a new char. 4 changes per bar, if you include unlocking it, and then locking it again when you're done.

Not to mention all of the other windows which do not have their layout copied at all. Bags, inventory, map, quests, basically any window that's not open all of the time by default. Make "copy UI" really copy everything, layout-wise.
    Yinla and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  17. Dracco New Member

Veteran AA, Summon Parcel NPC. That would be cool.
    Yinla and moogs like this.
  18. Pharmer Enthedell New Member

I was thinking about a dedicated 24/7 NPC Trader/Buyer... and see it listed on the first page. So, yeah me too.

Make them available to everyone? Maybe a varying percent of the profit based on subscription?
  19. Raccoo Augur

I wish when I rotate my characters with the mouse, and hit a corpse while holding down right click, it wouldn't try to open /advloot window and block my screen. Could we get an option to toggle off opening the advloot window by clicking on corpses? Does anyone even use that feature?

I would love a smaller map with a short distance that could fit in the corner of the screen without obscuring, with the option to still open another larger map window to see a bigger area.

A bandolier for all your gear, in case you need to switch out a belt or another item besides the primary/secondary/range/ammo.

A closet for ornaments, so you can store them but also quickly switch between ornament sets, instead of replacing them one by one.
  20. alycin Journeyman

First thing on your list was sell all contents of a bag at once...........Well try it you maybe surprized......
    1. sell all contents of a bag at once