Fabled in AoC Instances?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jaera, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Jaera Augur

I'm assuming the answer is "yes" for a variety of reasons, but it can't hurt to ask! Is it intended that Agent of Change instances do not spawn fabled versions?
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I've seen some group/solo named spawn as fabled in AoC instances but anything with MoTM does not.
  3. GlareAgnarr Journeyman

On Test all PoP AoC's are populating with MotM Fabled.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Since Test came up yesterday I haven't even been able to zone in to any AoC instances, always getting a "way is blocked" message.
  5. GlareAgnarr Journeyman

You have to be flagged to spawn a PoP DZ, is the toon your using flagged the proper way through POP? I'm assuming yes since you're saying just since when test came up. That's interesting though. They definitely were spawning before yesterdays patch though.
  6. Prathun Developer

The Original EverQuest fabled NPCs are restricted to only occur in Zone IDs <= 800 (static zones, effectively.)
    All other fabled NPCs are restricted so that they won't occur in Dragons, Dragons, Dragons. Otherwise, they can occur in any zone where these NPCs can spawn.

These restrictions should probably be looked at more carefully.
    Edit: It doesn't look like we'll be able to make any changes to this for the April update.
  7. TakeMeSeriously Journeyman

Boot up a Dragon Necropolis instance, you'll see a Fabled Vilefang. They can spawn in AoC instances.
  8. Prathun Developer

Yes, Vilefang will be fabled in the AoC instance because Dragon Necropolis isn't an Original EverQuest zone.
  9. TakeMeSeriously Journeyman

I see, I didn't see the Original part. Any idea why The Fabled Evil Eye in Lower Guk won't spawn? I camped it for 3 hours and saw 12 regular EEs. Open world, base pick.
    Prathun likes this.
  10. Prathun Developer

No prob. There's a random chance that "an evil eye" in Lower Guk will be the fabled version, The Fabled Evil Eye. Some bosses and rare NPCs are guaranteed to be Fabled and others have a random chance to be Fabled. This evil eye is the latter. I tested it on Beta several times and was able to get a few Fabled in-between the duds.
  11. Prathun Developer

Why is Evil-Eye hyphenated in the item name "Bag of Sewn Evil-Eye" but not the NPC names "an evil eye" "The Fabled Evil Eye"? :confused:
  12. GlareAgnarr Journeyman

Can we get PoP AoCs working with no Fabled on Test to test before Agnarr launch? ;););)
  13. The_Phoenix Journeyman

If Fabled beyond original EQ are intended to spawn in instances, I can confirm they currently are not on phinigel server. Opened a ToV AoC instance on 4/15/18 and not one Fabled on track.
  14. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I believe the issue is that NPC's with MoTM cannot currently spawn as fabled. If you wait until after the patch removing MoTM from old content (presumably this Wednesday) then fabled should spawn in AoC instances for Kunark and Velious. This excludes classic content fabled (Naggy, Vox, etc.) which are apparently coded to only spawn in open world regardless.
    Sumonerr_Tunare and The_Phoenix like this.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

There's a ton of those oddly hyphenated item names. Elf-hide gloves, white wolf-hide cloak, etc.
  16. Prathun Developer

Phinigel and the other progression servers use different ZCD IDs for many classic era bosses so that they will spawn more quickly. Since Fabled scripts check for ZCD IDs to determine whether and how the NPC should be fabled, they will not and cannot. We can look into this for later.
  17. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Wait, so we will not be getting fabled in AoC instances after the patch on Wed?
  18. Prathun Developer

In the cases where a progression server is using new ZCDs for bosses, then those bosses will not and cannot Fable.
  19. Nekromancy Elder

I'm confused. I thought progression servers were getting fabled. But, according to the replies, bosses that had sped up timers, can't be fabled? How many fabled mobs can even spawn in these old zones for a server like phinny who is starting to get fabled.

Before this post was made, I was sure that it had been posted before that phinny would get fabled. But now it sounds like they'll get very very few fabled and none of those being real bosses? I had always thought every important boss in classic kunark and velious were sped up. Also, how about vex thal in the future? Those spawns were sped up, will VT ever be fabled?

I'm not sure if you guys were waiting to tell people this or no one cared. Should have probably been looked at and fixed a long time ago instead of just lying and saying they'll get fabled, making everyone think they would get all possible fabled mobs. When in reality, it's not like that at all, from the sounds of it.
  20. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I mean, in their defense, weird zone ID numbering restrictions on how fabled spawn seems like a pretty easy thing to overlook back when they sped up the timers in 2015 to help alleviate raid congestion.